• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Eagle Enthusiasm

Anyone throwing the G-Star Eagle X and/or L?

I really don't know what to make of them.

I have a couple Eagle Ls in G*—one is a backup but flies very much like the one in my bag. I keep it next to three Tee Birds, and it feels much the same but has a distinct late fade that is more extreme. I like it for backhand and forehand. It seems like a good call on shorter woods courses where I need to get past a big tree and fade to the basket on the other side. I was worried that it would be less useful in the heat, but this run feels pretty consistent. I'm not dealing with 110°F heat.

Took two new F2 Star Eagles out for field work. Both about 172 grams. Very workable. Consistent, smooth fade.

I max out at about 350 with Wraiths or OLs. For my arm speed, these Eagles are about perfect.

Are all the Barsby Eagles really os?

I'd love to see Eagle3's in production. I had a board flat champion Eagle years ago that I really liked. From some video I've seen it seems like a prefers mellower Eagles. Crazy that they can't match his liking to his tour series.

Are all the Barsby Eagles really os?

I'd love to see Eagle3's in production. I had a board flat champion Eagle years ago that I really liked. From some video I've seen it seems like a prefers mellower Eagles. Crazy that they can't match his liking to his tour series.

I'd say the Barsby CG are moderately OS, decent shoulder but relatively flat. I haven't thrown the previous swirly star but heard they were very OS.

I really like the flight and feel of the CG.

Bag a few different eagles, and I'd say the star barsby eagles are more OS than the color glow champs. I'd put them ('22 color glows) on par with older opaque champion 12x eagles. They aren't board flat and feel pretty soft, I pair mine with some super OS Dx stamped champ eagles.

Last edited:
Bag a few different eagles, and I'd say the star barsby eagles are more OS than the color glow champs. I'd put them ('22 color glows) on par with older opaque champion 12x eagles. They aren't board flat and feel pretty soft, I pair mine with some super OS Dx stamped champ eagles.

Agree with this. Star barsby is pretty OS, CG barsy less so but reliably OS. I have an 11x beat in champ eagle which flies for me like Heimburg's does for him...mine is much more beat in lol.

I'd say the Barsby CG are moderately OS, decent shoulder but relatively flat. I haven't thrown the previous swirly star but heard they were very OS.

I really like the flight and feel of the CG.

My swirly stars seem pretty true to the numbers. Not sure how these CG eagles are still in stock.. they feel great.

Anyone throwing the new F2 star eagles? The ones that are super glossy underneath.

I'm not an Eagle guy, but I have been wanting to try out the star Eagle. Unfortunately they havent been in stock for like 3 years in my stores in Norway. So I broke one of my principles of only buying and bagging stock discs and bought the Gregg Barsby Sula Open swirly star. Can't say I was impressed. The guys in the store said it was pretty straight for an Eagle. I also picked up a stock run Champion for comparison. The champion has some serious heft to it, it fades hard and early. The Barsby is a lot straighter, but it doesn't turn wildly or anything like that. It kind of flies the same flight pattern as a Teebird, except it doesn't have that magical Teebird glide. A low glide Teebird? I'll pass

I'm not an Eagle guy, but I have been wanting to try out the star Eagle. Unfortunately they havent been in stock for like 3 years in my stores in Norway. So I broke one of my principles of only buying and bagging stock discs and bought the Gregg Barsby Sula Open swirly star. Can't say I was impressed. The guys in the store said it was pretty straight for an Eagle. I also picked up a stock run Champion for comparison. The champion has some serious heft to it, it fades hard and early. The Barsby is a lot straighter, but it doesn't turn wildly or anything like that. It kind of flies the same flight pattern as a Teebird, except it doesn't have that magical Teebird glide. A low glide Teebird? I'll pass

How far are you throwing it? The star barsbys (21 tour) seem to have plenty of glide for me.

How far are you throwing it? The star barsbys (21 tour) seem to have plenty of glide for me.

Not very far. I would guess about 270 while I get a Teebird out to just short of 300. Perhaps it will gain some glide as I knock the new out of it

Not very far. I would guess about 270 while I get a Teebird out to just short of 300. Perhaps it will gain some glide as I knock the new out of it

The best is when they develop that classic Eagle turn. The hyzer flip is great, but hitting one on some anny and it watching hold, then gracefully pan to flat is *so* choice.

Get that arm speed up.. you should see the flight you want 350+

Can Eagles and Teebirds coexist in the same bag?

sure...just bump up to tb3 =)...i would only bag the eagle and classic tb to use eagle for fh and tb for bh though. I currently bag a very beefy CG 22 tour series eagle and pretty beat in halo tb3. Iven been reaching for the TB3 less and less frequently lately though since falling in love with the hawkeye/dark rebel.

speaking of 3ness...wheres the eagle3!

Latest posts