• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hazards

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what event organizers is brilliant in a lot of cases. Certainly not perfect like Winthrop - that OB nonsense is a bit over the top. However it's stepping us away from the old and crusty ball golf model that's currently falling apart with courses closing everywhere and that's a good thing. We need to be doing our own thing. DG is growing up and its time to move out of the ball golf house.

Ball golf has nothing to do with it. I'm talking about watching players do things that only they can do. That's why people watch sports and the real exciting plays are above and beyond the norm. Things like parking a 650 foot hole with a long roller. You are limiting the players because the OB is too big of a penalty. Better to layup and take the easy 3.

Same with the raised baskets and the OB right next to it. You are basically forcing players to layup and most will unless they are close.

The trend is to limit aggressive plays in favor of smart boring ones to stay in bounds.

It's not shocking that Simon has the largest personal youtube channel. He often will play the aggressive crazy route (crazy to us anyways) and does things on his channel that we have never seen. That's why people watch.

They don't tune in to see 300 foot hyzers and 15 foot tap ins.

I think Simon has a large following because he makes a lot of videos and a lot of them are crazy trick shot videos. I don't think he has a lot of followers because of his play on the course.

I think Simon has a large following because he makes a lot of videos and a lot of them are crazy trick shot videos. I don't think he has a lot of followers because of his play on the course.

I would say it's a bit of both. He throws trick shots on the course on occasion during tournaments. A shot he maybe created or at least coined like the skomohawk (sp?). During a skins match he threw this absolutely crazy sky anny not sure if you seen it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H27mR_YM7Nw

Ball golf has nothing to do with it. I'm talking about watching players do things that only they can do. That's why people watch sports and the real exciting plays are above and beyond the norm....

Unlike a boring perfect game in baseball?
Or a snooze fest of a 300 game in bowling?
Maybe a nine-dart finish?
Perhaps a maximum break in snooker?
Or an incredibly boring golden set in tennis?

Yeah, count me out. I'm tired of watching -18 disc golf rounds. Happens way too often, since putting is so easy.

Unlike a boring perfect game in baseball?
Or a snooze fest of a 300 game in bowling?
Maybe a nine-dart finish?
Perhaps a maximum break in snooker?
Or an incredibly boring golden set in tennis?

Yeah, count me out. I'm tired of watching -18 disc golf rounds. Happens way too often, since putting is so easy.

The problem is that it's simply too easy to make birdies and making bogeys is a rare thing.

Yes it does end up come down to putting. Because 1 putting is the norm and you rarely see 3 putts the scoring separation is simply not there. Players are not challenged inside of 33 feet.

What creates more drama? Everyone birdieing a hole on the lead card or having one player birdie, two par and one bogey?

What is your ideal birdie percentage on the avg hole? Do you like 60%?

So this is your point? Well why didn't you just say that...

...Oh yeah, you have over and over and over and over and etc.

So what makes a good hole to you?

What percent of birdies do you like seeing on the avg hole (scoring separation)?

Christ, just landfill this already. It is just a continuation of the larger basket thread now. The very exclusive, personal preference, beat to death here is esoteric at best. Due to the pragmatic inability of application, the conversation warrants little other than a few minutes of preference discussion.

OMD is not interested in changing anything. He does not like pro disc golf the way it is. He is alone. Do we need another thread, of weeks of his making up facts, pontificating on a problem that does not exist, with proposals that are impractical?

I suggest trying to fire up your old larger basket thread, instead of highjacking every other one.

Christ, just landfill this already. It is just a continuation of the larger basket thread now. The very exclusive, personal preference, beat to death here is esoteric at best. Due to the pragmatic inability of application, the conversation warrants little other than a few minutes of preference discussion.

OMD is not interested in changing anything. He does not like pro disc golf the way it is. He is alone. Do we need another thread, of weeks of his making up facts, pontificating on a problem that does not exist, with proposals that are impractical?

I suggest trying to fire up your old larger basket thread, instead of highjacking every other one.

Don't let this get to you so much. I'm eating lunch and heading out for my 1st round of golf 2021. Well, not really. My first round of throwing discs at trees and the front of the basket but I'm still looking forward to it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts