• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ever walked off a course?

Only reason I'll step off a course is if my g/f is too whiney that day (instead of killing her, I leave)... and I guess one time there was some serious cloud to ground lightning in a thunderstorm... waited it out till dark in my car.

WOW you're rude! Don't be so sensitive, you should just give me lots of hugs and kisses to cheer me up!! :) btw I can't wait to kick your butt this weekend! I love you, Mr Sensitive. Haha

And the only reason I'll step off a course is when my b/f decides to end the round early (he normally drives). He obviously doesn't like playing as much as me. Haha

I have walked off a course due to time constraints, extremely slow play and too many people in front of me, and due to weather.
I was at Arthur O' Fischer and the wind was blowing so bad you could not throw very far or you risked your shot being blown to who knew where. In addition, there are some water shots that I was not going to try in those extremely windy conditions. Severe thunderstorms and time constraints forced me off another course.
Otherwise, I will generally finish the course whether the weather is good or not, and whether this course is god or not. It would really need to be a terrible course for me to walk off it but if it was that bad I would probably not go there in the first place.

Only time I've walked off a course was for an emergency, time constraint, weather, or a client needed me.
Otherwise many a times I felt like it after losing a disc, a bad first 4 holes, or boredom. but yet to for those reasons.

Last year I walked off the course all the time. My elbow was in such pain that once I threw #10 I could't take it anymore. I finally gave it 2 months to heal, longest 2 months of my entire ****ing life. Still get some pain in it but nothing noticeable til a few hours after the rounds.

We've walked off a few times. Once because the ball field lights we were playing by got turned off in the middle of the round and we didn't have glow discs. Once because lightning hit a tree on the hole we had just finished. Once because of large painful hail, though we sat in the car for 20 minutes then got out and finished the round when the hail got smaller. Once because after playing 5 holes, we discovered that the other 13 had been removed. Not too bad out of 900+ rounds played so far.

Just walked off a course this morning. Wife called after I completed hole #10 and said both my kids woke up sick.

I've only ever walked off a course twice. Once because I was getting poured on and was playing poorly anyway, and the other was when I was being eaten alive by mosquitoes and forgot my repellent. Few things in this world are more annoying than a bunch of mosquitoes buzzing around you when you're trying to putt.

Rain?! Wind?! Bugs?! Seriously?!!! What I do is in the beginning of the summer I go to willow, a course known for skeeters- if you finish you will have 'em in your throat, ears, nose, and even the creases of your eyes even with 98.9% deet-after that you can tackle most courses without spray! In my trunk are merrel water pros and a lightweight hooded jacket thing. Though I dont usually bring it, I have a wooded practice ninja sword ( this thing is no joke) that will tear through any sheild or sword those king Arthur people have. If I walked off when playing crappy I would never complete a course

I have walked off a course without completing the round a few times. Once because I had to catch a flight (finished 16 holes). Once because the park was closing and the rangers told me they were locking the gate (finished 17 holes). My shortest round was at Barre Falls where I only played one hole before running back to my car as fast as I could with a giant swarm of mosquitoes following close behind. I only lasted two holes one time in Vermont because it was about 6 degrees out and I was way underdressed. I fell into a river on hole 9 at Center Chains while trying to retrieve a disc when it was 20 degrees and actually finished the round soaking wet and freezing. The rest of the holes are pretty much on the way to the parking lot, so I played the whole round.

Gateway park west in Fort Worth. The course is new and needs either more foot traffic or more clean up...Anyway, My wife and I made it to the fourth hole before we were attacked by a swarm of the biggest mosquitos I have ever seen. We had our dogs with us and overall did not go well on the first three holes. It was the breaking point for us.

I've never left a course in the middle of a round but I probably should. As I'm sure everyone is aware it's alot easier to lose a disc in the twilight hour, ive lost a couple that way, trying to finish up a course.

I walked off the UC Davis course because it was impossible to navigate. Tee-pads facing pins that aren't for that tee-pad... After throwing at the wrong basket on 4 different holes I left.
DSCJNKY

Mossy Roc, Sudden Valley WA.
Hole one, drive takes a bad tree-bounce, my go-to monarch enters the woods, never to be found again.
Playing doubles, so I take my next shot... shank it.
Yell F**K at the top of my lungs, make sure my buddies have rides home, drive back into town.

Bug spray

Gateway park west in Fort Worth. The course is new and needs either more foot traffic or more clean up...Anyway, My wife and I made it to the fourth hole before we were attacked by a swarm of the biggest mosquitos I have ever seen. We had our dogs with us and overall did not go well on the first three holes. It was the breaking point for us.

Too bad about your trip there. It is a great course that is still a little rough around the edges. Mosquitos can take the fun out of it in a big hurry, especially those giant ones they have down there. I have played in a mosquito head net before. Damn bugs weren't going to stop me.