• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Force Love

Anybody ever mess around with lower weight ESP forces? I just grabbed a 164-166 hoping it will turn a little when thrown flat. It has a slight dome to it compared to my z.

yeah they turn a good bit out of the box in lighter weights with dome.

To me I feel there are 2 types of molds for forces out there... Ones with dome and ones that are flat. Flat=overstable with no turn at all. Dome=slight turn out of the box and will break in over time to turn more and more especially in esp plastic.

It's also been my experience that the glide is INSANE on the dome forces that turn and break in... pretty awesome! The smaller rim makes it easier to throw and more accurate, and the dome and increased glide allows it to keep up with my nukes. By far my favorite distance driver to date...

Took my 164-166 ESP force out today and I am in love. Without a doubt kicking my destroyer out of my bag. Consistent small turn to fade every throw. I threw some BOMBS today that would have flipped my destroyer into oblivion and the force fought back every time.

yup these are money! great because in z plastic they are much more stable and have no turn at all

It's a great mold to have all shots covered... Anny's will take a bit to break an esp in to that degree, but even those once they break it... BOOM! Bombers...

How are your X Forces flying?

I've only got to throw mine a handful of times but I love it so far. It's 172g and i flys like the ESP that I've beat up over a year and a half. It's got a decent amount of turn and a solid fade at then end with fantastic glide. I can't wait to beat it in to a massive turnover/roller machine.

I'm a sucker for Flat Z Forces - quickly becoming my favorite OS distance driver ... kicked out my Villains in a hurry.

methinks a z force/esp force/x force could probably handle all distance needs? possibly better than a destroyer?

how would you say an x force compares to a pro destroyer? how far are you guys throwing the x force?

methinks a z force/esp force/x force could probably handle all distance needs? possibly better than a destroyer?

how would you say an x force compares to a pro destroyer? how far are you guys throwing the x force?

I described the flight a couple posts ago. I'd say it's pretty similar to a Pro Destroyer. A small turn and solid fade with great glide. I used 2 Zs and an ESP for a few years, now it looks like I'll need to add an X Force to the mix. X, ESP, and Z Forces would definitely make a solid distance set up. Especially after the X and ESP beat in a bit.

In my experience, the X has a bit more glide than my beat ESP. The Xs have a bit more dome to them than my ESPs which may relate to the added glide.

I described the flight a couple posts ago. I'd say it's pretty similar to a Pro Destroyer. A small turn and solid fade with great glide. I used 2 Zs and an ESP for a few years, now it looks like I'll need to add an X Force to the mix. X, ESP, and Z Forces would definitely make a solid distance set up. Especially after the X and ESP beat in a bit.

don't know quite how i missed that. :doh: thanks.

i'm thinking about doing the same. nice and simple, just start off using the ESP as a headwind/hyzer distance driver and the x as a max distance driver. once the ESP seasons, roll the Z in there and call it good.

Yup! I love forces! Everyone says hurricanes have more glide but I don't see it. I nice broke in esp (not worn) glides out super nice!

I have moved to the world for straight hyzer shots. I can get more distance then with the z. But the z is better for the head winds!

don't know quite how i missed that. :doh: thanks.

i'm thinking about doing the same. nice and simple, just start off using the ESP as a headwind/hyzer distance driver and the x as a max distance driver. once the ESP seasons, roll the Z in there and call it good.

It's all good! :)

You may want to add a Z and ESP in your bag to start. Some fresh ESPs I've seen can get some turn into a moderate headwind. Most of my fresh ESPs that do this are fairly flat with a lower PLH. My moderately domey ones will only turn into stronger headwinds, but it's enough turn to turn to a Z.
All the Z's I've thrown are nice and OS. The flat ones actually seem a bit more overstable. I believe it's because they were run in the Ti mold. All my flat ones I have are post Ti Force production. I only use a Ti Force for when there's MASSIVE headwinds, otherwise it's a monster meathook.

Yeah if you are getting into forces there are basically flat runs and domier runs.

The flat ones are generally more over stable especially in z! And have less glide.

The domier ones seem to have a slight turn to them with a nice fade at the end with GREAT glide.

All TI forces I have thrown are complete meat hooks. Pretty much a waste of space in the bag if you ask me.

yeah, i don't really mind the variation. much less than destroyers. this is the amount of variation i prefer; nothing too crazy, just enough to fill the slots.

yeah, i don't really mind the variation. much less than destroyers. this is the amount of variation i prefer; nothing too crazy, just enough to fill the slots.

Yup! And you know visually what you are getting when you are looking at them. No surprises.

Dang. Snagged an x force today. It is surprisingly overstable, I really expected some turn out of this but I had to torque it to see any. Despite its HSS and LSS, it was extremely glidey. I am excited to break it in and I can see myself throwing forces exclusively for distance. very good disc imo and I would recommend it absolutely.