• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Facebook Integration

That's really strange. I just went to the scorebook page and it popped right up for me. Which browser are you using?

Safari on OS X 10.6.2. It worked fine when you first set it up, not sure what the deal is.

That's really odd since I haven't touched it since I set it up. If you have Firefox give it a shot there to see if it's something with Safari.

Ok even more odd: Logged in to DGCR via Firefox, and I had to do the FB Connect thing again. Still no checkbox on scorebook edit page.

Tried on Google Chrome, and the FB Connect area on the Dashboard didn't even show up.

Only new scores are sent to facebook, not edited/updated ones so you won't see the checkbox on that page. I'm downloading chrome now to see what's up.

Just tested chrome and works like a champ on my end.

Ahhhh, OK I am seeing the checkbox when adding a new round in the scorebook (on Safari).

Just tested chrome and works like a champ on my end.

Forgot I had a Flash blocker plugin running on Chrome. Sorry!

So it seems you need to log in to FB Connect with every browser you want to use. I got the "Connect" button on Chrome after allowing Flash.

Still odd that it didn't work last night, but I guess you need to be logged in to FB. Other linked apps have some setting to allow continuously, might want to look into that.

As long as you check the "remember me" button when you login to FB you will always be connected. From my somewhat limited understanding of it, I think the FB Connect stuff uses facebook's cookies to determine if you are logged in to FB or not which is why if you switch browsers you would need to re-login to both DGCR and FB. If you have already connected the accounts before in any browser you will not need to do it again in the new one.

What's the point of facebook? Seriously, I've only had the net since my join date? I thought it was just for teens and girls
Just about all my family is on facebook and it's a great way to keep in touch with them. I have been using it about 6 month's now and find it to be a useful way to keep in touch with people.

Teens use it for other purposes. A lot of people just use it to stay in touch with old friends. I really can't hate on it, because it's allowed me to communicate with friends that I would just be wondering about otherwise.
It's like any other website: you gotta take the good with the bad.

When I tested it out, I just put a score into the scorebook and it didn't show on facebook. What I had to do was go to my dashboard home on here (it will show "connected") then I was able to enter in a second round and it showed up on facebook.

Did you go to facebook between attempts? If so, that is probably what made it work. If you don't have remember login checked over on facebook then you'll have to visit there first before the connect thing knows that you're logged in over there.

Another Facebook thingy.. I added "Like" buttons to all the courses on the site. They'll be visible on most course pages except for the review pages since they seemed to get messed up with the other facebook stuff on that page.

ACK!! facebook connect on vbulletin is such a bi*** to administrate. I have dealt with it on another forum I am the administrator for and its absolutely horrible. Sometimes it works great, others it screws everything up and you cant get it off your apps page.

ACK!! facebook connect on vbulletin is such a bi*** to administrate. I have dealt with it on another forum I am the administrator for and its absolutely horrible. Sometimes it works great, others it screws everything up and you cant get it off your apps page.
Well it's a good thing I'm not using it for vBulletin then. :p

Well it's a good thing I'm not using it for vBulletin then. :p

lol, by the first post I thought it would be incorporated into the forums as well. If ya dont mind me asking, what CMS is the main site built off of?