• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Gstar Teebirds and Destroyers

maybe there's a difference in the pro shop release vs. production, then. every gstar TB i've bought simply warps like a little *****.
oooo. hopefully there is.

i'm sitting on a fat stack of the proshop first releases.

This is baffling to me. All of the proshop G-Star Teebirds that I've seen this year have been amazingly durable. 4 of the guys I play with regularly have been using them all year. Same discs... plenty of trees hit... no damage or change in flight whatsoever.

Now this is a gstar destroyer I am talking about so different disc. But, I have hit trees at 100ft on a full freaking rip with no ill effects at all. Numerous times. But, I also keep my discs in my house when not in use. The pics of that teebird look like heat warp to me.

:rolleyes:

*sigh*....

In a couple weeks, when I get another job and have a regular paycheck, I will come back and show you guys a video about how super awesome gstar is.

What disc should I destroy? Let's take a vote.

I really don't think we are questioning the fact that your discs are damaged. Or that you need to prove how big your dong is...

Just offering anecdotal evidence that is contrary to your experience.

i'm just saying it's not heat warp and it was getting irksome.

There's no dong measuring, either. It just droops to the right like that naturally. :)

I've been throwing a production g* Teebird since release and it looks virtually the same as the day I got. Not that I don't believe you, just that there are some durable ones out there.

I've thrashed a Gstar roc after two throws, yet had the same teebird in the bag since release.

G* Teebirds have almost kicked all 21 PFN Vikings out of my bag. I got one on accident instead of a Destroyer and I've never looked back. I now have 8 of them.

Definitely a go to disc. My champ and star Teebirds are sitting in a bin i the garage.

Same for me. My G* teebird has been with me since the release. Its so controllable and I can consistently put it straighter than my 11x champ teebird. I realize it will eventually be too "flippy", but I'm planning on getting a new G* teebird and I don't think I'll be ever using star teebirds again.

And I've hit trees with them, just not on a regular basis.

I am very happy overall with the durability of the g* I have. The G* TB that replaced the DX TB's in my bag is finally getting beat up pretty good, but I have had it in the bag since the week they released. It still won't flip from a hyzer unless it's windy, but it has lost all LSS and can hold anhyzers for days like my favorite worn 11x champ TB of similar weight. I knocked a pretty good chunk out of another G* TB on a road sign, and was able to "snap" the rim and tear the flight plate with ease, but I have done the same to champ and pro in the past. I think I could have easily melted the plastic back together on that one but I wasn't too concerned.

Anyway, overall, G* is slowly taking over most of my bag. Smooth flight of DX/Pro and durability closer to star is a great combo.

So I finally got a chance to throw my new GStar Teebird this morning and I have to say it's pretty killer. It pretty effortlessly flies about 350-370 for me on flat ground with a smooth left fade. Not as pronounced as my champ and fresh star Teebirds though, which is nice. After a couple good throws I decided to really put some power on it so I step up to the tee and rip it. The disc didn't turn at all. It just stayed flat and straight for about 380ft before it faded maybe 10ft to the left and finished at around 400. I am really impressed and feel like this thing is going to be in my bag for a long time. I wonder how long it's going to take to beat into a hyzerflip-to-turnover disc.

My GStar Destroyer didn't stay in the sweet spot very long... it's getting a little squirrely. Not as bad as a seasoned Nuke, but getting there. I'd rather not continually cycle in new ones; I'm going to try another one or two to see if my experience is any different.

I wish Innova would just make regular Star plastic more grippy. Like when Star first came out.

My GStar Destroyer didn't stay in the sweet spot very long... it's getting a little squirrely. Not as bad as a seasoned Nuke, but getting there. I'd rather not continually cycle in new ones; I'm going to try another one or two to see if my experience is any different.

I wish Innova would just make regular Star plastic more grippy. Like when Star first came out.

Whats interesting about that, is that, I have seen others complain of the same thing on the Destroyers.

The firsts two I bagged were twins which I picked up when they first hit shelves. Those held that nice stable sweet spot for a long time, and actually never left it. Unfortunately, I lost both :-(

The replacement I picked up, was flippy after the first impact, and I couldnt trust it like I could the original two. Its now in the garbage. I found a beautiful replacment for it. Its a domey 175 red w green stamp. It has a plastic feel/blend like no other G* I've seen/held/owned. Its very fingerprinty and slightly chalky, reminds me of some of the PFN star plastic. Its also a little firmer too, which I like. Havent been able to throw it yet, but I have high hopes for it.

I think the durability must be very blend/run dependent on the G* stuff. It seems like some are indestructable and others are weak. All of mine (other than the one Destroyer) have been consistently tough as nails.

I've gotta agree with Kodachrome here. I've had a Leo and Teebs in g-star, and they both pulled that warpy whack wing b.s.

I play in the woods pretty often, but I don't have a cannon arm, and my courses don't need very many hard throws. All of my other plastic is fine, including a gummy glow Teebird, so...no more G-star for this guy.

Koda...you aren't crazy!

I've had great experience with my g* teebird and my g-PD. both are the same purpleish raspberry color and both have been trucking along. No warping. No drastic changes in stability although both did start out less stable than in other plastics.

I don't have much to add to this thread other than I got to throw a G* Destroyer one time. It went about 530' according to google earth. Tick less overstable than the stars I used to throw, but it sure bombed. If someone wants to work out a trade I'll do a test vid. Just PM me.

I tried to film a few test throws at R.L. Smith with G* TB's and T3's but the person filming didn't hit record :p They flew good, flew how I'd expect from a Teebird.

Latest posts