• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Emergency Disc Kit in Car

i went to a tournament ...got half way there and forgot my bag ... had no disc in the car ...
i got a z force for the players pack ...( i hate discraft drivers ) but to my suprise i was in 2nd place after the first round playing the longs at Hudson MIlls Monster .. then after playing the shorts On the ORiginal ... i droped to tieing for 7th :( .... not bad tho .. BUt now i aways carry just a few essentials..lol

I have a little back up kit in my jeep at all times. A valk, a leopard, a buzzz and a voodoo. I am set! You never know when and where you might be and there is acourse waiting to be played.

Do any of you guys have problems with heat warping discs when left in the car? That's the only reason I don't keep mine in my car. But if it's not really an issue...

I keep an extra z buzzz in all my cars. I also like to keep a couple wizards too in case I drive by a course and need to practice my putts. I found a nice tool belt to keep three to four discs in. Easy to take with you anywhere.

p1030001b.jpg

Do any of you guys have problems with heat warping discs when left in the car? That's the only reason I don't keep mine in my car. But if it's not really an issue...

That's one reason I'm reluctant to stash more. I'm pretty sure it was right here on DGCR that a member posted that a "perfectly seasoned" disc had warped in his trunk. A disc bag would probably fend off the brunt of the heat for the majority of discs if in sweltering heat.

i went to a tournament ...got half way there and forgot my bag ... had no disc in the car ...
i got a z force for the players pack ...( i hate discraft drivers ) but to my suprise i was in 2nd place after the first round playing the longs at Hudson MIlls Monster .. then after playing the shorts On the ORiginal ... i droped to tieing for 7th :( .... not bad tho .. BUt now i aways carry just a few essentials..lol

you should have signed the TD's face

I usually carry my bag with, but my wife's bag is always in the car. It came in handy the other day as I had extra time to play a 9-hole course and didn't have my bag. She carries a leopard, Champ coyote, and Wizard m. :)

I have an old custom hippie van that I drive to DG tourneys, a pick up trunk and a Chevy sedan. I keep my main bag in the pick up trunk (my main driver)all of the time. My son gave me a small bag (called a NutSac, I think) that I keep 4-5 discs in the back of my van. In my sedan, I have about 10-12 discs in a WalMart bag in the trunk.

I guess I'm prepared if an emergency DG game ever breaks out.

Woodpecker

In Oregon I had kept a bag in car all the time, lost a putter to extreme hot day. Up north in Alaska I walk to the course or hit my backyard.
Jeep has a Arobie, backpack carries a leopard, my bag is Hornet, Roc, Spider

gotta have at least a wizard in the car at all times. teebird, buzzz, wizard is a great emergency pack though.

I usually keep an old Cyclone in the car for disc golfing emergencies. I could play a whole round with it if I had to.

In Oregon I had kept a bag in car all the time, lost a putter to extreme hot day. Up north in Alaska I walk to the course or hit my backyard.
Jeep has a Arobie, backpack carries a leopard, my bag is Hornet, Roc, Spider

Is it just me, or is this hard to read?

There is currently a box of discs i generally don't throw in my trunk right now (should probably take that out now that its getting hot and there have been a few cars broken into around my neighborhood). But i could make a decent bag out of whats in there. I think there are 5 or 6 putters at least 3 mids 2 fairway drivers , and 4 distance drivers
I would probably choose a wizard, warrior and or squall, sabre, and if its windy or a long course one of the distance drivers most likely the orc

A vehicle isn't properly equipped unless there's at least a putter in it somewhere. If for nothing else than to play catch with.

Latest posts