• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Guys draggin carts along...

Hey, as long as threads don't end with putters losing their lives to sadistic pyromaniacs, it's not that bad of a thread. :p

I still cannot believe a Putter died for being 2g too fat... Don't be surprise if the next generation of putters are anorexic!

542788_10151086111177493_651960177_n.jpg

Cart is the way to go.

I modified a bag cart so I could put the orange GOTT cooler on it which is a seat. Holds lots of beer and I strap all kinds of crap to it small broom, extension pole and small kids fishing pole w/ a top water lure to retrieve floaters. Guys gave me hell at first now they come find me on league night to borrow pole or rod or water cause everyone knows I always carry xtra water. But not gettin my BEER! Diagnosed w RRMS 11 years ago the exercise is great but I have to have a seat.

I just started using my Jogging stroller for any round I can. It's has been a big relief for m back. I have to carry extra things because of my diabetes and every little thing I can do to ease my back I will. The best part is when I play my local course the bin under the seat has plenty of room to put all the trash I pick up when I play.

DGCart.jpg

You young 'uns will understand when you hit 50 and are still playing.

When I lived in Orlando the courses are long and flat so a cart was the way to go. I had a simple pull cart with a milk crate bolted on with carpet lining the inside. I would put a 2 quart cooler of ice water in the base where the bottom of the club bag would go.

Fred's set up is the most common one I have seen. Often found in the more social events or league nights. Great way to carry as much beer as you want, all your discs and even pick up trash and/or returnables ($.10 Michigan) along the way. The larger wheels on the jogging stroller work really well in the wooded courses.

But with winter just around the corner I am sure the sleds will begin to appear again in their place. Might as well make the best of the snow on the ground and drop your bag and beverages in the sled and pull it along.

Sheet mon... I started this thread some time ago.

Now I know a little and one thing I do know is I dint know squat when I posted this boner.

I'm going to make a cart. I also throw rollers and I've won a couple of weekend gigs now. I'm still discin chucking and cuttin the air up nicely. Still no ace but I have learned that the courses I play, the baskets are somewhat long ish. I play at a golf corse where we tee off in between stick golfers.

I learned some stuff from visiting here!

So, going to build a cart.

I am not fat, my back does not hurt, I am in the best shape I have been in in 20 years. I'm making a cart because I want to bring along a few things and I don't care if *******s like me don't like carts. Our courses are flat and long and carts work well for a ****load of discs and some cold water and ice.

It's funny to me, what I thought I knew and what I know now. I learned to drive backhand because drives sidearm just seemed like I was missing something. I learned to drive non dominant arm because I screwed up my arm and neck driving sidearm.

I learned that distance was not from power alone, technique has the most effect on distance.

I can throw pretty regularly past three hundred feet and I am a week player but accurate.

Bla bla blah I'm making a cart.

They are cool.

Out.

I see way more guys with jogging strollers than pull carts around this area. Hell, if I could pick one up for $20, I'd use one, too!

Hi Mashy, 3Putt, NoGo, and Hangy!! :p

What's cracking homeyz? If I played on flat courses I'd probably rock the cart myself.

Dave, man, what's up?!?!?

As many child strollers as I have seen the past couple of years on courses, I dont understand why the PDGA does not approach Babys R Us to sponsor tournaments or to develop a dg cart.

The weirdest is seeing the carts at some elevated courses. Seen a guy at Bryant with a cart. Not sure how he would traverse all the stairs. Make it kind of harder then carrying a bag. I guess if you need the beer go for it. I'd rather mix a cocktail and carry that then drag them carts around. Though I do neither.

If you are carrying 60 discs, thats just stupid.