• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ A-Series Large Tour Bag

Thanks for the info. I've been looking into a backpack style bag as well, and this seems to be the one of choice.

I bought Grip A Series bag to compliment my large Prodiscus 30+ bag. Grip is for more casual rounds with less discs and other stuff to carry.

Grip does feel good in the back thanks to it's light weight and small size. Grip was comfortable when I rode to the course with bicycle.

But I have to say Prodiscus build quality is better than Grip. The zippers in Grip feel like they will break when you touch them. Zippers make annoying sound when opening and closing them + zips don't slide that good in Grip, sometimes it gets stuck. In Prodiscus zippers are larger and much more higher quality. Fabrics in Prodiscus are tougher and feel like they made to last longer.

Anyways I like the Grip but I'd say Grip and Prodiscus fight in different weight divisions so to speak. For big tournaments Prodiscus is better choice and it is better value for the money.

I bought Grip A Series bag to compliment my large Prodiscus 30+ bag. Grip is for more casual rounds with less discs and other stuff to carry.

Grip does feel good in the back thanks to it's light weight and small size. Grip was comfortable when I rode to the course with bicycle.

But I have to say Prodiscus build quality is better than Grip. The zippers in Grip feel like they will break when you touch them. Zippers make annoying sound when opening and closing them + zips don't slide that good in Grip, sometimes it gets stuck. In Prodiscus zippers are larger and much more higher quality. Fabrics in Prodiscus are tougher and feel like they made to last longer.

Anyways I like the Grip but I'd say Grip and Prodiscus fight in different weight divisions so to speak. For big tournaments Prodiscus is better choice and it is better value for the money.

That's funny. My friend had a Prodiscus and the zippers would bind up. I think someone else on here had a problem with the zippers.

Yeah, you must have gotten a bunk grip bag. I have TWO A-series grips and the zippers are flawless and don't at all feel like they're going to break off.

Finally got some rounds in with the Grip A series last weekend. What can i say that hasnt been said before. Really comfortable to wear. Even packed full of discs, its like it was empty.

Only real complaints I have are that there is no grommet or anywhere to clip a towel/caribeaner onto without going to the marketplace to buy aftermarket clips. Im not a fan of the water bottle placement. I know its to keep the bag lighter by keeping them close to you back, but its awkward to get a water bottle out when the bag is on your back. Finally is the putter quiver. I dont like the putters up top. I cant reach them when the bag is on my back for a quick putter retrieval. I have to take the bag off completely to reach my putters

If you draw up the string inside the putter quiver, the putters will actually stick out of the bag making it far easier to reach over your shoulder to grab a putter. I hope that makes sense.

If you draw up the string inside the putter quiver, the putters will actually stick out of the bag making it far easier to reach over your shoulder to grab a putter. I hope that makes sense.

I have them sticking up pretty far. Maybe i have the bag riding too low on my back, but its a really awkward grab if I do try to get one out.

Ah I gotcha man, I was wondering almost the same thing at first but after adjustments it seemed to be much easier to grab.

Yea i got a green/gray two days ago and i ordered it on the 5th. It was earlier than i thought too

So I have a blue grip bag, used for three rounds, and I just found one online in black/grey for a solid price so I am grabbing it. If anyone is interested in a blue grip bag and doesn't want to pay the 260 or whatever it is shipped, shoot me a pm and we can work out a deal~

Awesome bag, stoked to have found the color combo that I wanted originally

Maybe i have the bag riding too low on my back...
I've found the Grip likes to ride much higher on my back than I might actually prefer from a 'normal backpack comfort' aspect. However, it's definitely not a 'normal' backpack so the riding high is fine with me. It does make it easier to grab putters if you've got the cinch strap snapped in and they're sticking out a bit.

Anyone bored with a Grip lying around wanna take some measurements for me? I'm curious how wide it is at the bottom from water bottle holder to water bottle holder, as well as the width of the main disc compartment. Thanks in advance.

Are you looking for measurements from end to end as if there were water bottles in there, or simply from where the one bottle holder connects to the bag to the other side? I probably worded that ridiculously.

Are you looking for measurements from end to end as if there were water bottles in there, or simply from where the one bottle holder connects to the bag to the other side? I probably worded that ridiculously.

Nope, that was very clear. End to end with water bottles in there, good sir.

2014-04-18-18-41-11_zpsezkpgcoe.png

Between the two marked areas, with two 32oz bottles, is just about 18" give or take a few millimeters.

note: that measurement was with 18 discs in the main compartment, which consists of 7 mids and 11 drivers. the side pockets aren't crammed with stuff, just a rolled up disc towel and a baseball and a few other small things.

So I have a blue grip bag, used for three rounds, and I just found one online in black/grey for a solid price so I am grabbing it. If anyone is interested in a blue grip bag and doesn't want to pay the 260 or whatever it is shipped, shoot me a pm and we can work out a deal~

Awesome bag, stoked to have found the color combo that I wanted originally

Where did you find the black/grey? I've been looking everywhere for one to no avail..