• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft Nuke

Jeronimo said:
I'm really surprised by the market reaction to these things. This is the first discraft disc I've seen that regularly jumps above $50 on eBay. Some genuine hype on this baby.

I decided to put mine on ebay... i can't imagine they'll be worth $50 in a couple months (same with the Katana actually)

I got a chance to finally try throwing my Nuke on a couple holes at the local course this morning. Man that disc made my eyes light up. I don't really throw with much power, so I wasn't expecting to get much out of it. But I was surprised. I got a great shallow S out of it, and probably had my longest tee shot yet wth it.

Though I can see why some of you guys think it is not stable enough. If I threw with the power that many of you throw, I think my Nuke would be flip city. But for me, I think it might be the most useful warp speed disc I have. It might earn a spot in my bag after a little more testing. But even if it doesn't earn the spot, it's fun to throw.

ForeverBlue232 said:
I got a chance to finally try throwing my Nuke on a couple holes at the local course this morning. Man that disc made my eyes light up. I don't really throw with much power, so I wasn't expecting to get much out of it. But I was surprised. I got a great shallow S out of it, and probably had my longest tee shot yet wth it.

Though I can see why some of you guys think it is not stable enough. If I threw with the power that many of you throw, I think my Nuke would be flip city. But for me, I think it might be the most useful warp speed disc I have. It might earn a spot in my bag after a little more testing. But even if it doesn't earn the spot, it's fun to throw.

Yeah, that's how I'm feeling about it a lot today. But, with the price jumps in the first runs, and they're going like gold on this site trade wise. I'm slightly tempted to let it sit out and let my Wraith's take their spot back in my bag till the production runs of this thing are set out and see how they are compared to the first runs. I have a terrible feeling I won't like the second runs and I'm sure if they aren't the same, this will drive the price on these up farther. Thus, enraging me further for wanting them in my bag. Quite a dilemma I'm facing, as I'm broke and don't want to pay 45, let alone 60-80 for a disc. I knew I should have ordered two at $20 apiece when they first came out. :cry: Ugh, what to do, what to do!

i love my nuke. that thing is not crazy overstable but mine is definitely stable like my destroyers if not a tad more. i can still get some good huks off of it. surprisingly mine actually does well in the wind being that its a tad overstable. i want another but dont want to shell out the cash for 1 atm. hopefully the production runs will be just the same.

There was a stack of 10 nukes at our local storewhen I bought mine. Wish I had bought all of them now! Any one want my used 171 yellow for 50? I'll let it go for that, lol.

Yeah, I could still order these from the place I got mine for 45. That's why I haven't ordered anymore, I don't want to pay that much for one, lol.

check here:

http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16087

Selling them for my local club, the Motor City Chain Gang (the used one is mine). PM me offers please!

cjskier said:
There was a stack of 10 nukes at our local storewhen I bought mine. Wish I had bought all of them now! Any one want my used 171 yellow for 50? I'll let it go for that, lol.

Yeah, if I had known how much these would easily sell for I would have bought as many as they would have allowed me to, and just considered it an investment. Buy for $20 and sell for $50....I'd say that is a good business plan!

That just makes me never want to buy from utopia disc golf ever again and I actually had bought some stuff there before.
But I make my stand. Never again will I buy from there.
That is just damn ridiculous to charge that much for a disc. Its more of an insult than anything else.

YoungGunLefty said:
That just makes me never want to buy from utopia disc golf ever again and I actually had bought some stuff there before.
But I make my stand. Never again will I buy from there.
That is just damn ridiculous to charge that much for a disc. Its more of an insult than anything else.

This all the way. It sucks too because they have some awesome looking hats that have a Grateful Deadesque logo that I'd love to have but I don't want to buy anything from them now just out of principle.

That price is outrageous, but people have bought them for that price. Don't hate on the guy for wanting to make a buck (it's no different than marking them up to 45 or 50 or whatever, why not see what someone will pay for it, simple supply and demand). Utopia also does a lot for disc golf in CT and across the northeast. They sponsor events, local players, team challenge teams. Those hats are some of the most comfortable hats out there too.

I'll probably have to still get a hat-I was just feeling frisky today :twisted: BTW I didn't see a size selection for the hats on their website either. I'm assuming this will pop up during order completion? Could someone who's ordered from them before please enlighten me :p

Mixed Bag Madness said:
I'll probably have to still get a hat-I was just feeling frisky today :twisted: BTW I didn't see a size selection for the hats on their website either. I'm assuming this will pop up during order completion? Could someone who's ordered from them before please enlighten me :p
The ones I have are one size fits all flex fit. You'll be fine as long as you don't have a HUGE dome.

TeamTollandDG said:
The ones I have are one size fits all flex fit. You'll be fine as long as you don't have a HUGE dome.

I guess Kevin Mench will need to shop somewhere else.

I held and fondled one for about 30 minutes. It felt nice and it was comfy in the hand. Now I just need to get another to toss.

Latest posts