• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Greatest Disc Golf Trip Ever?

Marcovis

Headed South with some friends for what might be the greatest disc golf trip ever considering the courses we are going to play. Going to be a ton of golf, but will be an amazing time. 6 killer courses in 3 days, I'm excited! Woodhenge, Birdland, and Dragon Ridge are all new to me, played the other courses this past spring on a different trip.

Friday -
First round at Woodhenge - Smithville, Mo
Second fround at Birdland - Olathe, Ks

Saturday -
First round warmup - Branson Trails Pink Course
First round - Branson Trails Blue Course- Branson, Mo
Second Round - Treehouz - Branson, Mo.

Sunday -
First round - Dragon Ridge - Camdenton, Mo
Second round - Harmony Bends - Columbia, Mo

That sounds amazing. Pack extra Advil. The most my arm/shoulder can handle is 4 rounds in a weekend these days. Getting old sucks! Have fun. Report back for vicarious living

Sounds good. We had an epic trip this past August.
Wednesday - Fly into Portland, OR
Thursday - Milo, Blue Lake & Pier Park
Friday - 4AM drive to Spokane, WA, play all of 4 Mound (Cape Fear, Porcupine, Hawk) drive to Farragut, ID
Saturday & Sunday - A.W.O.L., Wreckreator, Cutthroat, North Star & Little Black Bear
Monday - drive to Bozeman, MT (watched eclipse along the way) play Bohart Upper and Lower, drive to Billings, MT
Tuesday - play 36 at Diamond X, fly home to Pittsburgh.

Our epic October 2011 road trip:
1. Alexander Park near Atlanta (meh, but a good warm-up)
2. Flyboy Aviation for 2 days
3. Rankin Lake, Gastonia NC
4. Winthrop Gold for USDGC spectator round

I call unfair. 2 days at Flyboy skews any vacation list, even if the rest of it is grade-school 9-holers.

Our epic October 2011 road trip:
1. Alexander Park near Atlanta (meh, but a good warm-up)
2. Flyboy Aviation for 2 days
3. Rankin Lake, Gastonia NC
4. Winthrop Gold for USDGC spectator round

That's a solid list, Flyboy Aviation is a bucket list course for me!

I had my disc golf epic trip a couple weeks ago with 3 buddies-

Thursday
27 at Flyboy

Friday
18 at Flyboy
18 at The Crucible

Saturday
36 at The Crucible

Sunday
18 at The Crucible
20 however many they have at Sandy Creek

Monday
18 at North Georgia Canopy Tours

Needless to say I couldn't move for a few days

Planning one right now!

1st stop will be the Gateway factory. Not sure if we are going to play a course in the STL area. Then off to Harmony Bends.

After that, stops in Kansas and Oklahoma to add them to my "states played" list before heading south to Selah Ranch. Booked 2 nights there and hope to play both courses as well as the Texas Twist/Trey Deuce combo.

Possibly Lake Claiborne SP - Whitetail before heading over to Hot Springs for Turkey day. Then back home.

I took this trip in July

French Creek State Park 3.8
Nockamixon 4.5
Stafford Woods 4.1
Iron Hill 4.3
Muddy Run 4.6

All in 3 days, as well as a Phillies game and a two round C-tier. Not too bad...

That's a gooder, no Jordan Creek??

Long story...
It was originally supposed to be before Nockamixon, which was on our way to new jersey that day, but we chose the Phillies game instead because it was a new to me baseball stadium. It's so hard to plan a trip around there!!! If the tournament was at Jordan and not French Creek then that would be better, but French Creek is still a helluva course in it's own right.

I did these a few years ago on one trip in 5 days. The Rating were what they were at the time.

Patriot's Park Grovetown GA 3.18
Lake Olmstead Augusta GA 3.63
Steady Ed Appling GA 4.03
WR Jackson Memorial DGC Appling GA 4.14
Jim Warner Memorial Appling GA 4.21
Riverview Augusta SC 3.9
Pine Valley Hogback DGC Augusta SC 4.5
Crooked Creek Park Chapin SC 3.97
Earlewood Park Columbia SC 3.88
Stoney Hill Newberry SC 3.9
Renaissance Park Charlotte SC 4.2
Reedy Creek Park Charlotte SC 3.6
Hornet's nest Charlotte SC 4
Nevin Park DGC Charlotte SC 4
Elon Long Charlotte SC 3.7
Sugaw Creek Park Charlotte SC 3.3

We've been visited by a lot of travelers on long trips, stopping by on their way between bagging Augusta/IDGC and Charlotte. I'm sure many of those trips would rate high on a list of Best Disc Golf Trips.

