• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hemp disc golf bag handmade

Discstar

I posted this bag about a year ago but it had no pockets. Still needs a couple insulated drink holders but its very usable now. My daughter was happy. I made it from all hemp twine and a couple of salvaged plastic d rings. I'm using my innova backpack straps but I'll eventually make one also.

Attachments

• IMAG0094.jpg
    IMAG0094.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 464
I'm sorry but that pic is hilarious - Your daughter (I'm, assuming) is making the silliest/creepiest face!

Oh, cool bag, too =)

That bag is cool. I hear that Kentucky is going to pass a law allowing the farming of hemp for industrial use. Im sure that someone that is anti-hemp will make their own version out of paracord.

the cotton industry, amongst others, would cease to exist

:thmbup:

hemp01.gif

we could have hemp discs.

Thanks for the good feedback. Yes my daughter is wild. It took about 40 hours total in my freetime. It's a macrame technique with a little bit of altering. And yes if it were legal to grow hemp everywhere in the u.s. paper and cotton companies would have to change everything they did.

Is hemp really that strong?
I ask because I had a pair of hemp shoes 15 years ago and they fell apart after a few weeks :\

Talk about a real DIY bag. I like the idea of actually making your own bag (not that I'm gonna do it). Looks refreshingly different - hope it works out well for you. Just make sure people resist the temptation to light it up, if only out of curiosity.

doesnt hemp naturally shrink and then expand after getting wet (always felt like the bracelets or such Ive had made of hemp do this)

Any experience of this yet?

LOOKS AWESOME

Very cool bag! You should start selling them. It is sad we made such a useful material illegal.

Nice idea!! Got any ideas to keep the bottom from sucking up water, mud, stains? I'd at least die it a darker color.

Latest posts