• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fantasy Disc Golf – The 2012 Season **Official Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks brall for running this.

you're welcome and thanks to everyone for taking it easy on me.

i've never ran anything in my life except quickly from angry dogs.

p.s. i realize that the disclaimer quote in my last post directs you to the wrong league but you get my drift :D

Last edited:
This was my first fantasy anything so I didn't really know how it was going to work out.

For those guys sending me discs

I will be out of town starting June 30th-July8th so don't worry about getting anything out fast. I move right before I leave and I would hate for discs to get lost by waiting in the mail box too long.

I would say MPO only, its not like we play fantasy AAA baseball.
If you want women in the event, then cut it fromt he 100 points ssytem to people beat instead.

Regardless I like the people beat option for MPO better than 100 points because every tourney is not weighted the same then. It all comes down to how many people are at each tournament.

i agree with MPO only.

i strongly disagree with people beaten though- that will make the whole thing about worlds. if it's possible to use the 100 point base and double weight USDGC and worlds that would be my preference.

thanks Brall!

i agree with MPO only.

i strongly disagree with people beaten though- that will make the whole thing about worlds. if it's possible to use the 100 point base and double weight USDGC and worlds that would be my preference.

thanks Brall!

Shouldn't the biggest event of the year be worth the most points?

I guess I can see your point but maybe the way to do it would be to limit the salary caps more so that you need to reach deep from some picks maybe. I don't enjoy picking the same top pros every week. I would like to get down into some of those 1000 rated players or guys on the verge of breaking out.

Like last year i picked wysocki early and rode his ratings bumps for a bunch of tourneys!

Ill play no matter what way the rules get decided, its fun either way, but making the FPO count equally the same as MPO is not right considering anyone can decide between 5 ladies and not miss out on many points. The only people hurt are the ones who end up with noshows. I would have been in 2nd if I didnt pick blair, fortunately a lot of others picked her too.

getting rid of the women and setting a cap of something like 1020-1025 per player will force people to do some thinking about their mpo picks- the fact that you could basically pick the last place woman each week and have lots of ratings points left over for mpo made it too easy to just take the top dogs last season.

getting rid of the women and setting a cap of something like 1020-1025 per player will force people to do some thinking about their mpo picks- the fact that you could basically pick the last place woman each week and have lots of ratings points left over for mpo made it too easy to just take the top dogs last season.

Agreed. That is what I did, and int he final event it cost me but only because of a noshow.

In the tournament earnings format the loophole is that you only want to select the 4 best players and leave one spot open, you can then still have a top notch sub in case one of your picks doesnt show, but typically the top pros are the only ones cashing, so if you were to water down your picks by dropping the ratings down, you end up winning less overall. I hope that disappears in whatever league that was an issue.

Cale wouldn't have hurt me...

...if I hadn't picked him as my captain :doh:

Missed 9th place by 3 points :thmbdown:

I didn't catch on to this strategy until the 2nd week. Unfortunately I was already 50 points behind because of it... and I stayed there until the end of the league (except for the last tourney with the no shows).
DSCJNKY

^This, I had a lot of fun pouring time into this and I don't think it could have been run more flawlessly

much appreciated!

as for all the suggestions on how to set up next season's tournaments, keep them coming. i'm trying to weigh what i think will please the most people.

...new motto? i generally try to piss off the least amount of humans at any given time.

are there any thoughts about changing the current salary caps of 5100?

Can you change the salary cap each event?
Are you willing to change it each event?
If you were willing you would pretty much need to have the cap entered before allowing us to pick, (which may make it ineffective in altering he strategy), although most top pros are generally signe dup well in advance of the big tourneys.

Some I could see being higher and some lower than others depending on who shows up. Any major tourney with all the top pros should perhaps be a little higher than the local A tiers that might only have a couple big names.

Can you change the salary cap each event? Yes
Are you willing to change it each event? I would prefer it stay constant unless there is need
If you were willing you would pretty much need to have the cap entered before allowing us to pick, (which may make it ineffective in altering he strategy), although most top pros are generally signe dup well in advance of the big tourneys.

Some I could see being higher and some lower than others depending on who shows up. Any major tourney with all the top pros should perhaps be a little higher than the local A tiers that might only have a couple big names.

even though i prefer it to be as constant as possible i am certainly open to having certain tournaments being different.

just post the name of the tournament and what you think it should be and i'll decide if it's something that could please the masses.

even though i prefer it to be as constant as possible i am certainly open to having certain tournaments being different.

just post the name of the tournament and what you think it should be and i'll decide if it's something that could please the masses.

I guess I would make the decision based on the quality of players attending.

Worlds and USDGC will have all of the best there so maybe drop the average rating per player to 1015-1025, other tournaments with less top notch players a 1015-1025 would allow you to pick the best players outright, so maybe it needs to be dropped down to 1005-1015 or even lower if there arent more than a couple guys over 1020 there.

I think i would liek to see what is called a sleeper in fantasy sports . . . someone whow ill provide more value for less cost (ratings points).

Im not sure if it would work or not, or how difficult it would be.

Changing the points each round will be a pain in the ass for Brall to research, set-up, etc...

The way last year's season played out worked well. If you wanted one of the top 4 players, you had to dig deep to find a player who might score you some points. I know I picked up Wysocki and rode him while he was still under the radar.

Do I pick four 1015 rated players... or one 1040 rated player, two 1025 players and a 980 player?

This last season it was too easy to pick the worst female (who would still earn you 90+ points) so you could get the four best guys... and once everyone figured that out, there wasn't much fluctuation in the points.
DSCJNKY

Changing the points each round will be a pain in the ass for Brall to research, set-up, etc...

The way last year's season played out worked well. If you wanted one of the top 4 players, you had to dig deep to find a player who might score you some points. I know I picked up Wysocki and rode him while he was still under the radar.

Do I pick four 1015 rated players... or one 1040 rated player, two 1025 players and a 980 player?

This last season it was too easy to pick the worst female (who would still earn you 90+ points) so you could get the four best guys... and once everyone figured that out, there wasn't much fluctuation in the points.
DSCJNKY

I agree on all accounts. I just thought I would throw that possibility out there. I know I wouldnt do it for the league, I do like consistency too!

I´ve PM:ed all those who are supposed to send me a disc.
Big Weekend,
gregorvn,
jaybob,
stevetclark,
Jsurmann,
gcr_russell,
TrippinBill

Thanks for this season, its been fun. :thmbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.