• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Getting bagged

Next year the big guns tourney is supposed to be a 2 day pdga event day one a x tier, whatever that is day 2 a c tier hope that fixes the problem. This was the third year for the tourney and about the tenth event I have played in that the jeff county sharpshooters have hosted, first time ive seen this happen.

I must say I thoroughly enjoyed the English class here on good ol' DGCR.
:thmbup:

We should rename the thread.

After reading 20 reviews at random, I think you'll agree we need a whole sub-forum.

I would send a message to the TD and not come online to whine about it without punctuation.

Ah, open players? Yikes. Disc golf dbaggery at it's finest.

The same kind of thing happened at my last doubles tourney; advanced players in the rec division. I won't be going next year.

Buffalo Grove doubles tourney at 2 of Illinois' finest courses???

Can anyone else vouch for this? Just seems a little far fetched? I could see a team of an upper level adv and upper level int player, playing int., maybe even two advanced playing down if theyve never played there before. But two straight up open players... Sounds fishy.

More likely they just had a good day imo, and you were hurt all up in the butt.

But i still think you should set their bags on fire, report back on how that goes.

Can anyone else vouch for this? Just seems a little far fetched? I could see a team of an upper level adv and upper level int player, playing int., maybe even two advanced playing down if theyve never played there before. But two straight up open players... Sounds fishy.

More likely they just had a good day imo, and you were hurt all up in the butt.

But i still think you should set their bags on fire, report back on how that goes.
It would be interesting to know who they were. St. Louis has a club-based rating system for members, so it would be easy enough to tell if they got hot on the long course or just bagged.

As close as those two clubs are and the amount of overlap they have, you would think the Sharpshooters would use the Flyers ratings for their events to avoid this type of stuff.

Sounds off to me also. Lots of Intermediate rated players play Open in weekly minis at their home course.

I'm rated 950 by the PDGA but I'd like to think I'm a 1000 rated doubles partner.

It wouldn't be too far fetched to say two 930 rated guys could have a great day and shoot on the level of self proclaimed Open players.

I know several 900-920 rated guys that can throw a mile and not putt consistently. But when theyre on, theyre as good as anyone.

Or maybe you got bagged lol, idk. You set their bags on fire yet?

...I'm rated 950 by the PDGA but I'd like to think I'm a 1000 rated doubles partner.

It wouldn't be too far fetched to say two 930 rated guys could have a great day and shoot on the level of self proclaimed Open players.

I will agree with this.

And, all the other remarks about punctuation and proper spelling.
DSCJNKY

He didn't post so that all of you online english professors could criticize his grammar, use of punctuation, etc. Save that for Reddit so people can downvote you there.

as for the OP: That would really bother me and I would make sure that they didn't get away with it again at any other events I was at or participated in. Make sure the TD knows who they are so he can move them up next time.
On the other hand they could have just had a great day. Did their ratings warrant them playing in that division? I play open at my local course, but my rating is 935 and it's been as high as 950. at other courses I play advanced which is where I should be especially now that I focus much more on my DG company and merchandising than I do practicing and getting ready to play the events.

Last edited:
So, the only reason I could see open players bagging it in the intermediate division is money. As is the norm... the largest division always has the largest payout. Typically, at least in my area, intermediate always has the most entries. In a non-pdga event, they may have waited to see which division was the largest and based their division choice on that. D'baggery, but, logical!!

At la mirada weekly's there is alway's overlap. But it was a doubles game and that is super easy to do way better than you normally would by yourself. Especially if they both had massive distance drives. I mean look at happy gilmore! All i'm sayin'.

Just to set the record straight...

So I played in a doubles tourney saturday in the intermediate divison collectively me and my partner shot a 68 from blues and a 66 from reds at west city park in festus mo which put us in 4th place which would be no big deal however first place in our division was won with a 61 blue and 59 red score for a total of 120 which was 3 strokes lower than the best advanced score that day needless to say a lot of people where pissed they were only like 3 strokes grom first in open I have never seen them before but was told there both normally open players so after killing are divison and then out driving every one in our divisons long drive comp by 100 feet plus for even more plastic they seemed to enjoy being called baggers by everyone it really got under my skin enough to the point I wanted to punch them in the face which is odd for me to want to bring violence to a tourney but they genuinely seem ed to enjoy being called sand baggers so has anyone else ever been bagged to the point they wanna kick someones ass ?

First time I have ever posted anything on this site. So sorry if there is an editing issue with the quote but anyways...

To begin this off, my name is John Lynn and my PDGA rating is 901. My StL club rating is 8.81. My buddy Pat that played with me, I won't give out his last name, but his PDGA rating is 886 and his StL rating is 8.62. I played in the intermediate division in the StL Open, which is the prime tournament for the StL area. I did not cash out in the tournament. My buddy, Pat, played rec and I think he took in the top 3 or 5.

Secondly, I have never played in the open division for any event, and my buddy, Pat, has never played in the open divison as well. Furthermore, I think the longest I've ever thrown a disc on flat ground is 475 ft, tops. Pat's longest drive is probably within +/- 15 ft of that. Yeah, I think we have all thrown discs 600+ ft at Sioux Passage throwing down the hill on 13. Also, neither one of us won the long drive competition. In fact, I threw a Champ Blizzard Ape. It went about ~275 ft before it flipped over and rolled backwards about ~15 ft. And, there was only 1 winner, so it was factually impossible for both of us to win the long drive competition. Therefore, we did not win extra plastic. In fact, we won $90 a piece and we donated a total of $6 back to the JCS Club:clap:. And if anyone was wondering, we paid $10 on 50/50 and lost.

Fortunately, Pat and myself probably should have signed up in the advanced division, and yes, we recognize that. However, based upon rating and recent performances, we as a team, felt as if the intermediate division was the necessary division for us to play in. That was also the first time that Pat and myself had been partners together in a doubles event. We ended up starting on a relatively short hole and made a 2 (I can't exactly remeber what hole we started on, that was only my second time playing at this course):wall:. Followed that up with a 2, 3 , 2. After that, things just clicked and we played partner golf. That was also the first time that either one of us had drank 15+ plus beers in a single event. We are hockey players, we like to drink.

So put yourself in our position. You and your partner's rank is within the intermediate range. You get hammered drunk, shoot lights out, and people get upset. To us, we fed on it and performed well in the second round and continued getting hammered. Frankly, you could have called us anything you wanted to at the time and not have gave a s***. This event was supossed to be a for fun event.

So, please don't light my bag, or Pat's bag on fire. Instead, there is other stuff we can light to help cool your jets bro. Afterall, it's just a game my friend.

Peace out to all,

Johnny Lynn

:clap::popcorn::thmbup:

Latest posts