• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you own a practice basket?

Do you own a practice basket?

• Yes

Votes: 230 88.5%
  • No

Votes: 30 11.5%

• Total voters
Yes, in my garage, practice putting there, sometimes - for fun mostly...one day...one of these days...going to really practice seriously again.

I have a DGA M14 that I ordered from Amazon for $99. One of the best things I have ever bought. I use it all the time.

Three home made ones and a Mach 3 portable.
Have they made me any better? Prolly not. :(

Yes. I have three. An innova discatcher sport, innova skill shot and a westside black basket.

Yes, but there is always room for another. Why do you ask? Do you have one that I can borrow (have)?

Nice try, but negative on the borrow option. :thmbdown:

I ask for two reasons, one idle curiosity, one personal agenda:

1 - To get an idea of how many hardcore DGer's (meaning this forum) personally invest in equipment other than discs.

2 - To gather data to convince my non-DG'ing wife to agree to buying a couple of more baskets for me. :thmbup:

We live on an acre in the PacNW, half (front yard) indigenous trees (3" to 9' diameter) and shrubs, and half (backyard) clear grass. Plenty of room for 120' upshots. Plus a covered 300 sq ft patio for wet weather. Using just a little neighbor property, I could easily put in three 150-300' holes, plus a putting zone. :clap:

1 M-14, which I've had for a few years.
1 MVP Black Hole Mini.

Eventually, I'll prolly get a Portal.

Many of my serious buddies have one.
I'm trying to putt everyday since I shot this terrible round after not using it for so long. See how long it keeps up. 30 solid minutes can do a lot. Focus focus focus.

I own a Mach Lite that's pretty beat up. I plan on buying a premium basket AFTER I move, which unfortunately means holding off on the purchase until next April/May. The wait is killing me.

One old M14 which served faithfully for years (dirt cheap to a good home in Portland) and one Gateway Titan, which I love.

1 - To get an idea of how many hardcore DGer's (meaning this forum) personally invest in equipment other than discs.

2 - To gather data to convince my non-DG'ing wife to agree to buying a couple of more baskets for me. :thmbup:

We live on an acre in the PacNW, half (front yard) indigenous trees (3" to 9' diameter) and shrubs, and half (backyard) clear grass. Plenty of room for 120' upshots. Plus a covered 300 sq ft patio for wet weather. Using just a little neighbor property, I could easily put in three 150-300' holes, plus a putting zone. :clap:

Aha, well I'd suggest you just have one option in your poll then...Yes... :) But given how hardcore everyone is here, you ought to get some good results for your upcoming negotiations with your wife ;)

Yes. 1 Mach III in ground, 1 Mach II portable base. Looking at getting another 2-3 Mach II's for backyard course

Where did you get the mach II's from? Thinking of doing something similar and saw them cheap at Clearwater disc golf.

I'm quite surprised how many people have a basket. I always figure it's better for me just to spend some extra time at the course... I suppose I have two reasons for NOT having a basket: 1) I always assumed permanent baskets are just better, and this is backed up by how flimsy some practice baskets seem in comparison, and 2) I don't own a home and will be moving soon, so it was already enough of a pain moving my disc stash.

2 would be great. You can putt back and forth.

3 would be even better. You can set them up in a triangle with various lengths.

6 would mean you can have that setup in the front and back, for open and wooded putts.

And if you talk her into more than 6, please tell us all how you did it.

The thing is, I live in a neighborhood with maybe a 60 square foot yard set on a slight hill. I have two houses, and I have one basket at each house for practicing duties. Once I can buy myself a private property I will put in my personal course, the next Stoney Hill/Sugaree :)

Latest posts