• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discs that have been returned that you never expected to see again

*Lo and behold

EDIT: Not trying to be a grammar nazi, this is just one of those things you often here people say but may have never seen it actually written down. Similar to 'for all intents and purposes'.

*hear

EDIT: I am trying to be a grammar nazi, and a jerk as well.

lost a champ wraith in may or something at my home course. See a buddy looking hard for his disc in september around the same zone... ask if he needs help and turns out he has found 2 other discs and one of them just happened to be mine! We found his disc shortly after. Its back at home in my bag with only some sun damage.

My friend found a disc and still uses it today because someone just wrote like "Dave" or some other common first name on it. We've always been confused by that.

I threw an ESP Nebula over a swamp hole (with trees) in a touranment ... didn't think I was capable of that level of stupidity - turns out, I am. It's never a good thing when your release is immediately followed by ****! The swamp was particularly nasty - didn't think I'd ever see that disc again. :wall: :doh: :mad: :(

Someone fished it out and sold it to a guy in my league who bought it for someone he knows who likes ESP Nebulae. He thought the name on the disc was familiar and approached me about it. I was so happy to get it back, I got him a variety six pack of Leinenkugel's... he was happy, I was happy. :D

Last edited:
Returned disc stories...
Threw one old Z Predator into the same ditch/creek three times over one year and had it returned all three times. Took the hint, stopped throwing that disc.

Same ditch/creek claimed my prized tye-dyed X-Stratus. Looked for it for 30 minutes, waste-deep in ditch/creek water and could not find it. Had a buddy find it two years later, in that same creek, much worse for the wear (somebody obviously found it and used for two years and lost it in the same creek). Decided to retire that one as well.

Just got a call last night for a disc that I don't remember losing... I remember it, just not how it got lost.

Lost a disc on #7 Bennett's Creek in Suffolk, Va. It was in the Fall, so probably slid under some leaves. Good man found it two months later on Hole 10. He had to mail it to NC. Not much extra wear, thankfully.

Lots of similar stories...

Last edited:
Ive gotten 2 back this past month one was a old favorite that i lost in a lake and went looking for twice but never found, this was maybe 3 years ago. The disc is still in good condition too. Im assuming someone found it and threw it for awhile and lost it eventually either way its nice to have it back.

I find give back far more than I've gotten back, but, I did once purposely threw a dx kite far into the brush in hopes no one would have to suffer than much frustration(90 degree hyzer flips that burned). Got a call back and told them it was there's, and to beware. Not even usable for rollers. In retrospect it would've made a good dog bowl.

2 months ago I had a guy text me saying that he found my disc at Oak Park. I replied that he may have the wrong number because we dont have a Oak Park anywhere near here. He said no I have the right number and he sent my name and number on it. I replied saying that this was me and what disc was it. He told me it was a off white KC 12x star wraith...at this time I knew it was real because ALONGGGG time ago I found this disc with no name in the bushes. I inked it and lost it a few days later. I didnt care since I found it and had no attachment to it. I basically told him that he has a free disc since Im in NC, but I was curious where he was from since I didnt recognize the area code. He told me that he was from Wichita KS. Funny how I lost it 2+ years ago and he texted me saying he had it if I wanted it back. Funny how that disc made it 1200ish miles from here.

If that guy happens to be on here and see this...Thanks for the good laugh, hope youre enjoying the disc!

Penguins vs Canucks - Stanley Cup 2014

Found a disc this summer that had John Weston with number on it . Easy find , couldn't really figure out how it was lost but I googled name and number and it was from Pittsburg ! I'm on the left coast of Canada ! I texted him and he said keep it . I told him if Canucks play Penguins for Stanley Cup , I'll try to make it out for a game and I'll return it !

Had a call about a disc I lost 2 years ago , and told him to keep it . It was being used at the local beach , much softer life than the rocks and trees on our course!

But if someone finds my pink Page Pierce Stalker on #8 at Hornings Hideout , it only has 'Ezo' written on it .....:doh:

I read this thread last night, and was about to post that I have gone diving for discs and returned many to fellow disc golfers in my area. But I had not gotten any returned yet.
Well I decided not to post, and to my surprise, I got a phone call from a guy about 100 miles away where a tournament is going to be played this weekend, saying he found my disc. I am still in shock! I remember throwing it, and cannot believe someone found it.
Awesome, will be excited to be reunited this weekend!!!

I found one today, is there someplace to advertise it? It only has initials, no phone number. Found in New Braunfels, TX. Innova Valkyrie.

I found one today, is there someplace to advertise it? It only has initials, no phone number. Found in New Braunfels, TX. Innova Valkyrie.

Sounds like a keeper to me. If you want your discs back you need to atleast put your phone number.

I've always tried my best to find the owner, but in some cases, just had to post up found discs on here in the stickied "lost disc megathread" and at the local club forum's lost & found. Described the discs, and asked folks to tell me the initials (or in my most recent case, there was just a phrase written on the bottom), but you probably won't find anyone who will respond. I'd say, by the end of the month, do what you want with it, with a clear conscience. :\

I lost my very first ESP Buzzz early last summer, practicing for Worlds. I was throwing the whole bag on a few holes to warm up and perfect my already flawless form, and I forgot to pick up my favorite Buzzz. Had to try to break in another for Worlds, but it was no use, and I therefor didn't win the tournament.

Then this spring, DGCR's own ian found my Buzzz! In Seneca....nearly a year removed and about an hour away from where I lost it originally.

Still had my name and number clearly legible.

After that, I decided to put my name on the top...

9244271098_f709ba40ff_z.jpg

Also lost my very first dye, twice.

First time, it went over a fence throwing at a friend's house in the country. One of the neighbor's vicious dogs came and took it away, and I just assumed that was that. Two weeks later, the neighbor returned it, and barely scarred!

Then bergdawg used it to carry the water at Stoney Hill. Alas, it did not carry, and crashed into the murky abyss.

Then a few months later, the Cunninghams were out there and found it, and returned it!

But I don't throw it. :p

5451078636_c04fc4ab46_z.jpg

2 recent returns.

1st was in a tournament. I early released a firebird into some deep nasty woods along the side of some nasty water. I wasn't going to even attempt to go get it....
About 7 Holes later I see this guy running my way holding the disc, I have no idea how he got to it.

I just got another one back that I had lost on a water hole back in Feb. or March. The course I lost it on was attached to a bay and has tides. Somehow it washed out about 200 yards from where I lost it. Sadly the barnacles got to it and I'm not sure it will make the bag again.

Latest posts