• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] discmania FD- jackal ...its coming

First runs didn't say "first run" on them?

The first first runs were the Russian stamp. Then they made them with production stamps. Only until the factory store opened did they run "first run" stamps. The majority have the stock production stamps

^ hopefully yours doesnt break in fast,mine did and its super flippy now.

Haven't had any problems yet, it's definitely getting more understable, but it still pops out. I have got some crushing distance with my FD. 390'-410' my furthest throw with any disc is 425' so I have been very impressed with the FD. I hope it doesn't get flippy, but for now it seems to be holding very consistently. It's been a great solution for some holes I used to struggle on.

How does a FD compare to a fresh heavy star or champ Leo at 300-325'?

Is the FD more TL or Leo?

I would call the FD more neutral than a leopard. Not as much turn but not a lot of fade. Quite similar to the Leo other than the FD has more glide. I explain it to people as if a teebird and a leopard had a baby and it had the best parts of each.

The gfd will work fine into a great roller,doesnt take nearly as long as it does to beat in regular s line. My fd was from the deep in the game tour bus, light orange,mild dome, 175g. I played my fav course and week after week i watched it lose stability,i hated that at first but ive learned to love it. G line/g* is just much softer than traditional s line so it breaks in faster. For the sake of mold minimalism,i dropped the std(my original bh roller) and the fd2 for the cfd and gfd. Its a great disc so im sure thats what your looking for to fill that spot in between pds and mids.

I must say man great call on the G FD! Just got a purple g FD slight dome but not near as much as my C FD. And I must say this thing is killer. Out of the box it flew a tick less stable then my C FD. Reminds me a lot of my GL river but not near as nose angle sensitive and rolls much better. Exactly what I was looking for!

Great, now I want to try a G-FD. My S line has become stupid flippy wondering if I should just get another one of these or get a G. My S line is really light @ 165g and domey. Really seems too light for a roller. That probably has a lot to do with it. Maybe just a heavier S would work..

This has probably been answered numerous times, but it's a pretty large thread.

How flippy is the C Line compared to S Line? I have an S Line that is a little too flippy for my liking. Does the C Line have that nice "S Shot" flight that I was expecting from the S Line based on the numbers?

The 3rd run jolly launcher C-FDs seem to be very straight flyers with very little turn or fade, at least for me. The 2nd run C-FDs are straight with a nice fade similar to a Teebird to me. I actually took my 2 star Teebirds out when I got the second run because it filled that role in my bag without having to throw a different mold.

it should be noted that S-line FD's are very sensitive to OAT and too much mustard. It is a finesse disc even at max weights that requires clean form and a smooth throw.

The 3rd run and on should be more forgiving to those errors and have a straighter/more stable flight in comparison to S-lines with the same clean throw.

no joke, the S-line FD flys insanely far and lazer straight when you throw it around 70% and worry more about a clean smooth release than how much you put into the throw.

it should be noted that S-line FD's are very sensitive to OAT and too much mustard. It is a finesse disc even at max weights that requires clean form and a smooth throw.

I didn't know that about the FD. I thought it was something I could just pick up and rip flat and achieve a nice S-shot.

I haven't thrown it much of the season, but I've been throwing a comet all season and it's become one of my favorite discs. My form has improved a lot, so I might need to give the FD another shot before the snow flies.

The 3rd run and on should be more forgiving to those errors and have a straighter/more stable flight in comparison to S-lines with the same clean throw.

I know OAT is not my issue. I used to throw Rivers which are sensitive to the same things. I think this particular disc is just flippy. I can hyzer flip it and it turns over late in its flight and never comes back at a distance of around 325-350'. It doesn't flutter like a wounded duck just cleanly flips to flat and rides for a good while before turning and gliding out to the right never stabilizing.

It works great as a roller but because of the light weight just kind of runs out of steam on the ground. So, I'm thinking a heavier S or G line would roll further than this light one.

I had the same problem with S-lines. Before I throw them now I have to consciously take power off the throw, this produces a very very straight flight (almost no turn, almost no fade)

What weight are you throwing? I find that 175 is the most useful weight for the S-lines if you're looking for a neutral fairway driver (maybe for rollers too, but I don't know) it allows them to season without become unusable flip machines.

again, I find the best results when I purposely dial down on S-line fds. The biggest advantage the disc has (purely my opinion) is the glide. It can carry similar distance and straighter lines with less power than other big fairway drivers (teebird, eagle, etc.) but can't handle as much torque. S-lines are very useful for stand still shots/one step run ups/low power shots. Remember GLIDE is the advantage of this disc.

sorry to sound like a broken record,fill this forum up but I really stand behind this mold. (in all it's different run glory)

I ordered a S-FD xout with my backup for the usual C-FD. Tried it out at the field and it didn't seem any more understable than the C-FDs. If anything, it was actually a little harder to flip... It seems to be a little flatter than my Clines. Was there a more stable runs of the S-lines like the 2nd run C-FDs??

can one control it like a leopard? how does it fit with leopard and roadrunner?

can one control it like a leopard? how does it fit with leopard and roadrunner?

I often pair my FDs with Leopards. The FDs (2nd run and 3rd run champ) get straight to OS duties, and the Leopards (champ and a pro) get under stable because I could never get my FD to do a super slow turnover like a leopard can. I have even considered using my old roadrunner, but I have a SPD that's thrashed enough for that slot. IMO, it's a great combo.

I don't have a problem with FDs being too flippy and find that the S-line FDs can handle as much power as I want to give them. If you really crank on them though, you'll need to start them on a hyzer, but not too much. I carry both the C-line and S-line. The 3rd run C-lines are just dead nuts straight. If I need a little turn, I'll go with the S-line. I picked up a G-line, but haven't thrown it too much. I'm keeping it for a winter disc as I really don't like G-star plastic at all under normal conditions.

Latest posts