• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funniest/weirdest thing you've seen on the course

Hands down Seanmeacham drilling this kid in the ribs who had been an ass hole all day. This wasnt like a close range putt or something. Driver off the tee and that kid can really bomb it too.

We were playing Middle Creek dgc in Cary, Nc, and the park also houses a high school and a softball/baseball complex.

We were about to tee off on 18 when we saw a softball pitcher and catcher, in the middle of the fairway. So we stood there for a minute, seeing if they would let us play through or not. They didn't, so we yelled, "Heads up!". They replied, "Really!?" as if we were intruding. Let me be clear, there was more than enough space for them to warm up, by more I mean a ultimate field mre.

They bitched at us as we walked past, but we didn't say anything.

that is a very cool idea, that way bozos dont steal your disc:D

There is a course in Davidson, NC called Bracket's Bluff and it is private and there is a creek running through it, and the owner of the land has placed rubber waiters on the edge so you can go in and get it.

I saw some 250+ pound gothic kids having a birthday in the middle of the fairway once, ohh and they were like 25. there mom was serving cake with birthday hats on, it was really wierd.

I saw some 250+ pound gothic kids having a birthday in the middle of the fairway once, ohh and they were like 25. there mom was serving cake with birthday hats on, it was really wierd.

That doesn't sound close to believable, but if it is...WTF :D

That reminds me of a couple of things I saw last year at my home course. My home course is very close to the river, and it floods during heavy rains. At hole number three, for the longest, there was a Toyota rim with a tire on it, just sitting off in the woods about 20 feet behind the basket. One day when we were playing ,we were getting near the basket, and noticed that someone placed that tire and rim in the basket. I thought that was weird.

On the next hole, for the longest , we noticed right behind the basket, about 20ft up in the air, there was located a 15 inch computer monitor. We always thought it was strange.

Is it close to a college campus?

I've seen stuff hanging in trees (not in a dg course, but in trees) where there was a college located near by. Random stuff from traffic cones, to dolls, etc.

edit: ooo forgot I double posted =(

One of our local courses has a group of about 15-20 rather large females doing exercises on the 17th tee. They set up their boom box and equipment and do their lunges and other exercises in the fairway. Makes for some interesting obstacles as you tee off because they refuse to move.

(funny part is, the parks and recs dept has run them off at least three different times.)

Saw one big guy tee off, slip off of the tee, do a front roll and roll about 10 ft. down the hill.
Today, I get ready to tee off on the last hole at Wellspring and just as I am about to throw I see a guy and girl riding horses through the fairway.

I arrived one morning to set up registration for a tournament I was running to find two people camping on #1's green. It was the morning after a big concert that was at the stadium. I was surprised there weren't more.

I forgot to post this when it happened about a month ago. Lobdell Reserve has horse back riding happen occassionally through the course area as I've heard but never seen. Until my most recent visit when I threw a second drive on hole 10, turned it over and had to dig it out of the woods. When I came out of the woods there were about 6 people on horseback riding past my original lie while I prayed one didn't step or poop on the disc.

I went to Iowa for a concert and we played a course out there. It started in a field then funneled into some wooded area...we are about to tee off when about 35 feet out theres a 50lb coyote walking in circles around a tree then walking towards me and my friends.

there was another group of people playing behind us. one of the guys crouched down and started to pet it like it was a dog...we decided to move along quickly

I arrived one morning to set up registration for a tournament I was running to find two people camping on #1's green. It was the morning after a big concert that was at the stadium. I was surprised there weren't more.

haha that reminds me of a time i was playing at tom mcclain park in san antonio and we get up to a teebox and there is a guy passed out cold in the dirt right to the side of the box...a freakin train was going by less than 1/4 mile from us and the dude didnt budge...he was creepy lookin so i didnt wanna wake him up (we did however check to see that he was still breathing), so we threw and got out of there asap. he was gone by the time we got to that hole on our second round

