• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ A-Series Large Tour Bag

Well, I got my new A series today. I know this is nothing new or earth shattering but this is my initial reaction.

1. Whem I opened up the box, I gotta say, I don't see a whole lot that is different from the L series.
2. Shipping and Handling time was A++++++++++++ I ordered on Sunday and received my bag two days later. It shipped from Austin though, and i 'm in Houston.
3. They did a good job representing the colors. I got the red&grey and it looks exactly like it did on the website
4. The ease of access to the main compartment and the posture of the bag are improved greatly. The side pockets as far as I can tell aren't significantly bigger though.

Whats the drawing string for in the main compartment? Is that for your putter pocket? I'm gonna get a round in today, we'll see how she does...

Last edited:
Whats the drawing string for in the main compartment? Is that for your putter pocket? I'm gonna get a round in today, we'll see how she does...

Cinch it up and the putters will sit partially out of the pocket for easy access. Loosen it (down) and the putters will go completely into the pocket.

I too was stepping on the straps, and it really pissed me off. I just rolled the extra up and put a zip tie around it. Not the zip tie scratches my arm when I put the bag on. I can't win.

Dude, just cut them to your desired length and use a lighter to seal the ends. Bigger guys love the extra strap length.

You guys bitch about the stupidest things. :wall:

My brother doesn't know yet, but he's getting a green/grey for his bday this month. So add one more to the Grip club!

Sorry if i missed it... did Grip every send out the discgolfplanet.tv memberships?

evidently dgp was supposed to do it by the time KCWO aired...I haven't seen anything about it yet either.

I think it's kind of funny that everyone thinks the Golf Mahal was too expensive but yet people buy this bag for $17 less and think its worth the money because it says Grip on it...... :doh:

On another note, why is it that disc golfers are the cheapest human beings on the planet? If you play 3 times a week for 2 years, this bag will cost you $.80 per round.

I think it's kind of funny that everyone thinks the Golf Mahal was too expensive but yet people buy this bag for $17 less and think its worth the money because it says Grip on it...... :doh:

On another note, why is it that disc golfers are the cheapest human beings on the planet? If you play 3 times a week for 2 years, this bag will cost you $.80 per round.

:thmbup: You get what you pay for. My Innova Deluxe Bag with straps totaled $75 and has lasted me 4 years without any tears or defects. I imagine I would get more than my moneys worth with a Grip.

Would any one who owns one of these things like to say that they do realize that the storage is better then the L series? Grip said they added a bunch of space, so its kind of discouraging to keep reading its not noticeable. I feel like i've only heard one person say that the storage was sufficient.

Would any one who owns one of these things like to say that they do realize that the storage is better then the L series? Grip said they added a bunch of space, so its kind of discouraging to keep reading its not noticeable. I feel like i've only heard one person say that the storage was sufficient.

My friend has both the L-Series & A-Series bags he said the storage is pretty much the same maybe only 1-2 more discs in the A-Series.

Rather than ask about storage, just buy the Golf Mahal. Better construction and storage will never be an issue. Spend the extra $8 or whatever it is.

I have scrawny skinny shoulders, if i was built like a linebacker i would have already bought a Voodoo Spinal Tap. The Golf Mahal looks silly and also looks uncomfortable, (I think the Voodoo could be more comfortable) it will but a lot of weight distributed to my lower back which is the problem i hope to remedy with a backpack bag. I think i will still get a grip A, i just want some reassurance that the storage for your accessories and maybe a jacket is sufficient.

I have both. I carry the same amount of stuff in my A-series, that I had in my L. The difference is, it's not as packed in and its easier to get in and out. I have 3 putters in the top.(dx aviars) I had to put 1 in at a time in the L. The A, I can pull all 3 out at the same time if I want too. The front opening is bigger. I put a Zepher and a Condor in with no problem. You can fit a disc in the front flap pocket now. A little easier now to put a hoodie in the side pockets.

Has anyone used Scotchguard fabric protector on their bag? I'm curious if it would help keep the sweat, smell, stains out of the bag and help repel dirt making it easier to keep clean. Playing the desert courses they get really dusty.

Rather than ask about storage, just buy the Golf Mahal. Better construction and storage will never be an issue. Spend the extra $8 or whatever it is.

i do not believe this is the thread to talk about the big ugly mahal, so if you like you can do that else where

Having played my first tournament with my new A-series two weekends ago I can tell you that there's plenty of storage room. Everything that I could fit into my old DISCarrier easily fits into the Grip, and I'm usually loaded down at tournaments (fluids, snacks, sunscreen, chair, a long-sleeve layer, more discs than I need, etc.).

Whoever says there isn't enough space is carrying useless stuff. The bag was developed specifically for touring pros so...

Has anyone used Scotchguard fabric protector on their bag? I'm curious if it would help keep the sweat, smell, stains out of the bag and help repel dirt making it easier to keep clean. Playing the desert courses they get really dusty.

I would ask whether that voids the warranty first.

Correct me if I'm wrong...

One of the main reasons the Grip Bags are successful is it's ability to ride high on your back eliminating lower back distress..

By looking at the Mahal it still looks like it rides low due to it's true back pack style strap system..

:popcorn:

Correct me if I'm wrong...

One of the main reasons the Grip Bags are successful is it's ability to ride high on your back eliminating lower back distress..

By looking at the Mahal it still looks like it rides low due to it's true back pack style strap system..

:popcorn:

"high on the back" is a tricky concept to make universal. A more accurate phrase for why backpacks are more comfortable is "better weight distribution."
being high on the back is just the simplest way to achieve that. Mystery Ranch's yoke system manages the weight of the bag very well, even if it's a bit lower than a Grip.

Latest posts