• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Flip City

I played Flip City for the first time a couple of weeks ago and loved it...yesterday I played another epic private course in Washington State:

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1500

If you love Flip City (and who wouldn't) you need to put Lucky Mud on your wish list and make a way to play it someday....you won't be disappointed...

The terrain and flora is very unique...the deep woods remind me of Jurrasic Park :)

Those photos for Lucky Mud, especially holes #12 - 14, look like sure-fire lost disc potential.

NEWS FLASH....

I thought it would be forever before I played another course to recommend to those who love Flip City...but today I played a course that is as amazing as any of the 279 that I have played so far....

If you add Lucky Mud to your wish list and dream of a road trip to the Pacific Northwest...you HAVE to go to Horning's Hideout...they have TWO awesome courses...one EPIC course with something for everyone and the other is the most awesome short course I have ever played...

They are currently working one a 3rd that they want to submit to be rated as a GoldLevel Course

Check them out...

like I said before...make a trip to West Michigan during the summer..period, even IF you don't disc golf. It is one of America's best kept secrets with sand dunes, a beautiful Lake Michigan shoreline, and some of the best landscapes east of the Mississippi. And this comes from someone who has spent the past two years traveling EVERYWHERE in the US...me.

I grew up in West Michigan and decided to come back for the summer. Before I came back I went online hoping there might be some disc golf course in the area, maybe in Muskegon or Grand Rapids. There were none when I was growing up. Imagine my surprise when there were FIVE courses, including Flip City all within 20 miles of where I was staying, even one on my old sledding hill in Ludington(Leviathan)...And HIGHLY rated courses! It is a quiet mecca of disc golfing. Amazing how many people here play and just could care less about being online. True players.

My suggestion is take a four day weekend and stay in Ludington. Play the three Mason County courses, Leviathan, and a WHOLE day (maybe two) for Flip City.

For just a weekend trip, flt into Muskegon, camp at Flip City and play for a day. Maybe take a trip twenty miles north and play the Mason County course Beast.

AND if you make it this way let me know. It is such a small community that we all can "hook" you up with info and some inside secrets.

If anyone heads out to the Muskegon/West MI area to play some disc you should also check out Whitehall, Branstrom park, and McGraft.
I've never played FC so i can't tell you how they compare, But they are all still decently cool courses

If you're west of Lake Michigan and shudder at the thought of driving through Chicago and all the way around the Lake, you could always look into The SS Badger...leaves from Manitowoc (so if you've got time to kill, you could always play Silver Creek, or head about 12 miles south and check out the less-crowded LTC), and lands right in Ludington. It's a car ferry, so you can bring your wheels, play any/all of the Ludington courses, head 30 miles down to Shelby to play Flip City, and ride back across the Lake. Saves the miles, and the ferry's got enough on board--including a bar and arcade--that you won't get too bored in the 3+ hours it takes to cross Lake MI. My wife and kids and I plan on doing exactly what I've outlined above this fall, when the SS Badger's rates are reduced.

Can't wait to make my return to Flip City here in two weeks. This course is off the hook and it is just outside of the Rothbury Music Festival site. Two great reasons to drive from Oregon to Michigan every summer. Thanks for the lowdown of the Lucky Mud course. That's close to home and now next on my list...

Is there a biography on Bill McKenzie anywhere? I'd love to read about his life and his story.

Man... wish I would have taken the badger 2 years ago when we went to flip. Could have knocked out a couple more states :/

Latest posts