• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] FD/Fairway Disc/Dark Rebel/Hawkeye

If you take a deep dive on the old FD thread I believe it was thought to be the Archangel wing and the "Anhyzer" top that all the early DM drivers had

If you take a deep dive on the old FD thread I believe it was thought to be the Archangel wing and the "Anhyzer" top that all the early DM drivers had

100% positive it is not the anhyzer top. I have heard archangel top thrown out but have not compared them personally.

Well, whatever this "new" disc is….

If it looks like a duck, and feels like a duck, and flies like a duck….

Then it must be a duck.

Seriously, it looks, feels, and flies just like the S-line FD's that I threw for years.

Maybe they aren't using the same top mold (only tooling is "Made in USA" as others have mentioned) but whatever they are using is close enough that I can't tell the difference.

Well, whatever this "new" disc is….

If it looks like a duck, and feels like a duck, and flies like a duck….

Then it must be a duck.

Seriously, it looks, feels, and flies just like the S-line FD's that I threw for years.

Maybe they aren't using the same top mold (only tooling is "Made in USA" as others have mentioned) but whatever they are using is close enough that I can't tell the difference.

Maybe Innova and Discmania can attract customers with price wars.

Maybe Innova and Discmania can attract customers with price wars.

Mark Cuban says an entrepreneur should charge as much as people will pay for a product. Pretty sure they will both put this to the test. Based on what I've seen from DM's other releases, I hope Innova keeps making these and starts running PDs.

Looks like the consensus is this is a nice run of S-FD.

I am pretty sure the FD is a Archangel top and a Leopard wing! These new ones have the exact top as my old one, a medium dome to almost a plateau. That is where the FD gets its great glide. These Dark Rebels are the same mold as the originals im sure of it.

I am pretty sure the FD is a Archangel top and a Leopard wing! These new ones have the exact top as my old one, a medium dome to almost a plateau. That is where the FD gets its great glide. These Dark Rebels are the same mold as the originals im sure of it.

It's definitely not a Leopard wing. The FD wing is significantly wider.

So are they going to roll out all these molds with slightly different names?

If they release a Fairway Disc 3, will it be a Fairway Disc with a flatter top like the 3 series, or will it be the original FD3?

Midrange Disc for the MDs?

Power Disc for PD?

Luster Champion Putter, Tour Series Sky Deity?

Swirly Star Distance Disc 3, the Cumulus Crusher, or Nimbus Splitter?

Thank you for making me literally laugh aloud

Bagged one of mine in a tournament today. Definitely an FD.

There's a hole that has been eating my lunch (kind of a low ceiling tunnel shot but the tunnel isn't very straight) and went with the "new" FD and piped it.

So what is the difference in the bottom pieces - does it look like they took the same bottom pieces and just retooled to add USA MADE?

Maybe same shape but different physical pieces?

So what is the difference in the bottom pieces - does it look like they took the same bottom pieces and just retooled to add USA MADE?

No idea.

Whatever they did or didn't do to the mold, if you like the FD then you'd be hard pressed to tell this from the original other than the markings.

Two field sessions, one tournament round, and three casual rounds later and I'm stoked to have the FD back in my bag.

They look identical to every other FD I have. Adding different tooling on the bottom doesn't mean anything. It's the same disc.