• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Diamond Trusted Reviewer!

timg

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Congratulations to the The Valkyrie Kid on earning the highest reviewer honor on DGCR. Thank you for the wealth of information you've provided to the community and your dedication to the sport and reviewing.

I have created a very special TR "mini" for the diamond level that I hope you will enjoy.

Thank you again for your dedication to the site and the sport!

Attachments

• IMG_3193.jpg
    IMG_3193.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 1,388
  • IMG_3195.jpg
    IMG_3195.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 541
  • IMG_3196.jpg
    IMG_3196.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 427
A few more photos..

Attachments

• IMG_3199.jpg
    IMG_3199.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_3200.jpg
    IMG_3200.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 411
  • IMG_3201.jpg
    IMG_3201.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 928
That is incredible! Nice going timg! Congrats again Valk Kid!

Freakin cool! - It seriously love the look of the wood. What kind of wood is it?

Hell, I'd better it in gear - I'm only half way there!!!

Please tell me you ordered more than 1 of those because that is frickin awesome . . . .I am gunning as hard as I can to get there. I definitely will not use the wood one on the course in fact it owuld be illegal in a PDGA even because it is too big! Would it be rude to ask you to sign the back of the wood one???

Glad you guys like it! To answer the questions that came up, the wood is maple. I had a choice of a few but thought it would look best on that. It's not hollowed out underneath so it's a solid piece and weighs about 1 pound.

I wouldn't mind signing the back if you wanted me to. I probably should have asked Valkyrie Kid if he wanted me to sign the back, I just assumed he might not want it signed.

Also, I'll order these on an as needed basis as they are really quite expensive and take around 2 weeks to come in. I went a little crazy on it since I know diamond is very tough to achieve so I wouldn't have to be handing these things out like candy :)

Awesome looking. My goal is to reach diamond status one day. Now I am extra motivated.
Nice work Timg and Valkyrie Kid!

Glad you guys like it! To answer the questions that came up, the wood is maple. I had a choice of a few but thought it would look best on that. It's not hollowed out underneath so it's a solid piece and weighs about 1 pound.

I wouldn't mind signing the back if you wanted me to. I probably should have asked Valkyrie Kid if he wanted me to sign the back, I just assumed he might not want it signed.

Also, I'll order these on an as needed basis as they are really quite expensive and take around 2 weeks to come in. I went a little crazy on it since I know diamond is very tough to achieve so I wouldn't have to be handing these things out like candy :)

Maybe you will be handing them out like candy after people see the benefit. I think it is a great thing for the game and this site to offer such a cool reward. It helps build the site and it helps build the knowledge that can be garnered from the reviews. I only hope people continue to improve their reviews. Mine have certainly taken a step up in recent weeks with my long roadtrip. Some maybe consider me wordy but I am only putting in there things that I think are generally worth mentioning. I don't think there is a lot of fluff but sometimes I may talk in circles as I have been known to do!!!! All in all I just hope people step their games up, but more importantly I hope more people use the review section to review and not just read.

Maybe if you offered premium memberships as one of the stages of TR that would get more people to write better reviews. I don't think it is easy to cheat the system, because even though I have now reviewd 160 course I still have only 5 votes per review. That would take a lot of courses to reach gold or diamond level, or a ton of votes like if someone only reviewed Flip, Idlewild, Highbridge, or the often discussed Winter Park! Maybe people need more incentive, not that it needs to come out of your pocket Timg, but maybe there is some sponsorship (perhaps you could contact the private pay to play courses and see if they want to begin advertising here). Sure they can rely on their reviews, but a couple hundred $ from them could go a long ways for this site. Maybe this should be in suggestions and not here, but it was on my mind as I typed. See what I said about talking in circles I did it again!

Maple was a fantastic choice. The light color really brings out the lettering. As always you do things right! Thanks for everything you do to make this site a reality.

Latest posts