• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Gator3

gammaxgoblin

Eagle Member
I missed the limited release and this was the response from Innova...Good News!

"The Pre-Release CFR version of the Gator3 was a limited release, and will not become available again. However, at this point it seems that the feedback from this release has been very positive, and it looks like the Gator3 would be moving into Full Production soon. You will likely see the Gator3's available at many retailers across the country, as well as right here at the Factory Store, in the near future. "

Yeah. Everyone wants a board flat ROG style Gator so Gator3 makes sense. It'll be well received would be my guess. There are some pics and discussion about this in the Gator advice thread.

I missed the limited release and this was the response from Innova...Good News!

"The Pre-Release CFR version of the Gator3 was a limited release, and will not become available again. However, at this point it seems that the feedback from this release has been very positive, and it looks like the Gator3 would be moving into Full Production soon. You will likely see the Gator3's available at many retailers across the country, as well as right here at the Factory Store, in the near future. "

Will they ever run a FB3? I suspect the same thing would happen.

Yeah. Everyone wants a board flat ROG style Gator so Gator3 makes sense. It'll be well received would be my guess. There are some pics and discussion about this in the Gator advice thread.

For those who use the USDGC Champion ROC's yes. Others just use the MF and look for as no domed as they get because they were tired of waiting.

Mmmm, my first run's are pretty flat and I find 'em every time I reach in my bag.;)

I'm new to the world of Gator magic. First one ever was an F2 (most trial discs are for me) but it looks like every other no board flat one. And I love it, just on most of my touch discs I prefer a flat to BC of the difference in grips I use. So, yeah Gator 3 I'm in.

I'm new to the world of Gator magic. First one ever was an F2 (most trial discs are for me) but it looks like every other no board flat one. And I love it, just on most of my touch discs I prefer a flat to BC of the difference in grips I use. So, yeah Gator 3 I'm in.

Actually I must confess to replacing the first run in my road bag with a Mortar that's 8g lighter than the 175g Gator. The Mortar has a little more glide and the lighter weight makes touch easier and gives me a bit more range. Still have a first run Gator in my home course bag though.

Actually I must confess to replacing the first run in my road bag with a Mortar that's 8g lighter than the 175g Gator. The Mortar has a little more glide and the lighter weight makes touch easier and gives me a bit more range. Still have a first run Gator in my home course bag though.

I like that big fat bead and for what I use the Gator for less glide is better. But I have heard a lot of people go your direction with the "Gator slot"

I really like this disc. Wind bulldozer! Feels great in the hand and is mega overstable, I love this for helping to control big downhill shots especially in the wind. Super fun!

The Metal Flake is usually a flat top disc 9/10 times it will be from the reviews on Amazon and though it is not as overstable as a Champion or Champion glow Gator, I still think it is worth a shot.

I like that big fat bead and for what I use the Gator for less glide is better. But I have heard a lot of people go your direction with the "Gator slot"

I use a less overstable version of A Gator that is more a putter disc, Lighting U-2 166 grams in prostyle for uphill/downhill putts. at one point till the disc top got warped a micro bit so is no longer a driving putter. I also used it at the approach shot but the disc has too much glide. I found somehow a Max 175 gram Shark 1 in Star one in old Pro has glide like the U-2 but better stopping power.

I use a less overstable version of A Gator that is more a putter disc, Lighting U-2 166 grams in prostyle for uphill/downhill putts. at one point till the disc top got warped a micro bit so is no longer a driving putter. I also used it at the approach shot but the disc has too much glide. I found somehow a Max 175 gram Shark 1 in Star one in old Pro has glide like the U-2 but better stopping power.

Your posts are gold casey! Thank you.

Your posts are gold casey! Thank you.

Yes I do not use the Gator, My brother Still has a MF Champion I got him a few years ago for a birthday gift at 172 grams. He got rid of his Putting DX Gators as on was ready to die. This winter he was looking for a putter so I got him for birthday in March the closest putter to a Gator I could get, 2 Studs at 173 grams. One was lucky and was the same color as his old Putting Gator. Other was more his approach Gator but now his MF Champion Gator is his longer approach disc/his driving putter. Before 2018 you had to go back to mid 2005 when my brother had a true putter in his bag.

Last edited:
Yes I do not use the Gator, My brother Still has a MF Champion I got him a few years ago for a birthday gift at 172 grams. He got rid of his Putting DX Gators as on was ready to die. This winter he was looking for a putter so I got him for birthday in March the closest putter to a Gator I could get, 2 Studs at 173 grams. One was lucky and was the same color as his old Putting Gator. Other was more his approach Gator but now his MF Champion Gator is his longer approach disc/his driving putter. Before 2018 you had to go back to mid 2005 when my brother had a true putter in his bag.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Latest posts