• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] FD2

Probably not.

It would depend on their sponsorship agreement.

I would guess that Discmania players can throw Innova only where molds don't exist in the Discmania lineup.

With Millennium I can throw any Innova manufactured disc. Doesn't have to fit a hole in the lineup. No clue on the DM contract. I am sure they would allow them to throw anything that helped them win as long as it was produced by Innova.

With Millennium I can throw any Innova manufactured disc. Doesn't have to fit a hole in the lineup. No clue on the DM contract. I am sure they would allow them to throw anything that helped them win as long as it was produced by Innova.

Fair enough. Thanks ZJ. I didn't want to assume.

Though, I've thrown the Discmania mids and don't really know why Simon Lizotte would pick those over rocs if he didn't have to.

But maybe having pick of the crop at the factory helps.

Though, I've thrown the Discmania mids and don't really know why Simon Lizotte would pick those over rocs if he didn't have to.

One thing to think about is that he may just be proud to be Discmania sponsored. Even though he could (maybe) have any Innova/Millenium mid, he might just want to use as much DM as possible for loyalty's sake

I prefer an assortment of QMS/MD2/MD3/Mortar over an assortment of Roc's. That setup covers every stability I need and all the mid's have the same rounded feel. The MD2 and MD3 are pretty interchangeable depending on the run you get.

Well anyways I am pretty excited for the FD2. The flat C-FDs were nice but still not as good as an old candy QJLS. I am rocking 2 QJ's and an FD to cover all my fairway shots. I definitely will see how it fits with those discs.

One thing to think about is that he may just be proud to be Discmania sponsored. Even though he could (maybe) have any Innova/Millenium mid, he might just want to use as much DM as possible for loyalty's sake

Those flat MD2's he bags would be nice to have!

10001539_10154017315785541_1955683954_n.jpg

" Heard it flies like a teebird"

But all seriousness this discs seems like a good fit into DM's lineup based on the numbers.

Trident is 36.75, so that's close. I don't expect it to be that beefy, though.

Agreed, Trident was spec'd at 1.4 cm height, 2.0 for FD2.

FD2 does look to be in the shorter range of FWY's though which could pair up better with the PD distance gap wise. Better then say a Teebird does. I'm betting the FD2 is closer to Champ Gazelle distance. Wider wing but blunt nose.

I'm just happy to see something in the controllable speed range. Not sure I'll snag one at first, but I am interested.

The FD2 disc from Discmania was PDGA Approved on 4-4-2014.

"The FD2 is an important addition to the Discmania line. It's an overstable driver with less glide and more fade than our straight-flying FD has. Flight numbers: 7/4/0/2" - by Discmania

discmania_FD2.jpg

Can't wait to check this thing out. Although I'm not sure that it'll be a replacement for the 2nd run C-FDs so LET THE HOARDING CONTINUE!! :D

Can't wait to check this thing out. Although I'm not sure that it'll be a replacement for the 2nd run C-FDs so LET THE HOARDING CONTINUE!! :D

Here here! I second that! But if it flies anything like a champ Gazelle in nice candy plastic AND comes in a variety of weights, I will be buying a stack for sure.

After talking to Ryan, he described the FD2 as a disc you can throw hard and keep it straight with good fade at the end

Latest posts