• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discs near the end of their life?

I have a beat to hell Star Teerex that's basically worthless. It's a crappy mold to begin with b/c of all the mold changes Innova did to it so I'd hate to give it to some n00b and then have them like it and go off and try and replace it with another Teerex.

They are 169 I think. I dont think the weight is legible anymore.

Oh, I think they fly fine. They're just old and I dont use them now.

Im torn. Im kind of attached to them. I think I will just have to store them away.

Trade the Stingrays to me, I have a pretty good inventory. Let me know what you might be interested in. A disc you can throw is better than one in the garage.

Throw them on hyzer lines to practice throwing clean. Use them for rollers. I like the idea of throwing them high with a tailwind, too. That's just fun.

Like I said, I can throw them as good as any disc, just for some reason, I have them tucked away like I dont want to lose them; thats all. Thats where I think about using them for water holes because I do know how to throw them well, and really; what good does it do holding onto a disc that probably is going to be readily available for a long time?

Only exception is my Puma. I cant get a new one and theres also some great memories. Before about 2 years ago, I wouldnt go out disc golfing much so I never got very good at all. Well; the rest of the group of guys I went with got out a lot more often, and any new comer would aim to try to embarass me by trying to pass me up in a short amount of time. When it came down to it, I would just grab that Puma and an Aviar and play very conservative and usually just plain out made them look silly. In fact, I think I throw a lot better now, but still average about the same as I did with just those 2 discs. ( I used to be a natural putter and would sink some long ones. That changed in the 2-3 year break of not playing at all between not playing much and where I am now of playing almost every week.)

Ship any old/unwanted discs to me.

I will rip them from Bonus Hole B (below) and will record it for DG Reviewers to see.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?id=3694&p=b4f4429c

The building you see at the bottom of the hill is a huge church. Not sure how high up the hole is, but it's very scenic. I've sacrificed a few of my old discs and ripped them just to watch them fly for what seems like forever.

Nail them to trees at your local course, high enough that someone couldn't rip them down.
You would be surprised at the reaction of other DG'ers;)

Latest posts