• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ A-Series Large Tour Bag

Well they restocked some of the colors last night. Green was the top seller so far followed by blue, grey, red ,black. They had roughly 20-30 of each left yesterday now they have more of all of them except the greens. These really aren't selling as well as I thought they would. I figured they are just like the special edition colors but they cost less and are a better quality and updated design. To me it pointed to a quick sale but that so far has not been the case.

There are currently a total of 202 A Series Bags online
And 37 black and grey L Series Bags left

And to add to the debate on weather to get one or not. I'm all in. I own an L series that I have had since the original release 2 years ago and I love the thing. Still in perfect shape and would never look back. I also own a McBeth Sig bag which my sponsor Pandamonium Discs surprised me with. And the quality of that thing is above my original L series (which was already great). So now that they upped the quality again I'm on board 100%.

Well they restocked some of the colors last night. Green was the top seller so far followed by blue, grey, red ,black. They had roughly 20-30 of each left yesterday now they have more of all of them except the greens. These really aren't selling as well as I thought they would. I figured they are just like the special edition colors but they cost less and are a better quality and updated design. To me it pointed to a quick sale but that so far has not been the case.

There are currently a total of 202 A Series Bags online
And 37 black and grey L Series Bags left

I'm not terribly surprised. The flaw in your reasoning is they are NOT special edition bags. They are standard bags priced like special edition bags. People pay the SE price because it's limited and made stateside.

But, perception is relative. Grip may very well consider their current sales volume on these bags a great success. Plus now that Disc Nation is also accounting for sales as well as Glide, it might be a better situation than we can deduce from just Grip's direct stock.

I'm not terribly surprised. The flaw in your reasoning is they are NOT special edition bags. They are standard bags priced like special edition bags. People pay the SE price because it's limited and made stateside.

But, perception is relative. Grip may very well consider their current sales volume on these bags a great success. Plus now that Disc Nation is also accounting for sales as well as Glide, it might be a better situation than we can deduce from just Grip's direct stock.

No worries. I was we'll aware of my flaw I just figured that most people were buying se bags for the colors and not for the collectability purpose since it is going to be very hard to get more then retail for any of grips bags IMO.

No worries. I was we'll aware of my flaw I just figured that most people were buying se bags for the colors and not for the collectability purpose since it is going to be very hard to get more then retail for any of grips bags IMO.

I agree...unless you buy a SE and store it for a couple of years, you are not going to get your money back.

The colors seem to be the big draw to the SE bags, IMO.

Yeah i don't think i'd buy a bag for collectability. I'd buy it for design and features. I got an A-series because i watched the GRIP guys improve their business model and practices over the past 2 years and turn around the, imho, aweful launch/presale of the original GRIP bags. I swore back then i would never deal with a company that handled it so poorly. lol. But they've humbly acknowledged their mistakes, turned it all around and continue to provide a product that is everything they claim it to be. And that says a lot.

Color and quality. Like you pointed out, your McBeth sig bag is of much better quality than your L-series bag. Part of that is the 2 year time difference. But a bigger part is your sig bag has "made in cali" posted down the side of it and the L-series came with a nice little "made in taiwan" tag on the inside.

The only other backpack manufacturer I'm aware of that outsources overseas is DD's Ranger. And they come in almost $100 less.

Now, don't mistake my intent here. The A-series may be absolutely worth every dime of $252.00. But Grip has to convince a mass of current L-series owners as well as new customers that this bag is without question worth the new higher premium over the original offering. If that is actually true, then sales will stay good and steady as these bags get out on the courses and convert other players just from hands-on experiences.

Initial release hype can carry only so far, and I think too many people were expecting either a cheaper or similarly priced bag. If the A-series was $200, then they would be scrambling to keep up their stock.

Yeah i don't think i'd buy a bag for collectability. I'd buy it for design and features. I got an A-series because i watched the GRIP guys improve their business model and practices over the past 2 years and turn around the, imho, aweful launch/presale of the original GRIP bags. I swore back then i would never deal with a company that handled it so poorly. lol. But they've humbly acknowledged their mistakes, turned it all around and continue to provide a product that is everything they claim it to be. And that says a lot.

Well said :thmbup:

Read the All Things Disc Golf interview. Gives good insight into the new bag's price point, development, and cool features. I'm digging it. I'd love to see a video of the L and A bags compared by taking everything out of a fully loaded L bag and putting it into the A bag.

Has anyone had any recent warranty claims on the L bag? I got mine about 3 months ago and the stitching on the flap pocket has broken loose on one side :/ Does anyone know if Grip has a backstock of L bags to use as replacements for warranty claims?

I'd love to get the A but my L is just fine. When the L breaks down, if ever, I'll get a new A or whatever they offer at that time. I can't put a price on my back. I carried numerous large bags with Quads, and the Flak, and a Revo Dual, and all of them wrecked my back. I have about a year and a half on my Grip and I would never try another brand. I have had zero back pain since I started using it. That right there is priceless in my book. We did a west Michigan trip last year (Flip, all Mason Cty, Leviathan, Branstrom, Whitehall), played an average of 72 holes a day for 5 days straight, and never had pain. With all the others, I had pain playing just 4 rounds a week. Priceless IMO

I own an L series so im not planning on upgrading but I do like the new colors. I am also interested in seeing some upclose pics of the new bags once people get them.

As for the price point, I see it like this. If you want one and can afford it, get one. If not, why hate on those that choose to spend their hard earned money on what they want.

That's how I see it, and I'm still happy with my grey L-series.

If I were to upgrade, I'd go with the blue and grey and color all of the white orange with a fabric marker. Make it Gator colors...I already have enough black and gold.

Anyone having trouble with the order screen? I am trying to order a bag, and it just resets my credit card info.. Not impressed

Are you doing this on an iPhone or another type of Smartphone? I had this issue the other day, but as soon as I tried on a regular PC I had no issues.

Disc Golf Bags Made in...

...The only other backpack manufacturer I'm aware of that outsources overseas is DD's Ranger. And they come in almost $100 less...

Hi throwfromthewoods,

We're glad the issues of globalization and country of origin are important to you and other dgcoursereview members. We thought you might be interested in a post we shared about this on our blog in November.

Disc Golf Bags Made in...

Regarding the A-Series Tour Bag: materials are developed by and licensed from U.S. companies, the bag is cut and sewn in Taiwan, and finished in the U.S. We are very proud of the quality of our products, the social circumstances surrounding production, and the significant contributions we're able to make to our local and national economy as a successful, growing business.

Latest posts