• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funniest/weirdest thing you've seen on the course

Another one from Parma. Hole # 15 of the new layout, guy with no shirt on comes riding up on a minibike "looking for his dog". You know, because dogs and other animals are attracted to the sound of an unlicensed motor vehicles speeding around.

While Disc Golfin at Herbert Hoover DGC in Newberg, OR, I through my disc into the creek right after doing horrible on the two previous holes, right as I got out I said to my buddy Taylor, "this day couldn't get any worse" and then a freakin pigeon pooped on my shoulder. It was like a cartoon...

In response to Gizoink's post. We have this ABSOLUTE **** head who brings his dog, unleashed, to Belmont and plays. His dog is really fat and slow and likes to chase discs off the tee while barking but never actually gets to them or tries to pick them up for that matter. I've chewed this guy out at least 3 times now because it seems the ONLY freaking days he goes out there to throw is during tournaments. I've had more bad drives because of that stupid freaking dog than I can count. I wish this jackass would just leave it at home. During a recent tournament our group was teeing off on hole 11 and the dog was just eyeballing us, I asked him to handle his dog so we could throw without distraction. He just stood there and did nothing about his dog, I picked a disc out of his bag and threw it in the opposite direction to get rid of the dog. Got some dirty looks from the dumbass and proceeded to park my drive.

I recently played bart and had a couple of goofs.

Threw a turnover shot with a storm on a short hole by the softball fields. It caught in the wind went over not only the first fence but also the second fence(yeah weird to have 2 diff outfield fences). I barely got over the taller outside fence to realize I couldn't get over the smaller fence due to a fragile plastic tubing that was on the top of it. I didn't want to damage the tubing in front of all the girls practicing or slip and split me jewels. So I got to jump the fence to get back out and do the walk of shame. The girls said absolutely nothing as I walked through and Jgillia was heckling me the whole way. Thanks you DBAG

Then on the same round on the final hole(hole 15) I pitched a hyzer out over the street to have it stall in the wind and stick in the back of a truck that was driving by(it stuck in the platform of a manlift that it was pulling behind it to be exact). I don't ink my discs so bye bye nuke.

This past fall at Sedgley I threw a drive on hole 7 that kinda slipped, leading the disc to hyzer about 200 feet, skip, and nail some unsuspecting dude directly in the nads. All this happened behind a bush so I didn't know till I walked over and saw him laying on the ground holding his crotch, with his buddies around cracking up. I felt horrible and apologised, and luckily he was pretty cool about it and just laughed it off... pretty funny thinking about it now though!

aj

Exhibit A on why I refuse to play Sedgley. Nearly every single hole is like that.

Most.Dangerous.Course.Ever.

In response to Gizoink's post. We have this ABSOLUTE **** head who brings his dog, unleashed, to Belmont and plays. His dog is really fat and slow and likes to chase discs off the tee while barking but never actually gets to them or tries to pick them up for that matter. I've chewed this guy out at least 3 times now because it seems the ONLY freaking days he goes out there to throw is during tournaments. I've had more bad drives because of that stupid freaking dog than I can count. I wish this jackass would just leave it at home. During a recent tournament our group was teeing off on hole 11 and the dog was just eyeballing us, I asked him to handle his dog so we could throw without distraction. He just stood there and did nothing about his dog, I picked a disc out of his bag and threw it in the opposite direction to get rid of the dog. Got some dirty looks from the dumbass and proceeded to park my drive.
I've concluded that people who don't play DG have no clue in hell about how valuable our discs are to us. Either that, or they just don't take us seriously, which is a shame. Plus, being a DGer and allowing your dog to chase after other people's property is classless.

it's not the funniest ever, but ranks up there: i saw this teenager quit disc golf on the spot. 12th hole of the course, reached back into his drawstring backpack and pulls out Banshee and Stingray, dropped them where he stood, and started walking down the sidewalk away from the course.

