• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Wizard

Don't have it in the hand right now... felt good to me. Hopefully one of the Wizard guys gets CTP next week and it's a blend they like.

Wizard dudes!! How have the PWP Wizards been molding up lately? Just got some in an aucion and Im wondering what to expect.

Stiff. Pretty flat, but a slightly higher shoulder.. Nicely grippy. Not QUITE as flat and low shouldered as I'd prefer, but I like really low profile wizards.

Stiff. Pretty flat, but a slightly higher shoulder.. Nicely grippy. Not QUITE as flat and low shouldered as I'd prefer, but I like really low profile wizards.

Awesome. Thanks for the response.
Im actually a fan of a nice medium profile Wizard, so I should be in luck.

I would agree with those descriptions. Pretty flat across the top, but I guess the shoulder is a bit high

I would agree with those descriptions. Pretty flat across the top, but I guess the shoulder is a bit high

I used to throw wizards and i liked the higher shoulder for putts inside the circle. With the perimeter weighting it seemed to help them stay in the air longer when using less power. That little extra glide kept me off the cage.

For driving and long approaches i preferred low profile. If my new challengers dont work like i feel they will, i will be right back to the wizard.

I used to throw wizards and i liked the higher shoulder for putts inside the circle. With the perimeter weighting it seemed to help them stay in the air longer when using less power. That little extra glide kept me off the cage.

For driving and long approaches i preferred low profile. If my new challengers dont work like i feel they will, i will be right back to the wizard.
I'm also a fan of taller Wizards for putting. The two lunar Wizards I picked up recently have a high shoulder. I'm hoping all the lunars come out this way. They are in the SSS range.

picture.php

Can any of you wizard experts give me some more info on SB wizards? Is there a breakdown of the different SB variations? For example, what does sb-25 stand for? I've also seen different corresponding number. Do the Sb's come in different flexes like SS or SSS? Also, do they all tend to mold up with flat tops, and low shoulders? Thanks in advance for any info.

SBs are all over the place. Each "Special Blend" is a unique blend. Call someone at Gateway if you want to know the relative properties of any particular one.

Latest posts