• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Going out on bad days

Do you go out on bad days?

• Yes

Votes: 120 68.6%
  • No

Votes: 13 7.4%
  • If i'm talked into it

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • See how it goes

Votes: 34 19.4%

• Total voters
Anymore, I typically won't go out for casual rounds when it's raining, or there is more than a few inches of snow on the ground - which worked out OK for me last winter since I needed the rest anyway.

Leagues or tournaments, I will generally play if the weather isn't extremely bad.

if my disc can fly with "some" control ill play. ive only walked off the course a few times. once for a blizzard (we tried to sneak a round in, no snow when we started, by hole 3 there was a 3-4 inches. it was awful!). the other times have just been hardcore down pours. the ones that its raining so hard it pushes the disc down.

Forecast around here is looking pretty grim the next couple days. I still wanna play though.

Myself, Prerube, and Simpletwist threw in that awful wind yesterday! Our scorecards may not have been happy, but we had a blast! Parma was totally flooded. It was pretty funny to watch the discs attempt to fight the wind. "Attempt" being the key word.

Aint no body gonna hold me down, oh no, I gotz to keep on throwin'

more pics and videos later, but we played in the rain and heavy wind on a flooded course. I lost 2 swedish putters :(.

Pic is Cheifstang and a friend of his

See! For the record, I wasn't leaning on that tree when I made my putt!!!

After this round I threw two more in the wind at Ellison. What can I say... I'm a glutton for punishment! At this point I've played in every weather condition you can think of, sometimes in the same afternoon. Anybody who's been to upstate, NY knows how that can be.

jesus, take your friggin panties off. do you need a caddy every round too? im guessin your the guy playin every shot from the fairway and throw from the super, super short tees. maybe you should stay home tomorrow, might be a chance of slight pussy eatin weather

Wow, you're a very cool guy! How's that interwebs trash talking degenerate bully douche bag persona working out for ya?

I don't play in an active volcano… Does that also make me a pussy?

sorry kaos couldnt help myself.

Couldnt resist making yourself out to be a douche? If thats what you were trying to do, job well done.

Back to the thread, I play on most windy/rainy days. This was the first year I ever got out and tried snow golf. It was a good time

I find myself going out in bad conditions less now that I'm in the midwest.

On the west coast it never crossed my mind to not go out in bad conditions

Myself, Prerube, and Simpletwist threw in that awful wind yesterday! Our scorecards may not have been happy, but we had a blast! Parma was totally flooded. It was pretty funny to watch the discs attempt to fight the wind. "Attempt" being the key word.

See! For the record, I wasn't leaning on that tree when I made my putt!!!

After this round I threw two more in the wind at Ellison. What can I say... I'm a glutton for punishment! At this point I've played in every weather condition you can think of, sometimes in the same afternoon. Anybody who's been to upstate, NY knows how that can be.

I know I had a hellava good time. Then I drove an hour and 45 minutes to play in an even more flodded course with the temps closing in on the freezing mark. At least the wind died down to about 20+ instead of the 30-40+ gusts yesterday.

Now that I think of it there are no bad days when I'm out on the course.

I play primarily because I genuinely enjoy the game, and will play when conditions are less than ideal (upper 30's , drizzle, stiff wind = OK). But when it's literally freezing, raining, or birds have trouble flying, I simply don't enjoy playing. I also don't like playing low lying courses the day after a heavy rain - slogging through mud just doesn't appeal to me (maybe for a few holes, but some courses suck after a hard rain). :gross:

To those of you who still enjoy a round in what I consider to truly inclement weather, more power to you. But if you're not having fun, what's the point in being out there? :confused: I'd rather be doing something I enjoy.

I don't often compete in tourneys, so for the most part, I choose when and where I want to play, and I choose to play for enjoyment, not to brave the elements.

I won't play right now cause I don't have scuba gear and I'm unsure of swim characteristics, though maybe the barracuda I have would do pretty well?

we had some ridiculous weather here last friday, huge winds and sleet. but we were out playing anyway, played terrible but it was one of the most memorable days of disc golf i've had.

we were missing long on 30 ft. pancake shots. and we were playing putter only league, not exactly wind friendly

we had some ridiculous weather here last friday, huge winds and sleet. but we were out playing anyway, played terrible but it was one of the most memorable days of disc golf i've had.

we were missing long on 30 ft. pancake shots. and we were playing putter only league, not exactly wind friendly

:popcorn:

i avoid playing in rain and wet conditions, but i normally play by myself so that's part of it, but occasionally a buddy of mine talks me into playing in crazy weather like this one tournament back in December where the weather was like 10 degrees with 20+ mile per hour winds it was nuts i shot like +36 on the day it was awful

Always!

My friend and I played a round of dg when the high was 22 and there was 30 mph wind! Hardcore!

I can play with temperatures in the 20s and wind in the 30s, but I don't like playing in rain. I'm always conscious of my footing on the tee pad and can't focus on the throw or get full power on it.

I tried to play in the rain this morning, but was playing so poorly it just wasn't any fun.