• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funniest/weirdest thing you've seen on the course

This almost belongs ina terminology thread, but here it is.

A guy in the group in front of us drives hard. His release is perfect but he just cliped a tree and it shot off into the woods making for a horrible lie. His buddy looked at him and said, "Man, you totally Obama'd that one". So I was like, Obama'd? He looked and me and explained, "It is when something looks like it is going to be awesome, then it sucks." Hmm, I guess that is less offensive then Bonoed.

:hfive:

uniracers-screenshot.png

i still have that game :cool:

This almost belongs ina terminology thread, but here it is.

A guy in the group in front of us drives hard. His release is perfect but he just cliped a tree and it shot off into the woods making for a horrible lie. His buddy looked at him and said, "Man, you totally Obama'd that one". So I was like, Obama'd? He looked and me and explained, "It is when something looks like it is going to be awesome, then it sucks." Hmm, I guess that is less offensive then Bonoed.

nice, i think i am going to have to use that!

I went to meet a buddy of mine at a course but he was running late as normal. I ran into a kid who showed me another course when I was a first timer and he asked if I would play with him and his friend. His friend brought a unicycle and was riding that between holes. He was also only throwing rolling discs.

This sounds like a great idea! Maybe I'll try it. Discing and unicycling at the same time, sweet!

there's a vietnam vet, amputated legs at the knees, where i play. he cruises on his electric wheelchair, american flag hanging on the back, and a radio always tuned to classic rock. he's a bad ass for sure.

You should try to get him to throw a couple, I bet you could get a good flick from a wheel chair. How kick ass would it be to have some dude tearassing around the course whoopin' up on kids?

at goldenrod in davison i saw a kid get his disc stuck way up in a tree on the hole you see from the parking lot. he then proceeded to climb up it to a good sized limb that would hold his weight easily. he then fell backwards landing on his hip and proceeded to do this crying/yelling noise and next an old man came up with a disc threw straight up at the stuck disc and it fell first try. all while i stood on the tee pad with my friend waiting to throw

I was playing the 9-hole in Burlington MA and on hole 2 a bird hopped out of the bush that sits in front of the basket and pooped on my then new Leopard. I scrubbed it off on the grass the best I could but there was absolutely no water around. I didn't want to open any of my seltzers right then so I played the whole course with the faint outline of the stain on my #1 disc.

I know, not earth shattering but I'll have more hopefully soon.

It wasn't on the course, but I was practicing at a soccer field right next to a baseball field and the team at bat hit three homers in a row! No joke! I thought I was under fire, lol. The pitcher musta sucked pretty much, but still that's kinda cool!

We were at Terramont Park last year, a park with a huge man made hill that the course goes up and down, and across. There was some kind of Cub Scout thing going on, and some of them were building a Tee-pee right in the middle of the #7 fairway. We gave up and went to another course down the road.

Latest posts