I was at Lenora Church Park in Snellville, Ga. Hole 7, we had all thrown our drives and were walking to my buddies which was the closest, barely 50 feet away. When we got to it, he was looking backward so I turned to tell him to get his damm disc! As I turned my head I heard screeching tires and looked past him just in time to see a head-on collision at the entrance of the park nearly 500 yards away! It was between a black Dodge Ram and a bright yellow Mustang. I saw the entire wreck take place, and the Mustang somehow did a front flip, ass over ankles, and landed on its tires in the ditch. One of the best wrecks I have ever witnessed, and amazing how the timing worked so that all my friends saw only the car landing, but me and my buddy whose shot it was saw the whole flip. They still don't believe that it was a 360 tailpipe over tip of the nose, but I swear on a stack of "God is Not Great"s :D

My girlfriend at the time was getting good and decided to throw on a water hole where the river was perpendicular to the hole layout. Disc one goes into the river. I take off my jeans and shirt and jump into the river with my on boxers. Grab her disc, toss it to her, she apparently thinks this means try again and tosses it back into the river, so I'm back in the river. This time as I'm climbing out of the river I see a mom and her children walking by. She screams at the sight of me (only assuming she didnt see my undies and thought I was nude) grabs her children by the hands and they do a 180 degree turn and walk very quickly away. I laughed about that one for a while.

I threw RHBH on hole #1 at River Hill in Lexington Ky., and barely nicked a branch causing my disc to turn-over but still keep its flight. It sails OB and out over the road that runs parallel to the hole at exactly the same time as a car was driving by in the same direction as my disc was travelling. I stand like a deer-in-headlights and watch as my disc FLYS DIRECTLY INTO THE DRIVER'S SIDE WINDOW (the only window that is rolled down) of the MOVING vehicle about 300' away. So, I'm yelling in disbelief "that went in the car" as my buddy is yelling "no way". Our debate was quickly settled when the driver threw my disc back out the window onto the road without even pressing the brakes. We laughed about it the entire round, and still talk about it all the time. It was truly incredible!

Cliffs:

-Disc hit tree causing it to fly OB
-Disc flew into a passing car's driver's side window
-Driver throws disc out car window
-Hilarity ensues

Buddy of mine Randy Johnsoned a Bird at Parma. So far all my stories have happened at Parma. Hilton is a weird place man...

During a recent tournament our group was teeing off on hole 11 and the dog was just eyeballing us, I asked him to handle his dog so we could throw without distraction. He just stood there and did nothing about his dog, I picked a disc out of his bag and threw it in the opposite direction to get rid of the dog. Got some dirty looks from the dumbass and proceeded to park my drive.

2 stroke penalty. No questions asked.:D

Saw 2 guys doing Airbender moves from The Last Airbender. They were in the fairway where #13 and #17 cross wearing robes and drawing symbols in the ground with staffs. I wouldn't have known what the hell they were doing except my son watches the cartoon constantly. They pretended to or just didn't hear anyone asking them to please move. We watched about 6 groups have to play around them. Grown Men Airbending Mando.

Saw 2 guys doing Airbender moves from The Last Airbender. They were in the fairway where #13 and #17 cross wearing robes and drawing symbols in the ground with staffs. I wouldn't have known what the hell they were doing except my son watches the cartoon constantly. They pretended to or just didn't hear anyone asking them to please move. We watched about 6 groups have to play around them. Grown Men Airbending Mando.

Lol! The local "fantasy role-playing" club meets at Ellison all the time! We'll pull in and there will be 30-40 kids and adults dressed as various elves, wizards, hobbits, etc. All engaged in a full scale war with foam weapons.

If someone gets hit in the leg, they have to hop on the other foot. It's friggin' hilarious to watch while we're warming up!

If anybody has seen the movie "Role Models", that's what we're dealing with.

Lol! The local "fantasy role-playing" club meets at Ellison all the time! We'll pull in and there will be 30-40 kids and adults dressed as various elves, wizards, hobbits, etc. All engaged in a full scale war with foam weapons.

If someone gets hit in the leg, they have to hop on the other foot. It's friggin' hilarious to watch while we're warming up!

We have the same thing at Veterans Park. Knights, wenches, squires.......and disc golf.

Ha Ha Ha! The Ellison LARPers! Every Sunday in the summer the knoll around the parking lot turns into Gondor!

Watched a middle-aged man twirl a pole above is head in front of the pond near hole 16 at Anson B. Nixon (Kennet); must need to keep his bow-staff skills finely tuned, I suppose.

Ha Ha Ha! The Ellison LARPers! Every Sunday in the summer the knoll around the parking lot turns into Gondor!

Will they be there for Worlds? That might be entertaining to see...

...once, for about a minute.

Will they be there for Worlds? That might be entertaining to see...

...once, for about a minute.

I'm not sure what day they're playing Ellison. There's no daily course schedule yet, but I think the finals will be on Sunday, and probably not at Ellison. It would be awesome to see them in the background of any YouTube vids, though!

I wish they would release a schedule, so I know which days I need to take off... Not playing, but really want to watch a couple of our courses get roughed up!

Latest posts