• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft Nuke

Scoot-er, I think you have a mutant NUKE.

I have a few nukes and my buddy has one also, and they just seem the opposite of what your explaining. Try picking up another one. I hope youll like it better.

Also, don't forget that scooter is throwing his nukes well over 500', so it might just be that he has a mutant arm more than a mutant version of the nuke.

curt said:
Also, don't forget that scooter is throwing his nukes well over 500', so it might just be that he has a mutant arm more than a mutant version of the nuke.

I actually for once can't dispute this remark..............cuz for the 1st time ever I think I can hit 500ft 70% of the time in a field because of this disc.

Still want a Nuke with the same speed but the stability of a good Force. I would love to see how far they could hyzer but the current ones pop up from a Hyzer.

cjskier said:
Pat said:
The plastic is incredible, some of the best ESP I have ever felt.

Seems very durable too. I hit a chain link fence at near full speed 300' out and she is still perfect. Threw it about 10 times and still not a nick in the rim. Thought it might have been a problem with that thin edge. Looking forward to regular production! 1.4 rated Z plastic please!

No Z for a while........and Puhleeese not 1.4 stability Warp Speed Discs.

The Z is too heavy and until they figure it out the ESP blend will prob be the only plastic.

scoot_er said:
Still want a Nuke with the same speed but the stability of a good Force. I would love to see how far they could hyzer but the current ones pop up from a Hyzer.

Wait...so...you want a Force?

SkaBob said:
scoot_er said:

Wait...so...you want a Force?

I want a Force that goes as far as the Nuke.

They asked on the Discraft site for a vote on if people wanted the Nuke to be Overstable like Forces or more like a Surge/Flash. Pretty sure the current mold is the 2nd but I'm pretty sure they have an alternate disc at the factory that might just become another disc.

Myself, I'll probably like the Nuke. I've been tuning my Forces to get a flippier flight out of them out of the box (haven't been playing enough this year to legitimately beat one in). These would save me the effort. If they could ALSO make something that long as overstable as the Force, I'd probably pull my Forces out and replace 'em with the Nuke and whatever the other one would become...

oh noes! that's not minimalism! :lol:

Still haven't thrown a nuke yet, though...Hopefully it's as glidey as you say for those of us with mere mortal arms (I'm only breaking 410 or so regularly... heh), because I've been loving my tuned Forces...extra distance on what I get from those (430+ on wide open crushes) would be more than welcome during safari season!

scoot_er said:
Pretty sure the current mold is the 2nd but I'm pretty sure they have an alternate disc at the factory that might just become another disc.

oh sweet jesus

gator said:
scoot_er said:
Pretty sure the current mold is the 2nd but I'm pretty sure they have an alternate disc at the factory that might just become another disc.

oh sweet jesus

Just sayin' they had been testing for this disc a long time.

In the open field I have thrown some of my longest throws with the Nuke. I do not believe it to be the greates Golf disc but it definitely has a spot in my bag. I prefer to throw them on long turnover shots or when I have either a tail wind or left to right crosswind (LHBH) ad plenty of room to work. The Nuke does not like a headwind at all. I still prefer my Destroyer for accurate distance shots but these Nukes are without a doubt longer in the right circumstances.

Also about the plastic its as durable as you would expect a X/ESP blend of plastic to be. I did get a chunk out of it after hitting a rock, however I have hit pavement and a chain link fence with no real notable damage. So I find it to be fairly durable but it will break in faster than Z and/or regular ESP

I will tag along with scoot_er and hope for a more stable version (one that can actually take a decent headwind)

I will have to agree with scooter here. I'm dont have a huge arm but i can huck a disc pretty far (440-470). The Nuke is flying alot like the surge for me, its damn long but its still a little flippy (but in a predictable way). I'd love to see them keep this mold the way it is cause i know this wil definitly be my longest calm/tail wind driver. Now they just need one thats a little more high speed stable (1.8-1.9) and i would never need to change my bag again (think of a long, long pulse).

Got out to play with my nukes and I really enjoyed these. A comparison to a surge seems close except I found these to have more lss then my surges. I played a new course right on the edge of Lake Ontario and the disc didn't seem to effected by the 5-7 mph winds. Being able to keep my Forces on an anhyzer line then entire flight I thought these would be to understable for any real use but I was plesently suprised. Duced a par five with the nuke and a ten foot put, that felt sweet.

Just wanted to say that this is the longest disc I have ever thrown. The Nuke Bombs...pun intended.

According to the measuring wheel I took from my work I threw my 172 ESP Nuke 517 ft. and that was in very calm conditions Id say if anything a 3mph left to right wind it was a very slight breeze but mostly calm.

I got four 500ft+ tosses today. Definitely a great way to end the year. Now if I can only figure out how to do that all the time 8)

Man, I'm really looking forward to finally getting this thing in my hands. Sucks knowing it's sitting in my House, but I can't go get it. I'm all the way in Ne. I'm hoping I'll like this. If so it will be a very nice addition to my bag. Then my one and only Discraft Preds won't be so lonely. :)

Latest posts