• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite Course in California REAL THREAD!

What is your favorite course in California?>

• Birds of Paradise

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • Sky High DGC

Votes: 9 9.0%
  • Coyote Point DGC @ Lake Casitas

Votes: 15 15.0%
  • DeLaveaga Park

Votes: 23 23.0%
  • Stafford Lake County Park

Votes: 16 16.0%
  • Turtle Rock Park

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • Perigrine Point

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Bijou Community Park

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Sylmar(Veterans Park)

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Humboldt State University

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other(Comment what it is)

Votes: 16 16.0%

• Total voters
Hands down BOP is the Best Cali Course i've played but i haven't any of the courses around LA area. I do think though if more people could play BOP it would be at the front. @Mashnut you should really push for Birds if you have the chance. I am gonna try and set up a Date to get up there in the next two to three weeks.. Chris think you could make that happen???

I probably could. Let's figure out when, and I'll talk to Luke. Maybe we could get a little DGCR meetup?:popcorn:

Chris let me know when you talk with luke. Let's set a date and see if we can make it a mini meet-up...

Keep me in the loop, it's unlikely we could do it in the next couple weeks but there is some possibility.

Chris let me know when you talk with luke. Let's set a date and see if we can make it a mini meet-up...

Well, we will have to see what days I have off when you are looking at coming up, then I'll give him a call and see if he will be free then. I can also check with Caleb too if Luke isn't down, but Caleb will have to find someone to cover his shop.

I want to play BOP. Thanksgiving might be tough for me to get out there though.

Here is the big question to ask yourself....... Is BOP that legit that Shuie is willing to travel 2500 miles just to play it again?????

I would have to say yes!!!!!!!

:clap::D:thmbup::clap:

Here is the big question to ask yourself....... Is BOP that legit that Shuie is willing to travel 2500 miles just to play it again?????

I would have to say yes!!!!!!!

:clap: That's what I'm talking about. :hfive: Tell these folks Shuie.

I'm feelin' hungry...

:popcorn:

And Jim, you defiantly need to make your way over here to play it.

So, i talked with Chris the other day. It Sounds like we are pushing for Black Friday as the day to play BOP. Any of you Cali DGCR's interested???
P.S. i plan on playing Sylmar, Coyote point and Sky High in about 3 weeks so i will have my full input on all the courses listed.

I can show u three 18 hole regional park courses I one day:

Yucaipa
Prado
Glen Helen

I have a life time pass to these courses and I can drive you to all three. Let me know.

Sky high only has holes 2-8 installed for the winter and ice bowl in January.

Sky High is closed for the season.

Actually Sky High remains OPEN for play year round. However, only holes 2 through 8 are available during winter play.

There is already about a foot of natural snow on the mountain this year.

So, i talked with Chris the other day. It Sounds like we are pushing for Black Friday as the day to play BOP. Any of you Cali DGCR's interested???

I got a message back from Luke today saying that he might not be in town then. I'll check with Caleb if Luke is out of town, but if that doesn't work out we can go to some of my favorite (unlisted) courses up in the mountains instead.:hfive::popcorn:

Only played three courses in Cali--Both La Mirada's and Oak Grove. The La Mirada's were damn cool, but I really liked Oak Grove because it was first.

So, this is my take on the higher ranking of the SoCal Courses i've played!!! OF the courses out there that are on that STUPID Cali Poll, i feel that only Delaveaga(MAYBE), Stafford and Casitas are the only three courses that could hang for the number one spot(In my eyes with Dela being number 4 in my book) All the other courses are Glorified City courses that are DECENT golf but not GREAT!!!! Every course except for the 3 mentioned are fairly open with some trees in play but in general there is no punishment for an errant shot and on can just play it safe for par.(I use to love California so much to DG wise.):\
Don't get me wrong i still love the Golf here but the TOP 10 here in Cali is weak Compared to the Top ten in any of the States that have over 200 course(CHIT, Indiana might have a more solid top ten then Cali!!!) But heck that just my own personal input, take it or leave it.

Latest posts