• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Wizard

I was lucky enough to get an extra supporter wizard from gateway today, I bought one from PIAS when they came out. My goodness they feel velvety nice, but I don't think I can bring myself to throw either.

Fairly new wizard thrower here. I bounce back between them and the judges.

Jesus Christ some of the most complicated plastic runs to up keep with though.

I recently bought some wizards that were kind of like the sss but with a drier feel to them so to speak. Man, they smudge/beat up quick. And yes collect dirt because they beat up so quick.

But they have been choice putters for winter.

I just ordered some blank top heavy weights super stupid softs (sss) from marshall and can't wait. Really, need to decide on a plastic type for the wizards and start stocking up.

Right now I think a classic blend leaning more towards classic than blend is what I prefer in the judges.

So, unless the wizard gurus know more than I, thinking the sss is the closest blend to the classic blend judge with a tiny hint more rigidity.

SSS and Eraser are dirt magnets, even a towel in between putts hardly helps. The things don't feel real again until I rinse them off after each round. SS also tends to collect more dirt than DX and Pro D, IME.

Fairly new wizard thrower here. I bounce back between them and the judges.

Jesus Christ some of the most complicated plastic runs to up keep with though.

I recently bought some wizards that were kind of like the sss but with a drier feel to them so to speak. Man, they smudge/beat up quick. And yes collect dirt because they beat up so quick.

But they have been choice putters for winter.

I just ordered some blank top heavy weights super stupid softs (sss) from marshall and can't wait. Really, need to decide on a plastic type for the wizards and start stocking up.

Right now I think a classic blend leaning more towards classic than blend is what I prefer in the judges.

So, unless the wizard gurus know more than I, thinking the sss is the closest blend to the classic blend judge with a tiny hint more rigidity.

It's brutal knowing how many different wizard blends are available. I would just go with the first one that feels right and try not to think about it.

Bump, because there are way to many GYRO threads at the top.

Stuck putts all weekend with SSS and Soft Wizards. Good times.

Timely yhread bump. I settled on wizards when my brother gave me a couple glow wizards for Christmas year before last since we were finishing our rounds in the dark. Since then I've fallen in love but keep wondering how to settle on which plastic?

I have glow and that are really stiff and a bit hard but all of them are beat up nicely to grab chains but they can roll and bounce. I have some EVO that feel like they're made from super balls. I picked up an organic SS and SSS. Like them. Both.

Without buying one or two of every wizard plastic out there how do you pick out which plastic?

I personally like putters as stiff as possible, so that helps a little. I will say all the blends available for the Wizard is both a good and bad thing. If you describe what you are looking for, some on here can help you along. I've even heard of people emailing gateway and telling them what they are after and getting it exact.

Or pick any putter you like, from ANY brand, and mail it to Gateway. the postage will cost you about $3, and they will then be able to call you and talk through with you how close they can get, whether you want firmer, softer, grittier, velvetier, etc.