• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you ever decline an offer to play through?

I have declined to play through a few times in order to join and play with a slower moving group.

I usually offer to play through first. I have an impeccable ability to be mindful of courtesy.

If there is nowhere for the group behind me to go because of other slow play . . . I will usually just say no.

If I am the one slowing them down I will let them go.

Whenever a group offers to let me play through (if I'm alone) I ask if they would mind if I just join them instead. Also... if I am by myself or in a group of just 2 or 3 and a single quicker player is catching up I/we wait on the next pad and offer to let them play through, or invite them to join our group. My thinking is that the more sets of eyes you have to work with... the quicker you can find a lost disc. Plus I don't know what it is about this game, but it has turned me from an introverted people hater to this total social butterfly who enjoys meeting new people and sharing a nice round.

definitely this.

Yeah I'm with the guys who decided to wait for the third page to speak up... I do play through occasionally, but if the group offering is cool I'll usually see if I can join.

The opposite happened to me two weeks back though... When I stepped up to hole 1 right behind two guys who wanted to throw at least six discs on that hole. Whatever. No worries. Then they say hi to me and proceed to throw three more and go on. I wound up joining the group that walked up behind me so I wouldn't be stuck on every teepad for 20 minutes... And then they let my new group play through on 3.

i usually decline because A. I dont want to feel pressured to play fast because there is now a group directly behind me and B. If I decide I want to throw more than one disc off the tee or make multiple approaches or putts i dont want to have to worry about people behind me...

I have declined many times. The most common reason is when I am on a hilly course and 3 or 4 groups have just let me play through already. I gets tiring hustling through holes!

We had this conversation this morning during our round. My buddy always takes the offer. I hate doing it because for some odd reason I then feel rushed and when rushed I make stupid mistakes. I would rather them play and then I can take a little more time to make the right choice rather than rush and make stupid mental errors. Just my feelings.

"If people are gonna watch me drive then I wont play through!" Said by a girlfriend of mine. Seems like extra pressure for some people to tee off in front of a large group of strangers. Me? I love it! "Watch this" I say to myself!

I usually don't, but I always like to see if they'll let me play with them, odds are I can learn something from them.

I have declined many times. The most common reason is when I am on a hilly course and 3 or 4 groups have just let me play through already. I gets tiring hustling through holes!

I never have, but if I ever do, this will be the reason!

i like to decline and let the other group get halfway down the hole
before running up and yelling "headache" as i throw directly into them...

I usually offer to play through first. I have an impeccable ability to be mindful of courtesy.
You think you are courteous? Jukeshoe wears a shirt that says "ASK ME ABOUT PLAYING THROUGH" on the back. Jukeshoe can be on hole #17, see a car pull in the parking lot and offer to let them play through. He actually calls people at home and asks them if they are going to play that day, and if they say "yes" he offers to let them play through.

Jukeshoe<---Hell yes you can play through. :|

A few times. If I'm in no hurry or going slow enough I'll decline since I'm usually the only one on the course playing serious. Sometimes I'll decline an offer if I'm playing the course for the first time I'll decline just so I can have the group ahead show me the way.

Latest posts