• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ large bag

Got an emaillast friday that they didnt "make the cut" and he was headed to the factory to oversee problems (sounds familiar huh?) Going to be a couple weeks? Heard that before too! So maybe sometime around Xmas

Yet all the GripEQ team members have the new run.

*scratches head*

Hmmmmm, I'm getting a little worried. Like a dummy I prepaid for two bags. I don't think it will happen, but it would suck if he went belly up :-/

Lol like I said in dgr. Its been over a year since the original preorder,which I was on,and he still cant get the bag right,? Give me a ****ing break. Maybe his ass should stop playing tourneys and traveling amd work on his damn bag instead. Seems he has his priorities mixed up and stuck dd as the middle man. Im sure ruscoe has been getting emails on the bag he has.nothing to do with ,production wise

Lol like I said in dgr. Its been over a year since the original preorder,which I was on,and he still cant get the bag right,? Give me a ****ing break. Maybe his ass should stop playing tourneys and traveling amd work on his damn bag instead. Seems he has his priorities mixed up and stuck dd as the middle man. Im sure ruscoe has been getting emails on the bag he has.nothing to do with ,production wise
lol! Well, Jeremy kinda got hosed in the deal. Justin decided that you can only get the bags from the Grip site. So it was going to be too bad for anyone who pre-ordered through DD or LDS. But Jeremy went above and beyond what he needed to do and got us on the Grip pre-order list. Not only that, he gave us the option of a refund and a discount (20%? can't remember) as well. I hope I don't regret that? Maybe I should have bought the Mahal bag :-/

got my second run

I just received my replacement second run grip bag this weekend at the Canadians, delivered by none other than Eric Mcabe. It is a quantum leap improvement from my first run. What I noticed was:
• The back straps are reinforced and it looks nice and firm.
• The top quiver pocket easily holds 2- 3 putters.
• The pocket where mine ripped is heavily reinforced; it is still a tight fit for a putter as that is where I like to keep mine.
• The two d rings on either side of the opening of the bag are gone. Why I don't know? I loved those rings I would hang my towel from them and when I would close up the bag it would tuck in on top of my discs.
• The plastic insert in the bottom of the bag is solid! And bolted through the bottom of the bag and through the rails on the bottom. No more deformation here!
• The bottom of the bag now sports two rails instead of the little round feet found on ver 1.
• The plastic inserts that create the form of the bag and are hidden behind the fabric feel more substantial, and most importantly all the corners are rounded. No more little edges cutting through the fabric of the bag.
• The fabric is amazing!
• The two tone is striking, my replacement was not two tone however McCabe's bag is and it is stunning!
To everybody waiting it will be worth it! This is a completely different beast from the first run, all it shares with it is the design and looks.
Gary

That f'n figures. All the people that spent thier hard earned money and got f'ed over with $hitty bags have to be the last to get the good $hit!

Man I cant wait to get another $hitty bag!

Hmmm nowhere did I say that this was a shty bag, it is actually the opposite. Everybody at the Canadians was stoked to see the bag, and ticket sales for the fundraiser grip bag went like wildtfire. I'm not a J@ apologist or have any invested interest in grip eq.I hear you're angry with J@, however do not equate that with the quality of this run. It is a totally different iteration of a grip bag than that of the first run. This run is AWESOME, and trust me if it was shty I would be screaming it from the rooftops and in every forum I could. It will be worth the money you guys forked out, and is it worth the anger and frustration you guys are feeling…well that is up to you.
Gary

It will never be worth the money I shelled out. And no Im not mad at you at all. But I did buy this GD POS last summer and had to wait 7 months for a POS bag that made it a total of 8...yes 8 holes before it started to fall apart. I went ahead and fixed the bag myself and it has lasted ever since. I am tired of him coming up with BS excuse after another. I will never buy another one of his products ever again and if it wasnt for a lifetime warranty I would hope that he will go under just so i dont ever have to hear another thing about this crap. If anyone wants a second run bag let me know. I will probably get rid of this thing, if it ever comes, and go with someone that doesnt screw everyone over. Including the one person that bought multiple bags to sell and got hosed over too.

And on that note, where in the F is our free "shirt" we were supposed to get for putting up with his $hit?

Roc, I emailed J@ on April 15th asking about the T-Shirts we were promised for the first run delays.

He said: "I would expect to be able to get you guys your promised tees this summer."

I hear you are not mad at me, and I take no offense at anything you said…I just hope you two never meet on the course...

Attachments

• grip eq tee.png
    grip eq tee.png
    79.4 KB · Views: 38
I have met him many times, as talked to him over the phone many times as well. I dont pull punches and I say whats on my mind. His communication SUCKS, and Im so tired of blah, blah, blah

sorry if this has been mentioned already but i get the feeling he's been funding his travels and equipping his team with your money. i just wonder how big the loan was that he took out to get samples made.

some pics

The back straps are reinforced and it looks nice and firm.
the first pic is v.1 the second and third pics is v.2

Attachments

• DSC02557_800x600.JPG
    DSC02557_800x600.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC02555_800x600.JPG
    DSC02555_800x600.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC02556_800x600.JPG
    DSC02556_800x600.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 97
more pics v2

The top quiver pocket easily holds 2- 3 putters pic 1

The plastic insert in the bottom of the bag is solid! And bolted through the bottom of the bag and through the rails on the bottom. No more deformation here! pic 2

The bottom of the bag now sports two rails instead of the little round feet found on ver 1. pic 3

Attachments

• DSC02550_800x600.JPG
    DSC02550_800x600.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC02554_800x600.JPG
    DSC02554_800x600.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 103
  • DSC02551_800x600.jpg
    DSC02551_800x600.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 103
Thanks for the pics. Is the bag wider now? I can't see how it wouldn't be as small as the top opening was on my first run, your two putters look like they are cozy with plenty of room up there now.

Bummer to hear the D-clips or whatever you call them are gone, I had grown used to my towel hanging from them.

Does the material feel more durable?

"Is the bag wider now?"
Yes it is wider by a bit and it is a bit taller as well. I don't know whether this is a product of it being taller or if the stiffness of the internal frame parts has the bag standing taller than my first run. Mcabe had 3 putters in his quiver and they come out nice and easy. I only wish the disc compartment opening pocket was a touch wider as that is where i like d to keep my putter, it is the same size as ver1.

Bummer to hear the D-clips or whatever you call them are gone," I had grown used to my towel hanging from them.
I totally agree, I loved those clips used one for my towel and the other for bag tags etc..., I thought it was one of the more well thought out design aspects of the bag. I wonder why J@ choose to eliminate them in this run?

Does the material feel more durable?
I had a huge tourney this weekend (the Canadians), up and down mountains through trees, bush and swamp, and the bag looks as new as it did when I got it. Time will tell, however it looks more durable, and feels more durable. My first run started to fray on the first 6 holes I had it so a considerable improvement.
I feel like this is what the first bag should have been, all the cool design features (except the d clips), and attention to durability. Again to my mind all the first run shares with the second run are appearance and design. This bag is a whole new beast in my mind.