• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

End of the season ace pool?

What to do with the money?

• Carry it over to the next year

Votes: 31 41.3%
  • Have a CTP the last night for the money

Votes: 16 21.3%
  • Put it towards course improvements

Votes: 20 26.7%
  • Other, please explain

Votes: 8 10.7%

• Total voters

Usher

Birdie Member
I have been running tags at a local course and our ace pot has yet to have been hit. It is well over $100 and if someone doesn't hit it on the last night I am wondering what to do. Please respond on what you have seen work or what you think doesn't work.

Thanks!

Roll it over to next year? Get a consensus from your players and see if you can donate it into helping out your local parks?

was there a poll when I responded? I think I missed it. lol

Last edited:
Have a CTP for half and carry the other half over to the next season. That way people who can't make the last league night still have a chance at some of that money later on.

One of the more creative things I've seen was what we did locally here this year.

Went to the shortest easiest hole on the course and threw off. You got exactly as many throws as weeks you attended.

All aces split.

No aces it got donated to the course.

I ended up doing a mini ace race at the end of the league. 18 holes from the shorter teepads worked out great for us.

I do kind of like the half and half idea with a CTP and carrying money over. It is a shorter course as it is so I am hoping someone will hit it this week.

I don't like the CTP on the last night idea. It REALLY sucks for the guy who bought in most of the season and can't make it that one night, and is great for the guy who hardly made it out at all but happens to be free on the last night.

We do 50% goes to the club to be spent on course maintenance, 50% goes to next year's ace pot to start it up good.

If you run an ace pot in the future, I really think that you need to decide what to do in this situation before you collect any money. If everyone knows the rules before they pay in, they shouldn't have any hard feelings about what you do with the left over money (and if they do, you can tell them to screw off guilt free). As long as everyone knows what they are getting into, I don't think it really matters what you are going to do with the money.

Good points. And I agree with the CTP issue of someone showing up for the 1st time and leaving with the money. I will for sure make it more clear for next year.

Any others have some input?

I think the fair thing to do is roll it over. Its an ace fund and nothing else. The money doesn't need to be spent just because there is a short time with no leagues. As long as you plan on havng it next year.

we just voted what to do with ours last week(pending no one hits it by halloween) we had a good turn out for this late in the year and decided no time was better than that and it ended up being most people wanted it to go towards the course, especially because were hoping/planning on a few holes being remodelled in the spring, that and our course could use a posting board and tee signs *crosses fingers*

Have a CTP for half and carry the other half over to the next season. That way people who can't make the last league night still have a chance at some of that money later on.

I like this - fair for folks who may noy be able to play next year.

What you should have done is announced what you were going to do at the beginning of the season.

Now that you can't do that, all of your options are good.

What is not good is pocketing it. I've seen that done too.

Yeah thanks for putting in money every week no one got an ace so I'm gonna buy myself 15 new discs. See you guys next year.^

Can I come play the last round in this league I want a shot at the pot lol

Latest posts