• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite music to play to

If I'm solo, which isn't often enough, I sometimes play with a random selection of music. Electronic or older hip hop. Mainly it's just conversation with friends.

I feel like my little speakers wouldn't have the range or enough wub for skrillex haha
lol my speakers completely don't have the range to handle skrillex but I make due, I turn it up until it starts to distort which is pretty low on most of his stuff and just turn it down one bar. Something about it though gets me going.

My music of choice is ska/rocksteady and some dub and reggae.
Imo, its the perfect choice for the course.

Sublime.

Recognized by most and very mellow. Plus it goes well with any extra curriculars.

I prefer to listen to the sounds of nature. The only time I listen to music is if I want to drown something out, like someone that annoys me on a tournament card.

I enjoy listening to Death Metal. Whitechapel, Born Of Osiris, Elitist. The heavier the better, it actually helps me to focus more.

So Sabbath?

More along the lines of Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Dio. Also like power metal such as Hammerfall, Dream Evil, Helloween, Iced Earth etc. The point being not the new Heavy Metal with the cookie monster vocals that is coming out in waves today. Musically I like it I just prefer cleaner vocals is all.

It all depends on the course and my mood. If I'm in the middle of nowhere and surrounded by great scenery, then odds are I'll play in silence and enjoy the outdoors, especially on a well designed course.

However there is always times when you are in a music kind of mood and I don't really find it distracting to my game. When I do decide to jam I'll throw on Wiz Khalifa or my electronic playlists... a tad of Bob Marley radio as well.

I don't like to listen to any music while playing. I like to take in the sounds of my surroundings. If I did listen to music on the course, it would most likely be metal, hip-hop, or jazz.

Pandora stations====>System of a Down, Pearl Jam, Beastie Boys, Rage Against the Machine, Al Green, The Cars, Doobie Brothers, Metallica.....just depends what I'm in the mood for. Or Nothing but nature

I tend to go for My Morning Jacket. Z, or Circuital. Lively enough, without being too heavy... it just puts me in a good groove.

This... I also like to go with Arcade Fire, Kings of Leon, and Red Hot Chili Peppers, and sometimes if I'm in the mood I'll go with some hip hop or house music.

If I listened to music during a tournament round I would get too engrossed in the music.

I guess if I had to pick music to listen to during a round I'd go with some Mahler symphonies :thmbup: ... or any symphony in general really I guess.

If I listened to my usual metal, I'd probably get too worked up ... and everyone would get pissed at me for humming along.

Maybe some atmospheric black/folk metal? Maybe something avant-garde-ish like Agalloch?

... can't STAND listening to reggae/Bob Marley during casual rounds (or in general really). When someone's playing it on the course, I feel like a plastic-chucking stereotype. :doh:

Last edited:
Figured out what metal I'd listen to on the course:

Opeth and some Devin Townsend

NAILED IT!

More along the lines of Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Dio. Also like power metal such as Hammerfall, Dream Evil, Helloween, Iced Earth etc. The point being not the new Heavy Metal with the cookie monster vocals that is coming out in waves today. Musically I like it I just prefer cleaner vocals is all.

I'm assuming you know of Grave Digger, Sabaton, etc.? :)

I have a small speaker that I put in one of the drink holders in my Grip bag. I still get to enjoy the sounds of the course around me, but the soundtrack behind it is usually:

Wilco
Vampire Weekend
Jukebox the Ghost
Phoenix
Whiskeytown/Ryan Adams
Bon Iver
Imagine Dragons
fun. (SHUT UP, IT'S GOOD)
Uncle Tupelo
The Shins

Latest posts