• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discraft Nuke

more stable than the stable champs? ive thrown some that fly almost boss

Finally got back home yesterday. After I got everything kind of settled down, I had to pick up my nukes and fondle it abit. First impression. :shock: Felt amazing. Love the plastic.

Went and played a very cold 27 degree round and threw it 3-4 times total. Suffering from low power and terrible form from not touching a disc for a few weeks, I was very pleasantly surprised when this hit 400' on a very slight uphill shot. Pulled it off the fairway, but still 400. I think with some practice and a bit more warmth. I'll be throwing it farther than my Wraith's.

It flipped flat, and turned over slightly on every single throw I made with it, which really surprised me for this kind of disc. I couldn't even make a Star Katana flip every throw. Pretty sure it's going to be that long Bomb disc spot in my bag.
Oh, and it's an orangish 174 with a black stamp. Looks very nice.

ok so I was really looking forward to this disc after tossing the stable proto one. Maybe its just because its winter here in Michigan but my first impression was that it does fly far but if you have any arm speed it just turns into a long leopard. Its not predictable at all right now. I took it out of the bag after 3 rounds and it won't make its way back until maybe spring. I am a little disapointed with this version. In my opinion this nuke is garbage. If you want a predictable long stable driver, go buy a destroyer. So that's my 2 cents.

chainbanger said:
ok so I was really looking forward to this disc after tossing the stable proto one. Maybe its just because its winter here in Michigan but my first impression was that it does fly far but if you have any arm speed it just turns into a long leopard. Its not predictable at all right now. I took it out of the bag after 3 rounds and it won't make its way back until maybe spring. I am a little disapointed with this version. In my opinion this nuke is garbage. If you want a predictable long stable driver, go buy a destroyer. So that's my 2 cents.
looking for anything for it?

Well like I said ill probably keep it and toss it again in the spring. It could be that with the thin air and the cold the nuke just isnt flying like its supposed to. The proto nuke I threw was more stable and held a straight line alot better then the one they released. I do however like the plastic and the glide factor but like I said it needs to be more stable like maybe a 2.0

I'm not the biggest arm, but I've found that it flips just enough for me. Could really see some other long throwers flipping it too much. I like it, it seems to find the lines every time I throw it. I'll really be interested to see what it does in the spring, and when it gets just a bit more wear on it. I haven't seen more distance with it than my Wraith's. So, that's really my only complaint. But, it's really just cold as hell, and my form and power suffer terribly. So, I'll be looking forward to seeing this later on a nice warm day.

I'm really surprised by the market reaction to these things. This is the first discraft disc I've seen that regularly jumps above $50 on eBay. Some genuine hype on this baby.

I threw a pretty domey Nuke the other day...it was...pretty stable, actually. I wasn't throwing it up to speed, but I wasn't that far off either. It had significantly more HSS and LSS than the Z Forces I had with me. I'm guessing it was somewhat mutated, but either way...it was nowhere near as flippy as I was expecting!

Had some time and enough cabin fever to venture out today and throw the Nukes some more. Needless to say, it was windy (20-25mph) and still cold for here (25 on the therm.) But, with a local tourney tomorrow, I wanted to have some idea if I wanted to even carry them tomorrow. I have a 174 and a 171. The lighter one turned and burned into the wind, even with significant hyzer applied. The heavier one compared favorably to a heavy ESP Force (Red) into the headwind, as long as I didn't try to crush it. I never flipped it crazy over, but I wasn't going for distance either. Reminiscent of a light champ/heavy star Boss. With the strong winds at my back, the lighter of the two went for miles, and I generally overthrew pretty much everything. Really likes to get up on that rail and go. I had trouble getting the heavy one to plane out. Not as easy to get the disc nose down with heavy winds, but it was fairly predictable. Anyways, I am sitting here trying to decide which, if any, Forces to swap out in favor of the Nukes. I am currently carrying 4 Forces, and will probably take out the most overstable and the longest. Will report back with results.
KP

dgdave said:
disc junkie said:
booter said:
disc junkie said:
Nuke = My favorite big D driver
for now 8)

why you hatin yo :twisted:

The nuke is redonkulous its not quiet as trusty as my destroyers however its definitely longer than they are

How do they compare to X Forces?

similar feel however the plastic is slightly more durable and doesnt make that strange but cool popping sound when it snaps out of ur hand like the X Force. Compared to my Nukes which are all low 170's the X Force was slightly more HSS not by a lot and the LSS on the force was definitely more. The Nuke has more glide and without a doubt is longer. I have no faith in the Nuke into a headwind but I absolutely love it in calm conditions, with a L/R crosswind (LHBH) and with a tail wind. I would say the Nuke and X Force are similar perhaps a good classification would be a X Force SS

The nuke reminds me of the flat first run champ bosses (the less stable ones) but for me it fits better in my hand. The grip on the Nuke is the most comfortable mega speed drive for me.

I cant say enough about the disc. Also will absolutely BOMB on a huge anny shot

Well, the Nuke has been in the bag now for "counts" right around 2 weeks. 8) Absolutely LOVE this disc. If it's anywhere close to 400' or more, my first shot is the Nuke. It's the most predictable highspeed driver I've thrown thus far. I'd like to get my hands on a Pro Katana, since I've only thrown a Star 175 a hand full of times.

But, this thing, BOMBS! Pun intended. I've thrown this in some cold ass days, and it's been 40-50's the past few days. Which helped a lot. But, even in the cold, I could get consistant results, with a few haywire throws here and there, but were my fault. With the warmth, it's helped a lot. I've thrown it in the woods, in the open, and everywhere I need stable distance.
If I could get better form, I could really see this thing carry past 400' easily for me. My farthest so far is around 410 with it which is where my Wraiths are. Yes, my Wraiths feel slightly better in my hand, they aren't always as predictable as this thing is. I'm almost so in love with this disc I'm going to shell out another 50 or so for another first run, cause I'm sure I'll still be throwing this.

OR!!!!! Someone could trade me theirs... :wink: Just a thought.
Oh, btw mine is a peachish orange 174, that has a very nice soft feel to it with what I'd consider a decent dome. For anyone that's interested and wanted to compare.

Latest posts