• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Discmania Prototype January 2016 (DDX)

How do these compare to a Trespass?

A little more glide and stronger fade. However, the fade is very late in flight. It definitely holds true to the Fade: 3 rating, but will fly dead straight if hyzerflipped or show a mild turn if thrown flat and hard - then in the last 15% of it's flight, will fight hard to turn back to the left. (RHBH)

Any other online retail store's have them available yet? $18+ $8 shipping is pretty high especially since there's nothing special about the first run stamp. I can wait longer since it's already been so long to release these.

infinite and sunking had them for preorder yesterday, I think sunking still has a few in the ~172 range

Just threw my s Ddx vs my 8.5/10 destroyer. It had a little more turn, a little shallower grip but bombed 50 ft past the destroyer. Similar fade, but basically a seasoned destroyer out of the box. I really liked it but in a year it will have to battle with a more seasoned destroyer

I can wait longer since it's already been so long to release these.

Discmania definitely took too long to release these after the hype. I was super excited at first but just feel like I could care less now and eventually I'll get one in my hands.

Too much hype.

I'd probably go so far as to consider myself a DM fanboi, and I love my MF DDx, but I just don't understand why they're cobbling together TBA's and scattered releases based around over-generated hype. The quality of the disc will eventually speak for itself, so give the people what they want and let the masses decide. In the end if it's a garbage release then the mfg has to deal with recovering from an over-hyped release, as well as a crappy mold. Not to mention potentially losing fans of the brand due to experiencing the frustration and silliness of having to potentially chase and miss out on limited releases.

I definitely don't understand why it's going to be so long before production run C-Lines will be available?? Probably more hype.

As a long time supporter of discmania if been pretty put off by the direction they've taken the past year. Feels like they're losing touch with the things that made them popular to begin with. The limited edition forced value skyrocketing pro shop prices etc. is for the birds...

Maybe I'll try the DDx when I've thrashed the stupid number of the destroyers I've collected waiting for this release.

Still looove the fd\pd\pd2!

I was able to scoop up a new max weight S-Line from Supreme Flight with a nice "SF" stamp. Excited to see how the max weight compares to my 166g.

I know the hype has been over the top, but this is one disc that I finally feel lives up to it. It truly fills a slot that Discmania didn't have and can offer great distance with ease to stronger players, as well as extending distance for the sub-400 crowd as well.

I was able to scoop up a new max weight S-Line from Supreme Flight with a nice "SF" stamp. Excited to see how the max weight compares to my 166g.

I know the hype has been over the top, but this is one disc that I finally feel lives up to it. It truly fills a slot that Discmania didn't have and can offer great distance with ease to stronger players, as well as extending distance for the sub-400 crowd as well.
I also went 175 this time. I throw a 167g fund raiser. I will be honest, I do not see a significant difference. Obviously, it will fight for the finish a bit more in the wind, but it still flies like butter. :)

I saw the promo drive and quite honestly, that is how the DDx flew for me. I don't have any trashed destroyers, this flies like a well seasoned destroyer and has really saved my bag. I played the Lake Eureka preview on the temp course in heavy winds, and my bag/destroyers took a hit. New ones are easy to replace, but sesoned, not so much. This disc is stepping into the seasoned destroyer role immediately. I will probably not bag it after I sufficiently beat some destroyers up. Probably. I do wish it felt a little deeper.

Got to throw my S-Line DDx yesterday, and for now it's quite similar to my MF DDx. Flies with a bit of turn and a nice reliable fade. Definitely can see the S-Line beating into a reliable turnover disc that doesn't really get super flippy, and the MF beating into being a workhorse driver.

These are amazing, I bought one yesterday and tested it out a lot during my round. Great for long distance forehands, put it on a hyzer and it will flip up and fly nice and straight with a soft finish. Great for backhands as well, throw it hard and flat and that sucker is gone. Going to try it out in an open field in a couple of days to see its distance potential, but so far so good.

Latest posts