• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Wizard

I personally like putters as stiff as possible, so that helps a little. I will say all the blends available for the Wizard is both a good and bad thing. If you describe what you are looking for, some on here can help you along. I've even heard of people emailing gateway and telling them what they are after and getting it exact.

It sucks when you first get into gateway, for sure.

I tried my first $$$ wizard today.. Looks like I'm going to have to buy a stack and let my ss and sss wizards collect some dust. Those money wizards are nice!

It's super weird in the way that it's the only disc to stay in my bag for more than any extended amount of time! 1 month is a long time for a disc to hang out in my bag and that weird wizard is going on 3 years ��

Oh I know, I was just trying to trigger ranger. I've thrown Wizards, just not mine.

Don't listen to him. He legit hates wizards but can't take the heat now.

Destroy him.

bb0719885bc584194877705d153bc11c.jpg

I'm surprised Dave hasn't attempted to have a "premium plastic mold" cut for Wizards to try and produce a baseline Wizard in premium blends. The mold is his bread and butter, after all.

I'm surprised Dave hasn't attempted to have a "premium plastic mold" cut for Wizards to try and produce a baseline Wizard in premium blends. The mold is his bread and butter, after all.

I'm not sure it's necessary though, those of us who throw these (both some baseline plastic, and evo) pretty much know how they fly differently. The same is true, IMO, for many molds and manufacturers. But it's an interesting observation.

I have thrown premium plastic Wizards that fly similar to the base plastic. I know a majority of them fly more OS out of the box but not all... I currently bag an early run Platinum Wizard that is absolutely money/straight. I also have some older Evo Proline Wizards that are very floaty.

I have too many putters....but John Tompkins is a cool dude and wouldn't mind picking up a set of these. Lot's of guys in my area putt these. Bottom stamped with the corresponding weapon (at least the ones I've seen.)
image_1f1ce1cc-f9f5-4c95-b5ce-a5215296bfb1_grande.jpg