• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gorilla Boy Disc Sports

which would you rather see for a black Friday deal?

• free shipping with in the U.S.

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • 13% off

Votes: 31 60.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Perhaps it is time to outsource your labor.

hewit is right... I don't ever plan on outsourcing the work to have my bags made.
I am very proud of the fact that (as far as I know) I am the only dg bag manufacturer that actually makes the bags myself from start to finish, its some thing that I feel sets me apart from the rest.. and the sense of accomplishment I get after I finish every bag is well worth my time and effort knowing I'm making something that is a quality bag!
for me making my bags is my way to give back to a sport that I love! and it gives me the time I need to spend with my family, kids, and friends...only down side so far is I hardly get out to actually play any dg at all any more...lol

Chris, I am order 907. A black spider monkey. I am in no hurry whatsoever, but was curious about two things. Since my spider monkey is not technically built yet, will it have a key clip? I would really appreciate one if possible. Also, can you fit two putters in the front putter pocket of a spider monkey? I have one of your original spiders and I can. If I need to pony up a bit more cash for a key clip and a slightly larger putter pocket please let me know. I know the Spider is the size I want, just need these two features if possible. Thanks again.

Just gotta say that I seen one of your bags a couple months ago Chris and I am sold. Once I get a little extra cash around (tax time!) gonna be going with a Kong. Your quality is un-matched and I like the fact that you make all your own stuff and don't outsource. Keep up the great work!

Eight
Sixty
Three arrived today. Very very cool bag, craftsmanship and quality are through the roof. The material is very tough. Exactly what I expected. I wasn't gonna play today, but managed to sneak in 9 holes with the new bag. Very cool, now I gotta sit here with it for a minute and really explore it's features...

On the back, that pocket, is that for a small water bladder or for tons of scorecards? I feel dumb, but still haven't found the key clip...
This bag is sick! Well worth the wait, these are only very first impressions. I know they will get much sweeter. I will take some pics now for you guys.

Thanks alot Chris!

Eight
Sixty
Three arrived today. Very very cool bag, craftsmanship and quality are through the roof. The material is very tough. Exactly what I expected. I wasn't gonna play today, but managed to sneak in 9 holes with the new bag. Very cool, now I gotta sit here with it for a minute and really explore it's features...

On the back, that pocket, is that for a small water bladder or for tons of scorecards? I feel dumb, but still haven't found the key clip...
This bag is sick! Well worth the wait, these are only very first impressions. I know they will get much sweeter. I will take some pics now for you guys.

Thanks alot Chris!

Nice! Some detailed pics of the new one would be sweet :D

Battery for camera charging, pics should be up within 30-45 minutes.

Also I'm going to Jimmy Rig a sternum/chest buckle snap. I do like that feature, it really does take some of the pull off of the shoulders, especially when trekking up a hill.

Still gotta decide whether to use this as my main bag, I was planning on sticking with the Carolina as a main bag and using the Simian as the tourney/all day bag. But it's really nice, I don't wanna take my discs out :)

Eight
Sixty

Thanks alot Chris!

On the silverback that I have the pocket on the back is to tuck the rain flap in.

discs028.jpg

This bag is super cool!

discs025.jpg

You can zip up the cheap Vodka in that pocket if that's your thing.

discs026.jpg

Creative bonus pocket? I like it.

discs027.jpg

Carolina/Simian size comparison.

discs024.jpg

Easily swallowed up 25 discs, that's with only one in each putter pocket.

The only main suggestion I could think of is this: I would have liked if the 2 major giant pockets on either side, had 2 zippers. Or at least the one zipper closes as you're pulling up, instead of closing as you're pulling down. That way the pocket could be half zipped and still access your hand through the top.

I keep walking over to this thing and sitting on it, petting it, and complimenting it. Double thumbs up! Great construction, this will be my BFF caddie this season!

Last edited:
Honestly, in the middle of the summer I don't think I could drink even beer(while discing). The heat and humidity makes me sweat enough and I always finish off my 27oz klean kanteen during those months. Dehydrating myself more just wouldn't be fun.

ok so if you look in either one of the side pockets on the inside at the top you will find some velcro that velcro is meant for hanging a bladder from and at the top of either side pocket you will find a opening big enough to fit the hose through to run the hose out of the pocket so you can run the hose long the strap and zip the pocket shut... just pointing it out in case you didn't notice it yet ;) and that pocket on the back is just another place to stick water ever.

oh and Huk there is no key clip on it I figure with all the MOLLE straps it would be easy enough to just caribiner keys where every you felt like puting em ;)

oh and on the back of the side pocket you'll find a long pocket on either one with some velcro at the top... you stick your umbrella there! opened or closed works either way!

Latest posts