Ive always had issues with the 10th hole of Riverside North in Grand Rapids Michigan, (my home Course). On one side of the hole you have the Grand River on one side and a high traffic path on the other side. Ive had two major incidents with this hole. My first time playing this hole I make a horrible Drive which heads right towards the path on a night that the park is incredibly crowded. My FireBird nearly scalps two old guys, and will land in one of those baby carrier things that are pulled by bikes. I end up having to chase this guy down for nearly a quarter of a mile to get my disc back. He decides to argue that its his childs until I point out that my name is on the back. A few times later I end up making another bad throw, (which seems to be a theme with this hole.) I made a half decent drive and Im throwing my midrange which ends up 20 feet past the hole, and five feet from creek that leads into the river. I make a nice putt that goes in but Im left pretty unbalanced and tumble in the mud, straight back into the creek. I reall hate this hole

Riverside is my home course, i play there 5 times a week, and i LOVE hole 10 almost aced it alot of times, but hole 9, now that 1 i hate LOL. i think i hit those 2 trees in the middle, every time? unles i go right of them, inwhich i hit the other ones further out.

BTW, how often you go to riverside?

I forgot to post this when it happened about a month ago. Lobdell Reserve has horse back riding happen occasionally through the course area as I've heard but never seen. Until my most recent visit when I threw a second drive on hole 10, turned it over and had to dig it out of the woods. When I came out of the woods there were about 6 people on horseback riding past my original lie while I prayed one didn't step or poop on the disc.

You just triggered my memory. I was at my home course of River Grove Park in Kingwood,TX, and there is a horse stable about a 1/4 mile away. These two girls go riding past us on the # 2 fairway on horse back. They must have rode the whole course , because on hole # 9 there were some pretty big horse plops. I am glad my disc didn't land near there.

One of our local courses has a group of about 15-20 rather large females doing exercises on the 17th tee. They set up their boom box and equipment and do their lunges and other exercises in the fairway. Makes for some interesting obstacles as you tee off because they refuse to move.

(funny part is, the parks and recs dept has run them off at least three different times.)

Ha! You have had an encounter with Lenora's Angels too!!??

My post from June 9:

We came up over the hill on 11 today at Lenora and there was a fat chick boot camp of some sorts going on behind 12s tee. As we approach the tee the guy blows his whistle and makes the fat women run up the hill to 12s basket and back...totally ignoring our presence.

The instructor proceeded to stand in front of the tee pad about 30' away and totally ignored us. My friend tee'd off right over his head.

Later on, when we rounded back around they were still there and were half blocking the fairway of 17. I teed off and yelled "fore" and landed within about 8' of a woman about the size of Nell Carter in her prime...she turned around and gave me the stink-eye, which I shrugged.

I then had to take my lie behind her and proceeded to putt over her...I landed about 4' from the basket.

I don't like being so blatantly rude but we heard people yell fore several times during our round so these people just ignored the fact that they were on a golf course.

The guys behind us got even closer than I did...we all laughed about it at the end.

The messed up part is there are fields all over the park that have no other activities in them.

Would you work out in the middle of a football field during a game? It's just damn stupid.

I wish I had a good picture of it, didn't think of getting the camera phone out in time. But I was waiting for a guy who had found a disc of mine to get to the course. He shows up and I get my disc back. He asks if I would like to play a round with a couple guys.

So we're getting close to the pin at #7 at Kilborne TPC. I'm waiting on borndasaur to throw his approach and we hear a bell ringing. All of a sudden, out of the trees comes a mexican man selling ice cream out of a wheeled ice chest. So we waited as he just strolled through, taking his sweet ass time. Lets just say that he's lucky he had those obnoxious bells on his cart. I don't think he would have been too happy getting rung with a good shot.

I wish I had a good picture of it, didn't think of getting the camera phone out in time. But I was waiting for a guy who had found a disc of mine to get to the course. He shows up and I get my disc back. He asks if I would like to play a round with a couple guys.

So we're getting close to the pin at #7 at Kilborne TPC. I'm waiting on borndasaur to throw his approach and we hear a bell ringing. All of a sudden, out of the trees comes a mexican man selling ice cream out of a wheeled ice chest. So we waited as he just strolled through, taking his sweet ass time. Lets just say that he's lucky he had those obnoxious bells on his cart. I don't think he would have been too happy getting rung with a good shot.

We had a guy doing that last week , selling drinks and things, but he stayed on the sidewalks.