• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ large bag

My black bag will not fit any discs in the front pocket. But my gray and coal will. The stitching is off on my black bag so the pocket is smaller.

4509fc4e-c48f-49c6-bb23-82312766ec6c_zpsf29c826a.jpg

Are the bag tags that come with the pack sequential? Mine came in yesterday and the tag reads:

I do believe so. I have, however, seen some tags that were lower numbers with a 1,2, or 3 by them leading me to believe they separately numbered some other runs? I have original 150.

Are the bag tags that come with the pack sequential? Mine came in yesterday and the tag reads:

Probably, I got my Grip bag a month or two and my number is like yours. Going off memory here, but I am pretty sure mine is:

My black bag will not fit any discs in the front pocket. But my gray and coal will. The stitching is off on my black bag so the pocket is smaller.

4509fc4e-c48f-49c6-bb23-82312766ec6c_zpsf29c826a.jpg

Yep, I found the same to be true with my latest replacement from Grip. Not only is the front pocket opening too small to fit a disc, my main disc compartment is narrower and fits less discs than my previous Grip did. I e-mailed them about it as soon as I got it. I don't put discs in that pocket, but I know many do, so I figured they should be aware of the flaw.

I do believe so. I have, however, seen some tags that were lower numbers with a 1,2, or 3 by them leading me to believe they separately numbered some other runs? I have original 150.

It wouldn't surprise me to find out that the special and signature editions are numbered separately. Looks like the top number must denote the type of bag.

Yep, I found the same to be true with my latest replacement from Grip. Not only is the front pocket opening too small to fit a disc, my main disc compartment is narrower and fits less discs than my previous Grip did. I e-mailed them about it as soon as I got it. I don't put discs in that pocket, but I know many do, so I figured they should be aware of the flaw.

It's not a flaw. It's been discussed more than once in the vast pages of this thread. So I won't make you go digging. The stock $200.00 bags are made overseas in Asia. They are framed slightly differently. They will not fit a disc in the flap pocket. Older black and black/grey bags that were made in the states will fit a disc. Any SE and Signature bags are made here in the US and are slightly bigger. So they will fit a disc there. That's why the clay/coal bag will fit but the black will not.

It's not a flaw. It's been discussed more than once in the vast pages of this thread. So I won't make you go digging. The stock $200.00 bags are made overseas in Asia. They are framed slightly differently. They will not fit a disc in the flap pocket. Older black and black/grey bags that were made in the states will fit a disc. Any SE and Signature bags are made here in the US and are slightly bigger. So they will fit a disc there. That's why the clay/coal bag will fit but the black will not.

So just because they're made somewhere else it's okay for them to change dimensions? I still think it's a flaw. Sounds like something they need to discuss with whoever is making their bags in Asia.

So just because they're made somewhere else it's okay for them to change dimensions? I still think it's a flaw. Sounds like something they need to discuss with whoever is making their bags in Asia.

I know they've talked about it in the past. If I remember correctly (don't quote me, though), their argument was that pouch was not designed for discs, so it doesn't matter if the overseas bags don't fit a disc. Much like the lower zippered pocket is not made for discs but people shove discs in there anyways. But yes, the overseas bags are one of my big beefs with Grip.

These things are sweet

I received my Grip bag today. The thing looks/feels awesome! I'm looking forward to playing a round with it tomorrow. My girlfriend said she won't mind caddying for me wearing this! I've got 16 in the main compartment and that's with 3 distance drivers, 5 fairways, 7 midranges, and 1 SSS Voodoo, and ion/anode in the putter pocket.

Edit: Sorry pictures are sideways.

Attachments

• gripopen.jpg
    gripopen.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 64
  • gripclosed.jpg
    gripclosed.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 27
Just put it in the side zip up pocket, that's what most people do then you still have other side for snacks and other goods.

Any major differences besides color between the standard grip bags and the Doss/Jenkins versions?