Though it's made me lament that nobody ever visits Stoney Hill during their Tour of Crappy Courses in the Southeast. We'd really stand out to them, if they did!

Ben Calhoun played about 700 courses in a year, in his race to 1000, and I'll bet some of his trips were pretty epic. Or, for all I know, it might have been one massive trip. Not sure how much he remembers of them, though.

Planning one right now!

1st stop will be the Gateway factory. Not sure if we are going to play a course in the STL area. Then off to Harmony Bends.

After that, stops in Kansas and Oklahoma to add them to my "states played" list before heading south to Selah Ranch. Booked 2 nights there and hope to play both courses as well as the Texas Twist/Trey Deuce combo.

Possibly Lake Claiborne SP - Whitetail before heading over to Hot Springs for Turkey day. Then back home.

Hi Jason-

If you are traveling between Hot Springs, AR and Illinois, I would suggest spending a day at Disc Side of Heaven in Jonesboro, AR. Both courses are in fantastic shape right now. You would hit the #1 rated courses in four states in one trip... that is a heck of a road trip!

Feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] to work out some details if you can make it work.

Brad

Best trip ever was a vacation with other things in DC but I got to play Cape Henalope state park in Delaware and for a course made in the 1980's it was still a tough course. They changed where the cool weighted wooden dock top with a rubber pad attached to the tee pads were. Cool since Steady Ed Designed the Course and still had the original Mach II from the 1980's at it.

Another time I played while coming back from vacation at the Lake Shore park in Ashtabula State park. This was after I Played Chainbiters a pay to play in South Datyton New York.

Recently I got to stay at Erie State Park that has Shipwreck Bluff disc golf course, one of the tougher short courses I have played as the rough is nearly unplayable.

Played one time when we were going to South Dakota Black hills for a weekend the old Omaha Park in Rapid City South Dakota, one of the oldest permanent courses with baskets Outside of California or NY made in 1979 with the same big homemade baskets at the time in 2004. After getting new discs sold at a Play it Again Sports for my dad we played the course. I think my mom did not want to play yet or had just a 1999 Classic grid Aviar, the one with the micro bead and a late 1990's style Stratus to play my brother had used and got from a Cousin in 2003 who was getting ready to retire those discs or had better discs, different Putter namely I think Cousin had a soft Rhyno at the time.

For my 50th Birthday, back in May, I did The Rock at Stonewall, Rolling Pines, BlackJack, Sugaree, The Spine, and Ashe County Park, all in a 4 day North Carolina road trip. I'm still wiped out!

Hi Jason-

If you are traveling between Hot Springs, AR and Illinois, I would suggest spending a day at Disc Side of Heaven in Jonesboro, AR. Both courses are in fantastic shape right now. You would hit the #1 rated courses in four states in one trip... that is a heck of a road trip!

Feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] to work out some details if you can make it work.

Brad

Thanks for the suggestions Brad!

We wound up only playing 4 rounds due to weather, time constraints and a sick kid when we woke up at The Corral House at Selah Ranch the morning of Thanksgiving.

Added the following to my list on the trip:
Selah Ranch Creekside
The Lodge Moccasin Course
Harmony Bends
Rosedale (top)

Almost got half the states played, sitting at 24.

On a July 2017 Trip to Yellowstone my 12-year old son and I played the following courses:

Centennial Park - Kearney, NE
Deer Run Park DGC - Sidney, NE
Edora Park - Fort Collins, CO
Cache La Poudre DGC - La Porte, CO
Spring Creek DGC - Laramie, WY
Lander Ridge DGC - Lander, WY
Dubois Town Park - Dubois, WY
Johnny Roberts DGC - Arvada, CO
The Whistle Stop - Raton, NM
Guymon DGC - Guymon, OK