• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Every course is a pay to play...

Mando

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Either everyone in the tax base is paying for pubic courses, or you pay individually for private courses, but I think all of us are attracted to disc golf as being "free". Free disc golf is a misnomer.

Either everyone in the tax base is paying for pubic courses, or you pay individually for private courses, but I think all of us are attracted to disc golf as being "free". Free disc golf is a misnomer.

I love pubic courses! :D

What if you don't pay taxes? Can you still get into these pubic courses? They sound interesting.

Nothing's free, or if it is, you get what the price is worth. Lots of nice things don't cost money though.

DP = Direct Pay
IP = Indirect Pay (your taxes)
OP = Others Pay (taxes)

IP at some of my courses...
I wonder what percentage of the disc golf population understands the fact that disc golf is not free...

Disc golfers are cheap, but I get OP's point. However, an IP course is there whether or not you use it...so...

Disc golfers are cheap, but I get OP's point. However, an IP course is there whether or not you use it...so...

I agree with the thriftiness of disc golfers. That is what makes sweat equity such an affordable and worthwhile endeavor.

If taxes are paying for a course, then there are more people who pay taxes but do not play that course than those who pay taxes and do play.

So a larger percentage of non-playing tax payers are paying the most for you and me to play IPs.

That makes it almost free.
Also we'd be paying those taxes anyway no matter what.

If taxes are paying for a course, then there are more people who pay taxes but do not play that course than those who pay taxes and do play.

So a larger percentage of non-playing tax payers are paying the most for you and me to play IPs.

That makes it almost free.
Also we'd be paying those taxes anyway no matter what.
Exactly. Almost free, but not free...disc golfers are freeloaders.

WTH??!!! I agree with Pathetic. NOTHING is free. Everything costs something, even it is an intangible cost.

Latest posts