• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf While Pregnant?

My wife played up until about the 8th or 9th month. By then her belly was screwing up her drive so badly it was just too frustrating for her. You try tying a 30 lb weight to your belly and going discing, it ain't easy!

There is no way in hell that is bad for the baby. A little walking in the woods with a little bending over and a little twisting? Give me a break. I finally got my wife to quit cycling after 5 or 6 months but she kept working out (clean and jerks, crossfit etc, not elliptical pussy stuff) to the end.

Congrats to all of you guys who are pregnant out there.

My wife tried discing when she was pregnant with our second child, (Ihad just gotten into the sport at the time) and she said it bothered her abs, so she quit. I agree to just know your own limits, and listen to your body. The exercise of walking the course should be really good for your body and the future of disc golf inside your belly.

I've seen a few women playing while pregnant up in michigan, one even in a tournament!

There is no way in hell that is bad for the baby. A little walking in the woods with a little bending over and a little twisting? Give me a break. I finally got my wife to quit cycling after 5 or 6 months but she kept working out (clean and jerks, crossfit etc, not elliptical pussy stuff) to the end.

Your wife is pretty hard core, crossfit while prego...that is impressive. I have a hard enough time doing it without the 30 extra pounds. That being said I have read and our OB told my wife that keeping active while pregnant is important. As long as she doesn't have any other complications then a little DG should be just what the doctor ordered.

That's what we want in the future.. A little dger to come out and play with his/her parents. Keeping our fingers cross for the next month - just need some positive thoughts.. Hugs to all of us! Both Moms and Dads for taking up the courage to teach, share, and love their child(ren)!

That's what we want in the future.. A little dger to come out and play with his/her parents. Keeping our fingers cross for the next month - just need some positive thoughts.. Hugs to all of us! Both Moms and Dads for taking up the courage to teach, share, and love their child(ren)!
Ditto for us as well. We think that ours may get a taste of Worlds 2011 in Charlotte since my parents live there. We may put them in the mini competition :) We're hoping for healthy first, and that they are into disc golf second. Then we're hoping my wife's recovery doesn't affect her game to much. She is definitely more competitive than I am.

My wife, who is in her mid-sixth month, just took 2nd in her division in a tournament this past weekend--one round of 23 holes, one round of 18. She can't throw as strong as she used to, but she's still out playing a couple times a week, and her doctor agrees that it's great, low-impact, non-worrisome exertion for a pregnant woman.

^^ my OB agrees. I only wish I could play more. Having a pre-existing back condition AND being 7+ mos along makes picking the discs up very difficult. I'm good for about 7 holes (250-300ft each) then it's time to rest. :(

Hats off to you woman!!! I cant get mine to get off her ars and shes not even pregnant

It's official. Tiff will be competing at Worlds in Fw1, @just short of 4 months pregnant. Hopefully like previous pregnant competitors she can sneek a win out.

It's official. Tiff will be competing at Worlds in Fw1, @just short of 4 months pregnant. Hopefully like previous pregnant competitors she can sneek a win out.

Pregnant hormones give the lady the power to win.

CONGRATS!!! I'm sure I'll see Tiff around. I'm not playing but will be in Kansas on Thursday the 31 and be Haleigh's caddy. Haleigh and Paige are leaving next Thursday.

CONGRATS!!! I'm sure I'll see Tiff around. I'm not playing but will be in Kansas on Thursday the 31 and be Haleigh's caddy. Haleigh and Paige are leaving next Thursday.

Tell them both we said good luck. We need to bring a title back to TX. I don't think i'm anywhere close to the MA1 title...:D

Tell them both we said good luck. We need to bring a title back to TX. I don't think i'm anywhere close to the MA1 title...:D

Last I looked Haleigh and Paige have a good chance of winning. They are in the top 5 or 6 as far as ratings.
Paige has been in the top 3 the last few years.
Paiges dad has one of the highest in advanced masters. He took second in 01 or 02 in ma1.

Texas has a good shot at a winner.

I think Paige should be the favorite going by ratings. Haleigh should be really close to the top as well. Hopefully Tiff can stay healthy again and not hurt her arm. Hopefully we'll be hanging out together in the finals!

Latest posts