• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Monthly: Deer Lakes Park (PFDO)

Ripper

Double Eagle Member

When it rains it really pours for Will. Is it just me or is the color commentating getting worse? Cubby doesn't seem to want to be there, and if Kady says forearm one more time...

Sucks for Will because he and Josh set course records first round (54). Feldberg, as mentioned late in the video, carded the course record 52 second round to get back onto the top card heading into the 2nd day.

When it rains it really pours for Will. Is it just me or is the color commentating getting worse? Cubby doesn't seem to want to be there, and if Kady says forearm one more time...

I have noticed the commentary sliding as well. Also, through the various videos, Cubby always seems to talk over whomever is there with him. I thought at first that maybe their timing was just a bit off, but it seems like Cubby just jumps in whenever....

On a positive note, I wish they did a whole lot more coverage, I think their's is the best I've seen in terms of quality.

Great quality video. I agree that the commentary is holding these DGM's back. It bothered me throughout the entire video and the music they play as they're theme (guitar strumming) gets so stuck in my head (in a bad way) and is sooooo out dated. Makes me think of the 70's or something.

If they updated those two things and maybe the graphics a bit too, they would be the very best videos out there.

I am new to this sport and this was the first video I have ever watched. I thought the commentary was decent. I enjoyed the video immensely. It also depressed me because I play this course quite often and my best score is 68 from the white tees. Some of the shots these guys made were tremendous.

The only reason the commentary was below par is because neither commentator is familiar with Deer Lakes at all. When they know the courses they seem to have alot more to say.

Does anyone know if DGM has anything in the works for the rest of the footage from the PFDO? I know it's typically one episode for one event, but I think they also filmed the lead card during the finals and it would be a shame if none of that footage even made it into the highlights package.

Does anyone know if DGM has anything in the works for the rest of the footage from the PFDO? I know it's typically one episode for one event, but I think they also filmed the lead card during the finals and it would be a shame if none of that footage even made it into the highlights package.
Must have missed this:
"...Tune in next month for coverage of rounds 3 and 4."

A bit bummed that we have to wait a month for the final two rounds... I enjoy DGM's coverage very much.

I really like DGM but they do need to work on the commentary, the previous round highlights especially. I find them almost unwatchable because of the "nuthin but chains!" comment every time someone makes a put.

not only is it redundant to the point of irritation, but really is in no way related to saying, "nuthin but net" 99% of puts go in hitting chains, where most basketball shots hit rim or backboard or both.

they are mediocre commentators, but at least no one was hit in the face with a FRISBEE ;)

I think for now it is the best out there.

It would be cool to see/hear an active pro commentate on the lead card, like Climo or Feldberg, Shultz even.

I think for now it is the best out there.

It would be cool to see/hear an active pro commentate on the lead card, like Climo or Feldberg, Shultz even.

If they weren't high as a kite on whatever they're usually smoking.