• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Good DG Shoes

My experience, via canoeing and hiking in rain, is that wool socks trump waterproof shoes any day. Waterproof high top boots are another matter, but water has a way of finding its way into ankle-high shoes.

I personally have two pairs for comfortable, light trail running shoes I bought for $50 a piece, and two pairs of nice wool socks. I swap the shoes and socks out between rounds if needed. But I usually don't swap either. Wool socks are the shizzle.

I'm rockin patagonia hog ties right now. They are great. Regular work Boots in snow and mud.

once mine finally go to to grave this season gonna have to get something durable with vibram sole and will looking for something water resistant as well

Merrell Moab Mids. Best I have ever had for Disc Golf. I play year round and in the snow. Pair these with some warm wool socks in the winter or breathable ankle socks in the summer and they work well. I have had them 6 months and the Gore Tex is still good. I bought these before a trip to the IDGC in GA this summer and between the 3 courses there, 3 in Charlotte (Hornets, Renny and Nevins) 1 in Tenn. (Victor Ashe) and 1 in Asheville (Richmond Hill) I played about 144 holes in 3 days and a few of those courses are pretty long. The Moabs kept my feet feeling great the whole time. I would highly recommend them for $99.95.

I suggest anything by Vasque. Ten years and I am only on my second pair. I still have the first pair but I have worn the Vibram soles almost smooth. I am super active outside in summer and winter and they have held up great. Both pairs were bought for less than $60.00 at www.sierratradingpost.com. First pair was a full boot, for when I was hiking more, and the second pair is a mid cut. The brand doesn't seem very popular with disc golfers but mine have handled discin' a couple hundred rounds without any problem.

I would like someone to try a pair of these boots. 14 ounce leather/gore-tex boots. I have a pair of running shoes from the same company and they are the most comfortable shoes I have ever put on my feet.

Bought a pair of merrell chameleon evo gtx xcr. Was 14 degrees out with 15mph winds with pretty good snowfall. Performed flawlessly. Rolled my ankle once but wasn't watching my footing. I'll see how they go from here but first wear was 6 hours of discing and feet feel happier than a clam

UPDATE

!!!!UPDATE!!!!
After about 6 rounds in these I would wager that they would be worth the full price.
s7_813034_008_01

I wore these in 40 degree weather in slush and slop puddles and came home bone dry. 3 thumbs up. :thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:

Nice! I went out a couple days ago in my new balances and my feet were soaked just from the bottom of my shoes touching wet grass heh. They are nothing like those though..just sayin.

Wow! There are a ton of shoe threads

Anyway; I'm looking at shoes because my discing shoes, while in tact; have a ridiculous stench from stepping through a creek more than a few times, along with tons of mud. I washed them, but they are leather and the softer interior where the stink resides must not be getting enough of the cleaning. Odor eaters seem to have no affect.

I don't feel the need to get water proof so much but rather would like a nice, breathable shoe for warmer weather that just dries quickly and maybe washes easily to get the stink out Getting more and more to where I don't care for leather shoes as I Like air on my feet. (I have boots for winter/colder months)

Any ideas?

I was thinking maybe something like this:

Click pic for details but has "drainage ports"

Not all men like women....
Catholic family, pressured to get married and have kids.
He came out the year My wife and I got married making the wedding awkward.

Good lord man. Is there anything normal in your life? Between that and the 300 lb guy living in your bang shed, I think I would go nuts.

Wow! There are a ton of shoe threads

Anyway; I'm looking at shoes because my discing shoes, while in tact; have a ridiculous stench from stepping through a creek more than a few times, along with tons of mud. I washed them, but they are leather and the softer interior where the stink resides must not be getting enough of the cleaning. Odor eaters seem to have no affect.

I don't feel the need to get water proof so much but rather would like a nice, breathable shoe for warmer weather that just dries quickly and maybe washes easily to get the stink out Getting more and more to where I don't care for leather shoes as I Like air on my feet. (I have boots for winter/colder months)

Any ideas?

I was thinking maybe something like this:

Click pic for details but has "drainage ports"

i just got a pair of merrell waterpros with vibram soles. they serve two purposes for me as im also a big trout fisherman. they drain when you leave the water and dry pretty quick. they also have an anti-microbial feature that keeps odor and bacteria down. so far im lovin em for both discing and fishing. there are a lot of shoes like this these days and i shopped around a lot but these were the most comfortable.

For others with Wide feet I just recently purchased some Merrell Moab Ventilator Wide shoes and they have been working great. I sprayed them with a waterproofing spray for a little extra protection and have yet to have any problems from early morning dew or light rain getting my feet web even with the ventilation sides. They are also very comfortable and give much better grip than the tennis shoes I used to always wear.

http://www.merrell.com/US/en-US/Pro.../Mens/Moab-Ventilator-Wide-Width?dimensions=0

MRL-W86595-06.psd

i just got a pair of merrell waterpros with vibram soles. they serve two purposes for me as im also a big trout fisherman. they drain when you leave the water and dry pretty quick. they also have an anti-microbial feature that keeps odor and bacteria down. so far im lovin em for both discing and fishing. there are a lot of shoes like this these days and i shopped around a lot but these were the most comfortable.

So they work ok disc golfing then. Think I would prefer breath-ability and quick drying over water proof just because I do like just walking through the creek rather than fishing the disc out. lol

I have been looking around a bit also. Found a couple others so far that are similar but look like they would have better traction.

Latest posts