• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Karma

ClayBoneNJ

I was playing hole 4 in New Brunswick yesterday, and came across an Innova Factory 2nd Champion disc. No one was around when i looked so i stuck it in my bag. After the round, when i got in my, i noticed there was a name and number on the inner rim of the disc. At first i was thinkin finders keepers right? Then i thought if i lost a champion disc, i would sure want someone to return it. with that said, i called him up. Turns out he didnt even miss the disc, and forgot that he lost it. I told him where i found it, turns out the guy is from seattle and the last time he played newbrunswick was in November! He had been here on buisness and lost it in a pile of leaves. We BSed for a minute and i told him i was new to the sport and hooked on it. He then replied that if it was a disc that he actually concered about he would have worked out something with shipping, but since he wasnt missing it, and i was an honest guy and a begginer to the sport that i should put it in my bag and see how i like it. So now i have a new disc and a clear concience! Thats karma for you!!!:D

Yes sir, thats what I love to hear. I give everyones plastic back as long as I know them. I would like the same thing and it has come back around many times. Good hearing that story

I saw one lying in an open fairway and there was nobody around. I yelled "YELLOW CLASSIC ROC!" a few times. No response so I called the number. It was the guy's first disc ever and he lost it several years earlier. He had moved but his parents still lived nearby so later that day I dropped it off to them.

A few minutes after I spoke with him these 2 guys walk by asking for a yellow disc. I asked them if there was a name on it. The one guy said, "I don't know. Why does that matter?" The other guy just giggled. I just glared at them. I think they figured out that I already found the Roc and I wasn't giving it back because the first guy said, "Whatever, we've found so many out here already."

Probably a few of mine.

I once found a Blue Discraft disc on the side of Hole 15 down in the ravine next to Giles Run. Since there was no name and number on it, I was like "Bonus!"

That evening I was hitting Burke Lake for a quick round, and threw it on 17...where it faded to the left and dissapeared forever.

I also had a funny "positive mojo" story at Burke... I was tossing one of my Champion discs in the area of a train station they use for a mini railroad. I managed to land my Champion Wraith on the roof. After trying to figure out a way to climb up and get it, I gave up, and called the management office to see if they could bring a ladder to help me. They said they couldn't right now, due to it being close to their quiting time, so they would get it for me in the morning.

The next day I called and they said it was gone.

Well, I was a bit bummed out by this, so I went there to look and see if it got blown off the roof into the woods nearby, but no dice. After giving up, I went over to the course to play a quick round, and my tee shot on 1 went to the right of the basket, into a small patch of woods. When I got to my disc, lo and behold, there's a tie-die champion beast sitting there, with no name or number on it.

I found a champion eagle at Van Zee park in Washington but was leaving the next day so I didn't bother calling the name. Then, about a week later, I was playing in Salem and lost the disc in the bush in the middle of a field. I don't know how I lost it but it was nowhere to be found.

Then, a little after that I lost my brand new Champion Valkyrie at Tom Pearce Park in Grants Pass.

From now on, I will call when I find a disc.

I found a champion eagle at Van Zee park in Washington but was leaving the next day so I didn't bother calling the name. Then, about a week later, I was playing in Salem and lost the disc in the bush in the middle of a field. I don't know how I lost it but it was nowhere to be found.

Then, a little after that I lost my brand new Champion Valkyrie at Tom Pearce Park in Grants Pass.

From now on, I will call when I find a disc.

Serves you right. Lousy excuse for not calling. You could have hidden the disc somewhere for him (told him where to look obviously) and he still could have picked it up!

Last year I found a Tie Dye QJLS with the name Todd on it, but no number. We hollered out at the league guys for "Todd" several times, but no one answered, so I kept it.

The Karma comes in when hubby throws it and loses it a month later at another course, now with my name but no number on it. :eek: We looked and looked, and indeed have looked again since, but I'm betting the group behind us inherited it. :)

I now put my # on everything :D

i moved to Raleigh, NC a little more than a year ago. Since moving I've probably lost a half dozen discs in random places, 2 at UNC that I can think of...anyway, I'm wondering that since i don't have a local #, if that's a reason I haven't gotten any calls...I know for a fact that one of the discs I lost at UNC was a Tie-Dye ESP Crush, right in the middle of a fairway, I just forgot to pick it up after my drive and didn't notice until i got home (40 minutes away)...so i'm guessing that my (314) area code has maybe given locals the impression that my lost discs are from "out-of-towners" and they don't bother trying to contact me...that doesn't stop me from calling on discs i find though

I remember finding a disc, a Force I think, just laying about 30 ft from the basket at #15 at McDade Park in Conroe, TX. I called the number and the guy had just left the park. He came back and met me in the parking lot. He was very happy to get that disc back, and it made me feel good returing it to him. I have lost about 7 discs and I have only gotten one back.

i moved to Raleigh, NC a little more than a year ago. Since moving I've probably lost a half dozen discs in random places, 2 at UNC that I can think of...anyway, I'm wondering that since i don't have a local #, if that's a reason I haven't gotten any calls...I know for a fact that one of the discs I lost at UNC was a Tie-Dye ESP Crush, right in the middle of a fairway, I just forgot to pick it up after my drive and didn't notice until i got home (40 minutes away)...so i'm guessing that my (314) area code has maybe given locals the impression that my lost discs are from "out-of-towners" and they don't bother trying to contact me...that doesn't stop me from calling on discs i find though

I always call...but I would definitely call an STL'er back!

Latest posts