• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Exercises to enhance the domination?

Johnny Depth

Double Eagle Member
Guys, so basically let all start doing barbell rows, tricep extensions, dead lifts, and squats to become insanely powerful while continuing to better our throwing technique.

700' bombs all day. Not a problem.

Next summer, it'll be too easy.

Let do it?

:hfive:

Should we make it like the biggest loser, but instead make it the greatest distance increase with bi-weekly check-ins?

old tire+battle clubs= dead body

I like the ones they sell at Onnit.com

https://www.onnit.com/steel-clubs/

"heavy clubs are particularly valuable for grip strength, shoulder work, and rotational core power."
Perfect for disc golf distance increases.

Now if I can just buy some motivation to go with them.

I've been doing this for years. Lifting won't do a whole lot for throwing distance. However, I have found it makes throwing controlled distance much easier. It also helps for stamina during a long tournament, or during rounds when there are a lot of long drives. Focusing on your core and legs will give you the most benefit, IMO.

agreed, hammer.

deadlifts are pretty much the most complete lift you'll ever do. if you ditch the stupid hernia belt and use weight that won't kill you, your core, your back, your lats, your quads, your glutes, hams, your grip strength, everything will go up.

i did find it pushed my throwing distance a decent bit further, but i did lose flexibility once i put a little beef on me - if i had a better stretching routine, i bet i would have seen much more benefit. the control is true, too.

I've been doing this for years. Lifting won't do a whole lot for throwing distance. However, I have found it makes throwing controlled distance much easier. It also helps for stamina during a long tournament, or during rounds when there are a lot of long drives. Focusing on your core and legs will give you the most benefit, IMO.

Because look at Will Schusterick. He appears like he has not lifted a weight in his life. He is 6'3" 140lbs and can throw far. Having big arms does not mean much it seems. Just good form.

CrossFit. Over the last 4 months, my golf distance has gone from 375' to 410'. Spike hyzers above the tall trees at my courses are now a reality. Can't say it's helped my accuracy, though...

My older brother and his wife carry resistance bands in their bags to do a little stretching before rounds. They get alot of positive comments from the older crowd.

I been working out my back and my shoulder, which I have neglected in weightlifting for my entire life, and I can now throw about 30ft farther at least. Feel like when I get my form down, I will be able to throw farther, because I know there are inconsistencies there. Strong muscles plus good form is great, I think. Garret Gurthie and David Wiggins Jr. threw the farthest at worlds, and they are not small dudes. That said, I don't think strong arms are anywhere near as important as having good form.

Latest posts