• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Facebook Integration

100 people have connected their facebook accounts to their DGCR accounts. Very cool to see it being used :)

It's a cool feature! I only let my good rounds go to Facebook though. :)

I love it. I didn't realize that I had checked the post updated reviews, So as I finally got around to posting the addresses for GPS's in my reviews, All of my facebook friends got blasted with the Review updates. Haha It's good for them! lol It keeps them informed! It beats getting a post that is asking for help with Farmville or Fishville or whatever the latest game is! lol

Why would you post the addresses in your reviews instead of on the actual course page? Far more people would see it on the course page.

Thanks Tim!!

You are the man and we all appreciate your hard work on this amazing website!

I am anti-facebook, but that is a cool idea!

I don't use it except for this DGCR stuff :)

Also, Russ, I added the address info from your reviews to the course pages that had it missing.

Why would you post the addresses in your reviews instead of on the actual course page? Far more people would see it on the course page.

Actually, I'm ashamed to say, I didn't think about doing that until a few weeks ago. This was prior to that realization. :eek: But I got myself into the habit of doing it in the review.

Finally linked up, and it looks great! Posted a scheduled round and a score, got some comments from FB friends who aren't DGCR members, so hopefully as I continue to litter my page with stuff this upcoming season I'll drive a few people to DGCR.

Tim, do you have a way to see how much traffic gets sent here via Facebook links? If so, we'd all love to see some numbers as more people start using this! If not, maybe you could include a little questionnaire for new members asking how they heard about DGCR (PDGA, Facebook, Google, flyer on a course, website address written in wet cement, etc.).

I can see some facebook numbers but it's all mixed in so I can differentiate whether someone clicked on a link from your wall or you just went to your dashboard and the facebook connect thing loaded.

Glad to hear a few of your friends commented on it :)

My only complaint is now that you have linked the IP (which I understand the reasoning) when I put in my wifes score on her account it posts it to my facebook under my name.

That's just a facebook connect thing I don't have control over. It uses the account of whoever is logged into facebook so if you want it to go under your wife's name you'd have to log out of facebook first, log her in to fb and then come here and enter a score (you might have to re-connect if you haven't to give the site permission to post to her fb).

What's the point of facebook? Seriously, I've only had the net since my join date? I thought it was just for teens and girls

What's the point of facebook? Seriously, I've only had the net since my join date? I thought it was just for teens and girls

It use to be more "school" oriented. It was designed originally for high school graduating seniors to keep in touch with one another as they went off to college. Now it's just pure social networking with no particular theme. :\

Ummm I have found probably about 20 people I went to school with and was in the Navy with that I would have never found. In fact we went to dinner Saturday with a girl from school and her family. I think that is pretty cool.

You can also get groups of people with like minds on something.

Do you need to be logged in to FB before recording a score etc. for it to show up on FB? I recorded a score, but nothing shows on my FB page.

I also made sure I was logged in then edited the round (without making changes) and then saved it, no luck.

Was wondering if the "notes" section for the round would show up on the FB post as well.

I'll have to double-check the notes but I think that will show. You have to be logged in to FB (possibly having checked "remember login" over there). If you see the "Share on Facebook" checkbox on the score entry page (or any other page on DGCR that shares data with FB) at the bottom that means your account is linked properly. You can also go to your dashboard to see if it's connected.

I'll have to double-check the notes but I think that will show. You have to be logged in to FB (possibly having checked "remember login" over there). If you see the "Share on Facebook" checkbox on the score entry page (or any other page on DGCR that shares data with FB) at the bottom that means your account is linked properly. You can also go to your dashboard to see if it's connected.

Dashboard shows it all as linked and all options as "On", but no checkbox on the Score page.