• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Diamond Trusted Reviewer!

Wow, I must have missed my 200 unique's alarm. I can't believe I did not see that last night when I signed off.

Again I appreciate all the support. Writing these review was very enjoyable and somehow it became as fun as bagging courses. It guess it gave me something to do disc golf related when I couldn't go play.

My reviews per week are going to get toned back quite a bit. I have been slowing running out of courses to review and I am actually down to only 4 left after enjoying healthy backlog of 20 to 30 all summer. The reason for the slowdown is that I bought 10 acres of land on a mountain side at the end of September. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with the land, but its occupying a lot of my time.

cheers,
Mark

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• hole 6.0.jpg
    hole 6.0.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 108
  • hole 6.1.jpg
    hole 6.1.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 107
  • hole 6.2.jpg
    hole 6.2.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 106
Wow, I must have missed my 200 unique's alarm. I can't believe I did not see that last night when I signed off.

Again I appreciate all the support. Writing these review was very enjoyable and somehow it became as fun as bagging courses. It guess it gave me something to do disc golf related when I couldn't go play.

My reviews per week are going to get toned back quite a bit. I have been slowing running out of courses to review and I am actually down to only 4 left after enjoying healthy backlog of 20 to 30 all summer. The reason for the slowdown is that I bought 10 acres of land on a mountain side at the end of September. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with the land, but its occupying a lot of my time.

cheers,
Mark

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

You know what to do with it. You have bagged enough courses and probably have learned more about course design than you think you have. Trust yourself on this one. There are always other options, but for the love of God, don't look John Houck in the eye. That's how he gets you.:D

Build a course and give me an excuse to come play up in Huntsville!

Way to go Mark!
Fast approaching double the number of thumbs up needed!!!
I'm jealous of your :thmbup: to :thmbdown: ratio too! :p

Build a course and give me an excuse to come play up in Huntsville!

There are 14 DGCR listed courses within 20 minutes of downtown Huntsville (186 holes) . It's a honey-hole for baggers. You'd need 3 days to hit them all.

Trust me, there will be a course. Perhaps Spring 2020. Only 9 holes though, but i will be over some wicked terrain. 80 to 100 ft down grade changes on a couple holes. 2 or 3 par 4s maxing out at around 600 feet. multiple tees, perhaps as many as four on a few holes and all with unique lines. Lots of multiple basket locations. This is quite the sandbox. Today i put in the second tee for hole 4 and I am scouting for the 3rd and possibly 4th one. Distances 160ish, 220ish are in and looking for lines at around the 270 and 310 foot range.

Mark,

Here I was thinking of you as this young, promising course bagger, someone I could tutor and pass on my course bagging knowledge to. And now, you've turned to the dark side as a course developer reminding me of those who came before you, Martin Dewgarita and Mike Harr, who have given up the ways of course baggers only to be seduced by the ancient ways of course developer.

It somehow saddens my heart.

TVK

Congrats on a well earned diamond, Wellsy! Twas a long time coming. Good luck with your plans for that property! :hfive:

There are 14 DGCR listed courses within 20 minutes of downtown Huntsville (186 holes) . It's a honey-hole for baggers. You'd need 3 days to hit them all.

Congratulations

Not only is Huntsville a bagger's dream, it also has the US Space and Rocket Center. I recommend adding another day to any trip to Hunstville to see it. One of the highlights of all my travels across the US was getting to see the Saturn V rocket, moon rocks, Apollo 16 and the full stack Space Shuttle Pathfinder up close and personal. Sorry for the thread drift...

Shine on you crazy diamond!

Congratulations, Mark. It brings me special joy reaching any course before you. Sadly, it's a rare occasion savored too few times. Thank you for the informative reviews and good luck with the future course development. DGCR is better for having your reviews